Bowie, MD

Grace Christian School 4

Posted April 13, 2015
Our son started attending Grace for Kindergarten. We were interested in having him attend a private school, one that focused on Christian principles. I researched the schools in the area and weeded it down between Grace and Holy Trinity. When I went in for the Open House at Grace, I immediately felt at ease; the administration I met with made me feel at home, and I did not get the impression that this school was motivated by money or meeting their enrollment quota. I could sense the pride and enthusiasm about Grace, and knew this was somewhere our child needed to be. He will enter Second Grade next year and I know we made the right choice! From the curriculum and learning programs, the expertise and patience of the teachers, the way Christ is implemented in lesson plans and life decisions, to the willingness of the parent / faculty population to assist with matters pertaining to the school, we have been nothing short than pleased. We continue to see spritual and educational growth for our son and couldn't be more happier.

Posted April 03, 2015
We love Grace Christian. We've been there since our oldest was in kindergarten, and now have two kids in school. I think besides being so pleased with their education, the love and compassion that the teachers/staff/administration have for our kids is amazing. You can tell there is an environment of support between the faculty, and we have personally experienced grace and love from all involved when our oldest had a couple serious injuries. The school was great working with us to make up work and made sure that everything got done and welcomed him back with such enthusiasm. Jesus is lifted up in every area, and I love that they partner with us as parents to instill Christ-like values in our kids. As a bonus they have band, art, choir, music, a real library, fun and interesting field trips, a fabulous fine arts program, LEGO robotics, aftercare program, and sports teams. One of the most reasonable tuitions for the area and it is so worth it!!

Posted March 24, 2015
Grace Christian School is a wonderful school. They have a rigorous academic platform which allows kids to get ahead of most in public and private schools in the Prince Georges County area and their tuition is very reasonable. They have aftercare and programs to help students that need tutoring which is extremely valuable. They also provide great sports (Girls Vball and Girls Basketball were state champions in 2015) and they have a unique Fine Arts Program where kids can celebrate other talents in music, science, history, art, crafts. The teachers are loving, fun and believe in teaching your child to know GOD and practice patience, humbleness and kindness. If you are looking for a Great School, come to Grace Christian School.

Posted November 28, 2012
My daughter have been a student at Grace Christian School for 3 years, we enrolled her in kindergarten. We are very pleased with the academics that she is being taught here at GCS with all subjects. We love the teachers, administration, the diversity and teachings of Jesus Christ. I love the foundation that is being instilled in my child about the word of the LORD. Each time we come to the school the teachers and staff always displays a very friendly and warm demeanor. The parent involvement and participation with the school is great. Also, the cost of the tuition is affordable compared to the various private schools in the area. We are very pleased with GCS and we pray that the school continue to offer to us what they have given us thus far and get even better for the years to come. Remember no school is perfect, but if you are considering GCS as a choice for your child, I don t think you will be disappointed!!! A GREAT SCHOOL!!!

Posted July 16, 2012
We have been at Grace for 2 years now, and we love the teachers, environment and admin staff. They have a committment to walking with GOD and teach your child in every subject to submit to him - a foundation that will last a lifetime. We are so pleased with the help and guidance our child has got since she has started as she struggled at Holy Trinity and got no help. The tuition is worth every penny and the teachers are very humble, committed and dedicated to the development of your child. They have a phenomenal fine arts program, great diversity (like the real world) and parent envolvement. We wish we had found Grace in PreK, as this is exactly where we should have been all along! Both of our kids love to go to school everyday and miss when they are on break! Amazing School!

Posted June 07, 2012
I enrolled my son in Grace Christian School three years ago and he attended it from the 6th to the 8th grade. I could not have asked for a better middle school experience for him. He thoroughly enjoyed attending this school and learned a lot as well. I would highly recommend Grace Christian school to anyone looking for a good private school to attend. I have nothing but praise for their staff and administrative staff. When my son graduated from the 8th grade, the school gave them a fabulous send off, one like I've never seen before. For what we paid we received generously back from the school. This is truly a great school for your child to attend.

Grace Christian School 2

Posted December 31, 2010
I went to this school from kindergarten to 4th grade and it was okay. The kids never listened and the teachers did nothing about it. Discipline was not their strong point. The curriculum was not very hard and I wasn't challenged at all. The lower grades like kindergarten to 2nd grade were very good and I loved it. The upper grades were just okay. The curriculum was pretty good but the kids caused a lot of drama which is typical.

Posted December 27, 2010
GCS provides a great learning environment for my two sons (K and 2nd grade). The curriculum is quite challenging and is extremely good in reading, math, and science. The teachers are excellent and many have been teaching for many years at GCS. One of the best things about GCS is the level of parent support and participation. GCS kids are often listed in the news for their success and have many options once they graduate. As a very educated parent, I was pleased to find a great competitive school in the local area at a cost that allows me to save more than average for future college expenses.

Grace Christian School 4

Posted January 19, 2010
I have a student in 5th and 8th grade. Grace is a wonderful school with an especially talented Music Teacher, Mrs. Birch. The performances are outstanding! The academics are strong, but at times a little rigid missing the big picture of the concept instead of the small details of perfection. The Science program needs to be reviewed as an obvious weakness focusing on book work instead of labs. The computer class is great, and it is nice that girls and boys are separated for P.E helping the achievement of girls. One improvement that is badly needed is an aftercare component!!!!!

Posted January 16, 2010
I have a daughter currently in 3rd grade. She has attended Grace since the 1st grade. I echo the reviews of so many who believe that this is one of the best schools in the area. The curriculum is very challenging but the teachers and staff remain loving and friendly. They have a well-rounded curriculum inclusive of foreign language, arts, and music. The math, science, and reading areas are well-defined and advanced. My daughter has a wonderful love of reading - reading up to four chapter books a week. I attibute her love of reading partially to GCS. GCS predominantly uses learning materials from Abeka but supplements from other materials. The field trips and a commitment to social service (visiting nursing homes and sponsoring those in need) are added bonuses. I am confident that my child is being well-developed cademically, socially, and spirtually. I am grateful that I found this school.

Grace Christian School