K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I enrolled my children at Grace Christian School for the 2015-2016 school year and I couldn’t be more pleased. My daughter entered the 5th grade and my son entered Kindergarten. As a parent I am very impressed. I have experienced superior customer service from the administration and staff from the very beginning. The school does an excellent job of keeping the parents informed. I have never sent an email that has gone unanswered or called and someone did not answer the phone. Academically, my children are challenged. The teachers are incredibly dedicated and have above average expectations of their students. They teachers give plenty of support and reinforcement. I was originally worried about my daughter being too challenged because she was having problems in reading in public school and I was afraid that she wouldn’t be able to keep up or wouldn’t be given the resources she needed to improve. Not only has Grace Christian provided her with the resources she needs but they have given her a new love for learning. The music and sports programs are awesome! Parental involvement can always be better but I can honestly say that I haven’t met a parent yet that wasn’t willing or available to provide me guidance and support. No school is perfect but Grace Christian comes pretty close.

I have had children in the school for the past 5 years, and the quality of the education has been amazing. They were reading well in kindergarten and according to the national standardized tests, all 3 have been tracking on between 1-2 grade levels above. The school is preparing my children well for high school. The teachers care about the children and the administration works with you. I've checked out a lot of schools, and I'm so thankful we found Grace Christian School.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers make the school. The curriculum is good, the building is great, and they have a new amazing playground; however, the teachers make this school the best. The teachers see their role not as just a job but as a ministry. They come to serve the Lord and give their best. It's about investing in the students, connecting with the parents, and finding any way for every child to succeed under their care. As a parent, I've experienced their dedication first hand and I would not want to be anywhere else.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school develops honesty, integrity, and fairness in its students through the model of the teachers/staff, and through the biblical lessons they teach in every subject.

Grace has truly been a blessing for our family. Our oldest attended Kindergarten from 2014-15, with Mrs. Stevens, and we couldn't have asked for more. The class size is small enough that children who may need extra attention (good/bad) may receive it, but large enough that they are a team. Communication was insightful, thoughtful, and consistent. The curricula was challenging and provided a balance of activities. Honestly, I can't say enough positive things.

Our son started attending Grace for Kindergarten. We were interested in having him attend a private school, one that focused on Christian principles. I researched the schools in the area and weeded it down between Grace and Holy Trinity. When I went in for the Open House at Grace, I immediately felt at ease; the administration I met with made me feel at home, and I did not get the impression that this school was motivated by money or meeting their enrollment quota. I could sense the pride and enthusiasm about Grace, and knew this was somewhere our child needed to be. He will enter Second Grade next year and I know we made the right choice! From the curriculum and learning programs, the expertise and patience of the teachers, the way Christ is implemented in lesson plans and life decisions, to the willingness of the parent / faculty population to assist with matters pertaining to the school, we have been nothing short than pleased. We continue to see spritual and educational growth for our son and couldn't be more happier.

We love Grace Christian. We've been there since our oldest was in kindergarten, and now have two kids in school. I think besides being so pleased with their education, the love and compassion that the teachers/staff/administration have for our kids is amazing. You can tell there is an environment of support between the faculty, and we have personally experienced grace and love from all involved when our oldest had a couple serious injuries. The school was great working with us to make up work and made sure that everything got done and welcomed him back with such enthusiasm. Jesus is lifted up in every area, and I love that they partner with us as parents to instill Christ-like values in our kids. As a bonus they have band, art, choir, music, a real library, fun and interesting field trips, a fabulous fine arts program, LEGO robotics, aftercare program, and sports teams. One of the most reasonable tuitions for the area and it is so worth it!!

Grace Christian School is a wonderful school. They have a rigorous academic platform which allows kids to get ahead of most in public and private schools in the Prince Georges County area and their tuition is very reasonable. They have aftercare and programs to help students that need tutoring which is extremely valuable. They also provide great sports (Girls Vball and Girls Basketball were state champions in 2015) and they have a unique Fine Arts Program where kids can celebrate other talents in music, science, history, art, crafts. The teachers are loving, fun and believe in teaching your child to know GOD and practice patience, humbleness and kindness. If you are looking for a Great School, come to Grace Christian School.

My daughter have been a student at Grace Christian School for 3 years, we enrolled her in kindergarten. We are very pleased with the academics that she is being taught here at GCS with all subjects. We love the teachers, administration, the diversity and teachings of Jesus Christ. I love the foundation that is being instilled in my child about the word of the LORD. Each time we come to the school the teachers and staff always displays a very friendly and warm demeanor. The parent involvement and participation with the school is great. Also, the cost of the tuition is affordable compared to the various private schools in the area. We are very pleased with GCS and we pray that the school continue to offer to us what they have given us thus far and get even better for the years to come. Remember no school is perfect, but if you are considering GCS as a choice for your child, I don t think you will be disappointed!!! A GREAT SCHOOL!!!

We have been at Grace for 2 years now, and we love the teachers, environment and admin staff. They have a committment to walking with GOD and teach your child in every subject to submit to him - a foundation that will last a lifetime. We are so pleased with the help and guidance our child has got since she has started as she struggled at Holy Trinity and got no help. The tuition is worth every penny and the teachers are very humble, committed and dedicated to the development of your child. They have a phenomenal fine arts program, great diversity (like the real world) and parent envolvement. We wish we had found Grace in PreK, as this is exactly where we should have been all along! Both of our kids love to go to school everyday and miss when they are on break! Amazing School!

Last modified Grace Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8