PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted June 01, 2016
My son is going to this school for 2 years now. The first year was great in the Toddler program. There was a change in management in the last year and it has been terrible ever since. There is no common sense in their rules and they are apparently written in stone. The new principal is just absolutely rigid and arrogant. We are not re-enrolling our child for next year. There are other schools in a 10 mile radius which are much better!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 01, 2016
Ms.Oliver who is no longer teaching at this school. she was my son's toddler classroom teachers and she was just awesome. very understanding & patient and gave very good report on my son's progress etc.

Posted December 11, 2015
Bowie Montessori is a wonderful place. I thoroughly appreciate my children's education there. They are happy and cared for and learning so very much. The teachers and assistants and administration at the school are amazing, friendly, helpful, supportive and caring. Everyone knows my children and it makes me feel as though they are treated like family. It's a wonderful community. The campus is beautiful and cared for with safety in mind. My children excel and look forward to school every day. I highly recommend this school. I've been so proud of my children's accomplishments academically and socially.

Posted December 07, 2015
Bowie Montessori Children's House has been the perfect fit for my family. It is hands down the best Montessori school I have visited in the area.

Posted November 23, 2015
My grandchildren attend BMCH. From the moment I saw the campus and met the staff, I knew it was the perfect place for them to be! I see happy children full of care and concern for one another. Independent little people! Not just my grandchildren! So pleased with how much my little ones love to go to school there, and love to hear them talk about their experiences at BMCH .

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 11, 2015
The teachers at BMCH get to know your child as an individual and teach them based on their particular academic ability. My children love their teachers and we have had a great experience with the teachers we have worked with thus far at BMCH

Posted September 11, 2015
BMCH has been a wonderful place for my children to grow, learn and thrive. I was greatly impressed with the campus, classrooms and teaching staff when I first visited the school with my husband. We were thrilled to find such a wonderful place and elated when our children began at the school. We heard wonderful things during our tour about the school and have found each one to be actualized. My children have leaped ahead in reading and language skills. They have become highly proficient. I am constantly astounded by their level of understanding of certain concepts (history, geography, science, etc.) In addition, their confidence has increased as has their comfort level around other adults. The new administration is great. I look forward for the year ahead and am so thankful that my children have found a home at BMCH!

Posted August 07, 2015
We heard great things about Montessori schools & when we visited the school they made us all kinds of promises (ex: they told us they have a nap room & my kid can go there for naps but once enrolled they told me that the nap room was for kids <3 & they didn't have room for her). 2 weeks after school started the teacher's aid in my child's primary care asked me during pick up "why is my kid so lazy?" She said that in front of about 15 of her peers & I was mortified. Things went downhill from there. All we got was an apology from the teacher & a shoulder shrug of an apology from the head mistress (who btw was ruling kids & parents with intimidation). My kid hated going there & she used to love her other pre-k. It's been 3 months since we left BMCH & my child refers to the aid as the only person who has ever been mean to her (I.e. She won't allow her do her favorite activities, won't let her sit next to her friends during lunch, & talk to her in a very mean way). The parent teacher conf was useless as her teacher was very passive-aggressive & needed head mistress's permission for everything. Forget the $, I wouldn't go back to this school even if it was free. Thank goodness we had the ability to move & provide better education for my kids. PS: yes, the admin staff are terrible. So pretty much the only positive thing is the landscaping.

Posted June 19, 2015
When my children started at BMCH, we were promised the world. We were guaranteed the staff was dedicated to working with the parents to ensure the best education possible for our children. Our second year at BMCH, my daughter had a difficult time reading, the teacher suggested that we have her eyes checked--we did, but this didn't fix the problem. The following year, my daughter saw a specialist because we were told she couldn't focus. We later discovered that my daughter, going into her third year (3rd grade) couldn't read at a 1st grade level. After 3 months at Sylvan, she is reading ahead of her peers, is focused on her subject, and now loves to read. This year, we were promised she would meet "regularly" with a reading specialist--it never happened. After testing for possible enrollment at a new school, we learned my son (1st grade) is far behind in reading, spelling and math. In my experience, the school talks a good game, but never followed through on anything. I feel that my decision to place my children in BMCH has set them back years behind their peers. If only I could do it all over again...

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 19, 2015
In the several years we have been at BMCH, promises were made on academic improvements that never became a reality. Teachers promised that they would be available when needed, but it was a constant struggle to get meets with the teachers and/or the Director--phone calls were ignored and never returned

5004 Randonstone Lane, Bowie, MD  20715
Last modified Bowie Montessori Childrens House is a Private school that serves grades PK-8