Bowie, MD

Posted March 04, 2014
Our 2 children love going to school at Bowie Montessori. The work is challenging and rewarding for our children. Teachers are caring and well-educated, the academic administrator has been very helpful in explaining stages of child development and assisting with problems, and the managing director has created a smoothly-run, child-centered, safety-conscious school and beautiful environment. Our children will continue at Bowie Montessori through the 8th grade.

Posted February 28, 2014
I don't know where to begin since there are so many wonderful aspects of BMCH! We have had children attending this school for 8 years & it keeps getting better! The teachers & administration are top notch in their concern, knowledge, and commitment to the children and the parents. The director works hard to make sure the parents are well informed & the school is running smoothly with improvements constantly being added. Our children have flourished here, not only academically, but socially as well. They love their classrooms, teachers, & fellow students. They also love the beautiful campus they get to enjoy on a daily basis, either at recess, PE, or on a nature walk exploring the plants & animals. They love being able to learn Spanish, try their hand in Art, & practice various roles in Drama. The new reading specialist is no less than excellent! She took one of my children who had no reading experience at all to reading any book they desire in just 3 months. This is just one example of the level of dedication given to students. They are constantly being challenged and given new opportunities to learn. You will be hard pressed to find another school as amazing as BMCH!

Posted February 28, 2014
Sensational school with fantastic faculty and campus. My children love this school and thrive in the Montessori environment. There are times when my kids are home on break and tell me they want to go back to school! I highly recommend BMCH to anyone seeking a welcoming school for their child, where they can learn and develop at the same time.

Posted February 10, 2014
Bowie Montessori Childrens House Our children have thrived academically and socially at BMCH. It is truly a testament to the teachers and staff. We have been pleased as parents with not only their academic progress, but also the wonderful friends they have made. We look forward to our children's continued academic progress.

Bowie Montessori Childrens House 3

Posted January 24, 2014
Initially when our child attended the school, I was excited about the experience and the approach to learning. Now after being at the school for a number of years, I remain disappointed in the lack of parental input and involvement allowed by the administration. Decisions are made without concern for the impact on the parents and their children. There still remains this feeling as though you are not allowed to express your opinion. For your opinions are received but not heard. When the administration is approached with concerns, the parents are given relatively disingenuous responses and are ignored. All of this saddens me greatly because I truly wanted to believe in the school and what it has to offer.

Posted January 17, 2014
Bowie Montessori has excellent teachers (most have at least one Masters degree), a facility that provides many learning opportunities, and a beautiful campus where students walking along the pathways greet adults with big smiles. In addition to classroom teachers, there is a full-time art teacher and a full-time reading specialist, as well as assistants for chorus, drama, carpentry, and nature studies. There are seven separate play areas with several connecting paths on the 22-acre campus. Organized PE classes include SPARK, personal best, fitness, and folk dance. There are afterschool classes, too, for taekwondo, dance, and yoga, as well as chess and STEM. There are computer labs in both the upper and lower campuses for elementary and jr high students, as well as a WeatherBug station at the school. Several jr high classes are scheduled each week that incorporate computer learning, and students will begin an engineering class in the 3rd quarter. For many years the big jr high trip has been a 3-day adventure at Genesee Valley Learning Center and students rave about the wonderful experience. There have been many updates to buildings and grounds that have made BMCH a peaceful oasis.

Posted September 10, 2013
We are so excited to start the our third year at BMCH! The school is wonderful and we're happy about the addition of a Reading Specialist to the staff...just another way to show how much they care about their students needs. What a great place!

Bowie Montessori Childrens House 4

Posted May 09, 2013
My son is a student at BMCH and this is his 6th year in the school. This is THE best fit for my son. The program lets him learn at his pace and the teachers are very encouraging.. Academically he is way above the curve, but more importantly we as parents feel that he is getting a well rounded education. There are a lot of after school activities offered this year. There was some chaos a couple of years back when the administration changed but things have stabilized now. The staff and teachers are the absolute best.

Posted April 30, 2013
Enroll Today!!! I have been a parent at BMCH for three years now. I have two children attending BMCH. As a parent, I marvel at how they have grown in knowledge and in self confidence. My kids are so excited about learning and about BMCH that they often ask , "We're not going to be late for school...are we?" They love waking up in the morning to go to school. The teachers are incredible! My kids are advanced in math, have a passion for creative writing, and are curious about their environment. You can't put a price tag on that kind of education! In addition to the education, there's a variety of extracurricular activities offered to the students. The school offers, Yoga, Indian Dance, Drama, Music, Chess...and other activites after school. It is fully my intention to keep my children at BMCH until 8th grade. I have no doubt that this school will continue to exceed my expectations!

Posted April 11, 2013
My daughter has been at BMCH since she was just 2 years old. She's five now, can read, write in block and cursive letters, knows where Tanzania is, does basic math, can identify different trees/wildflowers, and takes care of the rabbits and chickens they have on campus. What my daughter learns at this school is to be a good citizen, polite, kind hearted, caring, responsible, and frankly she's become a pretty awesome kid. I attribute much of her attitude and behaviors to the school and we are grateful for it. She runs circles around our friends children who attend regular 'daycare' and or public schools. You will be hard pressed to find a campus which is even half as beautiful or expansive as BMCH. Even though they have never had a problem with security, they have added a security guard to the staff, and I'm sure every parent can agree that provides a sense of relief. My daughter loves her teacher, and learns something new every day. We keep a notebook in her school bag where her teacher sends us notes. It's simple, but I know what is going on with my daughter. We plan to stay at BMCH through 8th grade!

Bowie Montessori Childrens House
5004 Randonstone Lane, Bowie, MD  20715
Last modified Bowie Montessori Childrens House is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Bowie Montessori Childrens House Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top