PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

When my daughter graduated I was concerned about the transition from Montessori to Traditional. Nonetheless, she never skipped a beat. Bowie Montessori teaches the children to work diligently and with a code of excellence whether it is at school, home or anywhere.

My daughter graduated last school year and my son is currently a third year student. I cannot thank BMCH enough for investing so much into my children. The staff and administration are WONDERFUL! The curriculum is geared to allow students to succeed not only academically but also in everyday life.

Policies and procedures don't make sense or benefit students. Not known for a challenging curriculum.

My son is going to this school for 2 years now. The first year was great in the Toddler program. There was a change in management in the last year and it has been terrible ever since. There is no common sense in their rules and they are apparently written in stone. The new principal is just absolutely rigid and arrogant. We are not re-enrolling our child for next year. There are other schools in a 10 mile radius which are much better!

Bowie Montessori is a wonderful place. I thoroughly appreciate my children's education there. They are happy and cared for and learning so very much. The teachers and assistants and administration at the school are amazing, friendly, helpful, supportive and caring. Everyone knows my children and it makes me feel as though they are treated like family. It's a wonderful community. The campus is beautiful and cared for with safety in mind. My children excel and look forward to school every day. I highly recommend this school. I've been so proud of my children's accomplishments academically and socially.

Bowie Montessori Children's House has been the perfect fit for my family. It is hands down the best Montessori school I have visited in the area.

My grandchildren attend BMCH. From the moment I saw the campus and met the staff, I knew it was the perfect place for them to be! I see happy children full of care and concern for one another. Independent little people! Not just my grandchildren! So pleased with how much my little ones love to go to school there, and love to hear them talk about their experiences at BMCH .

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at BMCH get to know your child as an individual and teach them based on their particular academic ability. My children love their teachers and we have had a great experience with the teachers we have worked with thus far at BMCH

BMCH has been a wonderful place for my children to grow, learn and thrive. I was greatly impressed with the campus, classrooms and teaching staff when I first visited the school with my husband. We were thrilled to find such a wonderful place and elated when our children began at the school. We heard wonderful things during our tour about the school and have found each one to be actualized. My children have leaped ahead in reading and language skills. They have become highly proficient. I am constantly astounded by their level of understanding of certain concepts (history, geography, science, etc.) In addition, their confidence has increased as has their comfort level around other adults. The new administration is great. I look forward for the year ahead and am so thankful that my children have found a home at BMCH!

We heard great things about Montessori schools & when we visited the school they made us all kinds of promises (ex: they told us they have a nap room & my kid can go there for naps but once enrolled they told me that the nap room was for kids <3 & they didn't have room for her). 2 weeks after school started the teacher's aid in my child's primary care asked me during pick up "why is my kid so lazy?" She said that in front of about 15 of her peers & I was mortified. Things went downhill from there. All we got was an apology from the teacher & a shoulder shrug of an apology from the head mistress (who btw was ruling kids & parents with intimidation). My kid hated going there & she used to love her other pre-k. It's been 3 months since we left BMCH & my child refers to the aid as the only person who has ever been mean to her (I.e. She won't allow her do her favorite activities, won't let her sit next to her friends during lunch, & talk to her in a very mean way). The parent teacher conf was useless as her teacher was very passive-aggressive & needed head mistress's permission for everything. Forget the $, I wouldn't go back to this school even if it was free. Thank goodness we had the ability to move & provide better education for my kids. PS: yes, the admin staff are terrible. So pretty much the only positive thing is the landscaping.

Last modified Bowie Montessori Childrens House is a Private school that serves grades PK-8