Cornerstone Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 158 students

Living in Bowie

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $229,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,250.

Sweep tile

Posted February 6, 2014

I have a child in the pre-K program this year, and I have found the education and environment to be excellent. We were not involved with the school last year, but have heard that there have been many changes for the 2013-14 school year--which I believe have had a positive impact. The school, especially at the younger ages, seems to stress Christian character as well as academics. My child has memorized bible verses, learned numerous bible stories, and is excited about academics as well. The school also has a fair amount of special events and field trips, which I think makes it a very well rounded program. Can't speak for the higher grades (which I believe use a different curriculum...pre-K uses Abeka), but we are very happy with the pre-K program and love the two teachers in the room. Also, very proactive principal and children's pastor who both have a genuine love for children, and a genuine desire to see them grow on the Lord. Most parents seem very involved in the school, as well. I am hopeful that next school year, we will have the same impression of the school!

Posted July 13, 2011

Cornerstone is a great private Christian setting for any age child - whether he or she is 4 yrs to 14 yrs. The staff is so dedicated and really takes the time to cater to students in a one-on-one fashion - it's really helped so many students', even my own student, to be self-assure, ready to move onto high school, and ready for the world. Parents should become extremely involved! There are tons of opportunities for Service Hours - don't pass them up! This school has grown with the help of fabulous parents and staff alike. I see some complaints from people who probably didn't follow rules or pay their bill. This is an institution that is truly serving your child, not a freebie education. Continue to trust that your children are in the right hands - they are!!

Posted February 5, 2011

Great school, they love your students, through difficult times. They respect the parents input about tier student. They have smaller classrooms, average size of 12-18. Tuition is low to average. They offer tours and classroom observations, and they welcome parental help.

Posted January 21, 2011

I like CCA very much. The curriculum used is very good. I like the emphasis on God and the Godly environment. My sons have attended since 2006 and we have not encountered any problems with the teachers or staff. My sons are well behaved and doing very well at CCA. I think that people have to know what type of school they are looking for and find a school that meets their requiremets. CCA meets the requirements that our family needs.

Posted April 27, 2010

The staff and faculty at CCA are terrific. The middle-school aged curriculum is better than satisfactory.

Posted October 9, 2008

CCA is an excellent school. CCA provides a Christ-centered education where the word of God is an integral part of the entire curriculum. I have been a part of the staff for 12 years.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 14, 2008

I know people who have taken their kids out because of the curriculum and they try to get them into other private schools and can't because they can't pass the entry test. There have even been students who have left this private institution to be put in public school and they struggle the entire school year because they are so far behind. Remember, this is not free education and we should be getting more for our money. I'm a very involved parent at the school and they have built on their new church. This school year 07-08 has been nothing but constantly asking for money every week! It's ridiculous and after the next school year I will have to find a new spot for my son. I do think the pre-k and K classes are great. Not sure about 1-8 but I'm not staying after 2nd grade to find out.

Posted April 2, 2008

I have a child that has been at the middle school for the past two years and I am removing my student for Fall 08. I am not satisfied with the curriculum. Not enough material is being introduced during the school year thus my honor student is not being challenged and dreds going to school. Math program is below national standards and is not preparing students adequately for high school.

Posted August 29, 2007

We have had 2 children in this school for a number of years. The pre-k and K programs were teriffic! But over the years, the quality of education has steadily declined. The Jr. High school 6, 7, and 8 are horrible! The kids are unruly, rude, and not diciplined. It may have been good in 2005 but this is 2007 and it doesen't deserve a 5 star rating anymore.

Posted October 23, 2005

Having had 2 children in this school since Pre-K I can tell you this is a GREAT school. All parents MUST attend a church of their choice and must volunter @ 20 hrs per school year to help the school. The teachers and staff have a genuine concern for the students and the Principal, Millie always has her door open should you have a concern. Special 'Hats off to Mrs Rozales,Miss Booth, Miss Kitty and Mrs Tanner. Keep up the GREAT WORK. We miss you in the office MARTI.

Posted April 5, 2005

My daughter has been a student at this school since Kind. She is currently in the 2nd grade and we all love it. She has learned so much and her love for the Lord has been enhanced by the teachers and other staff members. The school is very diverse and they are all treated as equals. We are thinking of relocating to another state and Cornerstone will be greatly missed by my family. I recommend this school to anyone who wants a good Christian foundation and a good curriculum.

Posted January 26, 2005

I think this is an excellent atmosphere for learning. The teachers have such a heart to minister to the children. They believe in supporting our missionaries at home and abroad. It is great to have such spirtual values being taught along with the basic skills needed. The principal,adminstator and teachers are incredible leaders that model to our children what is like to be a Christian, everyday. It is awesome to see prayer in action,too!!

Posted September 14, 2004

This school has been such a blessing to our family. My son has overcome reading difficulties, received lots of encouragement, and thrived. The teachers want to be there, pray as a group every a.m. before classes start. Parents are very involved and help each other out. Students are from a very diverse background. All are treated fairly. Office staff is wonderful!

Two or more races 4% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Assembly of god
Associations
  • ACSI
  • ACTS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

16010 Annapolis Rd