Bowie, MD

Bowie Montessori Childrens House 1

Posted June 19, 2015
When my children started at BMCH, we were promised the world. We were guaranteed the staff was dedicated to working with the parents to ensure the best education possible for our children. Our second year at BMCH, my daughter had a difficult time reading, the teacher suggested that we have her eyes checked--we did, but this didn't fix the problem. The following year, my daughter saw a specialist because we were told she couldn't focus. We later discovered that my daughter, going into her third year (3rd grade) couldn't read at a 1st grade level. After 3 months at Sylvan, she is reading ahead of her peers, is focused on her subject, and now loves to read. This year, we were promised she would meet "regularly" with a reading specialist--it never happened. After testing for possible enrollment at a new school, we learned my son (1st grade) is far behind in reading, spelling and math. In my experience, the school talks a good game, but never followed through on anything. I feel that my decision to place my children in BMCH has set them back years behind their peers. If only I could do it all over again...

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 19, 2015
In the several years we have been at BMCH, promises were made on academic improvements that never became a reality. Teachers promised that they would be available when needed, but it was a constant struggle to get meets with the teachers and/or the Director--phone calls were ignored and never returned

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 02, 2015
His teacher recognizes who my son is and pushes him to do what he needs to do. He sees his potential and encourages it.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 02, 2015
Right now for my son, he doesn't have homework from the school but he does a page of work that I give him everynight. It's been less stressful on both of us with our family life

Posted June 02, 2015
My son absolutely loves his school! Before he started BMCH, he was at another PG County school. My son would tell me everyday that he did not want to go to school...this was in 3rd Grade. Since he has been to BMCH, he has not once said that to me. Infact, he can not wait for school to start when summer is over. He has grown there tremendously. The teachers that he has had recognizes who he is the things he excells at and the things he needs to improve and they are always working on both areas. Only thing I would like the school to do more is have orientation at the beginning of the school year to let parents know what the upcoming school year looks like, what's expected for that year from students. It would be great to have more interaction between parents and teachers. Other then that, I would recommend this school to anyone....and I do anytime I'm asked!

Posted March 04, 2014
Our 2 children love going to school at Bowie Montessori. The work is challenging and rewarding for our children. Teachers are caring and well-educated, the academic administrator has been very helpful in explaining stages of child development and assisting with problems, and the managing director has created a smoothly-run, child-centered, safety-conscious school and beautiful environment. Our children will continue at Bowie Montessori through the 8th grade.

Posted February 28, 2014
I don't know where to begin since there are so many wonderful aspects of BMCH! We have had children attending this school for 8 years & it keeps getting better! The teachers & administration are top notch in their concern, knowledge, and commitment to the children and the parents. The director works hard to make sure the parents are well informed & the school is running smoothly with improvements constantly being added. Our children have flourished here, not only academically, but socially as well. They love their classrooms, teachers, & fellow students. They also love the beautiful campus they get to enjoy on a daily basis, either at recess, PE, or on a nature walk exploring the plants & animals. They love being able to learn Spanish, try their hand in Art, & practice various roles in Drama. The new reading specialist is no less than excellent! She took one of my children who had no reading experience at all to reading any book they desire in just 3 months. This is just one example of the level of dedication given to students. They are constantly being challenged and given new opportunities to learn. You will be hard pressed to find another school as amazing as BMCH!

Posted February 28, 2014
Sensational school with fantastic faculty and campus. My children love this school and thrive in the Montessori environment. There are times when my kids are home on break and tell me they want to go back to school! I highly recommend BMCH to anyone seeking a welcoming school for their child, where they can learn and develop at the same time.

Posted February 10, 2014
Bowie Montessori Childrens House Our children have thrived academically and socially at BMCH. It is truly a testament to the teachers and staff. We have been pleased as parents with not only their academic progress, but also the wonderful friends they have made. We look forward to our children's continued academic progress.

Bowie Montessori Childrens House 3

Posted January 24, 2014
Initially when our child attended the school, I was excited about the experience and the approach to learning. Now after being at the school for a number of years, I remain disappointed in the lack of parental input and involvement allowed by the administration. Decisions are made without concern for the impact on the parents and their children. There still remains this feeling as though you are not allowed to express your opinion. For your opinions are received but not heard. When the administration is approached with concerns, the parents are given relatively disingenuous responses and are ignored. All of this saddens me greatly because I truly wanted to believe in the school and what it has to offer.

5004 Randonstone Lane, Bowie, MD  20715
Last modified Bowie Montessori Childrens House is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Bowie Montessori Childrens House Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top