Bowie, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted October 05, 2013
Pointer Ridge is a good school; however, I would be a great school if the principal would focus of all of the students and not just the tag students. She is so busy trying to make Pointer Ridge into Heather Hill she is losing the confidence of the mainstream parents.

Pointer Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2013
This school is a joke. I have several issues. For one, my child was bullied all year long and the administrators did their bare minimum to try and solve the problem. They looked the other way while my child was being verbally abused, pushed to the ground and tripped on purpose every day. Can you imagine what that does to a child after a while and no adult or person in charge will do anything to help him???? My children encountered racism constantly(we are white, the majority of students were black). My children went here for one year and we have since moved because I couldn't bare to put my children through that again for another year. I wouldn't be surprised if these last 5 reviews in August 2013 were bogus. And secondly, my oldest child was never challenged even though it was obvious he was smarter than the class they had him in and he needed harder work. He was being taught things he mastered 2 years before and there wasn't anything the teacher would do about it. This school cares about it's MD testing scores and that's it!!!!!!!! They teach to the test and little else.

Posted August 22, 2013
This is my daughter's first year. So far the experience has been great. The administrative staff has been extremely helpful. The school seems very organized.

Pointer Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted August 21, 2013
The PR school have some good teachers. I have 3rd grader and now a 2nd grader but during my 2nd grader first year in the school for 1st grade , I had a very rough and unpleasant experience with the teacher and i wish the school can change her and bring in a child friendly teacher for that class. Ms. Jones one of the 2nd grade teacher is awesome and i actually believe she is the best will require a good egg aware.!!!!!! signed by concern parent.

Posted August 15, 2013
My daughter has attended this School since Kindergarten and now going to the 5th grade. I have an older child who attended public School but his School is by far the most effective. If I didn't know any better I would have mistook this School for a private School. Awesome teachers, and faculty, keep up the good work!

Posted August 15, 2013
Happy to say that my daughter excels every year at Pointer Ridge and I am sad to say that this is her last year. It has been a pleasant experience and the faculty has been nothing but supportive.

Posted August 15, 2013
Pointer Ridge is a very good school. My child is entering her second year and she loves it. My child was having a difficult time at her previous school and her test scores was very low. Every since she came to Pointer Ridge I have seen an improvement and she is eager to learn. She is still having some trouble areas but I know as the school year goes on she will get better.

Posted January 19, 2010

Posted December 04, 2009
Pointer Ridge is a great school.I moved from Greenbelt MD with a diabetic child(Type1) who was in 1st grade.I feared about her being closely followed up.The beginning was hard,but the Nurse,the teachers and the Administration are on top of things now.she is doing well in class too.PR has highly qualified teachers and a great PTA.

Posted May 10, 2009
This is our first year attending American schools after living abroad and attending a small International School. I was concerned that the schools would be too big, uncaring, and undisciplined. I have found Pointer Ridge to be a caring school, handling the numbers of children well. At the beginning of the year, I heard a few teachers yelling and berating children, which is never acceptable. However, through the year, I've been involved in the PTA (which is doing a great job in my opinion), and other events and am very happy with Pointer Ridge. The music program is good. I have been concerned about the load of homework for my 5th grader, but with parental support, he is getting through and the better for it, I believe. He's well prepared for middle school. If parents get involved, you'll see they're doing a great job at PR.

Pointer Ridge Elementary School
1110 Parkington Ln, Bowie, MD  20716
Last modified Pointer Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pointer Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top