Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Both my son and I love Tulip Grove elementary. The teachers are very involved with helping kids learn - and I feel like my son is thriving there. The teachers and staff make you feel welcome - and really listen when you have a concern. The relocation has been of no concern at all. Overall a great elementary experience.

I truly love this school. There is 1 teacher that my oldest had who needs to move on but other than that, I have had no issues with the teachers or staff. The principal mentioned in some of the previous comments has moved on but the new principal is wonderful. She even sent out a robo-call over the summer to make sure the parents are informed of what is happening with the school move and renovations. I am very pleased!

The previous reviewer who described the environment of yelling and demeaning behavior by the teachers is spot on. I found the overall environment to be a safe one for my child. But I found the quality of the education to be lacking. So disappointing! There are teachers who yell at students and talk to them in a disrespectful fashion. Too many of them are dismissive of parental concerns regarding their children's progress. They care only about the straight A or TAG students because they make the school look good. Overbearing PTA parents who look out only for their own children's interests have been allowed free range. Too much cliquish and elitist behavior exists at this school. The truly good teachers there are overshadowed by the ones who need to move on. Hopefully the new principal can improve the atmosphere there.

This school does not offer Pre-K. Otherwise, it is a very nice school and located in a nice area.

We love Tulip Grove! The teachers and, parents work together for the children. The school is bright and cheerful with smiles all around. Every morning the principal greets every child by name and gives them a high five. My child is excited about going to school every day! This school is everything any parent would want for their child! We love our school!

All that Glitters is not Gold! Bullying by staff and students is off the hook. Go to the cafeteria, or walk down the halls and just listen; you'll get an earful of demeaning words, even screaming at the top of their lungs to get their students to comply. More like a military academy than a school. All for a great bonu$$ payout for the staff, when the test scores come in. Very unfortunate because not all the teachers are bully's. Need to just mention the PE teacher is a saint !

We are very pleased with the education our children are receiving at Tulip Grove and with the positive environment in which it's being delivered. The principal, who greets the children with excitement every morning, rewards both peaceful behavior and academic achievement. The teachers are dedicated and care about the success of their students. Unlike many schools, they have an open-door policy and welcome parental involvement. Despite budget cuts, they've continued to provide consistent, quality education.

This school's reputation is highly exaggerated. This reality has only become more apparent. My biggest concern with this school is the lack of true leadership. The principal is a narcissist. He does NOT have the students OR staff's best interests in mind. He is absent from day to day activities and clueless. As tax payers, we should not be wasting our money on their paychecks, we should be investing that precious money on OUR TEACHERS. This county has been very proactive in encouraging teachers to pursue National Board Certification. However, the county is not honoring their end of the deal. Teachers must invest a lot of blood, sweat and tears, all for the benefit of this county, yet they are now crying broke unlike Google, where they VALUE their employees, treat them with respect. SHAMEFUL! Please let me clarify, when my eldest son went through this school there was an AMAZING administrational team. Dr. David Scuccimarra and Mr. Ronald Creek were exceptional leaders that were always present. They made a great team and truly supported their staff the way we as parents expect. True professionals! Sorry to have seen them move on!

This is a great school in a wonderful community. The teachers and principal do a wonderful job guiding the children. We had the opportunity to put my daughter into a TAG magnet school, but we like it so much at Tulip Grove that we have decided to keep her there. The PTA is very active and there are many opportunities for parents to be involved in their child's school experience. I feel extremely lucky to live in the Tulip Grove boundary.

Tulip Grove is a fantastic elementary school. Outstanding teachers and lots of parent involvement have fostered a wonderful learning environment for our children.

Last modified Tulip Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.