Cornerstone Christian Academy 3

Posted March 13, 2015
The School does a good job at K-5. Teachers are caring and take an active interest in your child. You don't have to choose between a Christ-Centered faculty, or is great academically. CCA K-5, allows parents to not have to compromise. 7-8 grade, however, has caused us a couple of times to second guess if we made the right choice not transferring out. Have spoken to the Administration starting in sixth grade about the level of homework being insufficient to prepare for high school. 7/8 grades not better, for different reasons.Teachers during the last two years were not as excited to be at CCA as their K-5 peers, or in making an impact. Have spoken with the new Administration, and they seem to be aware of these types of concerns. Remains to be seen if they make the hard choices necessary to bring the Middle School teaching up to the same standards as K-5. There are some very caring, Christ-centered faculty who have made a serious difference in our child's life. But there are also some teachers who should really pray about what they do every day, and the impact they are having on the next generation of leadership, then decide if its time for them to move on.

Posted March 11, 2015
We are extremely excited about the new direction of the school. The academic rigor has improved 1000%. The new administration has been diligent to provide increased after school tutoring. The church and school together have provided each classroom with smartboards. It's overall an improved academic and spiritual environment.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 2

Posted March 11, 2015
Extremely disappointed in the direction Cornerstone has taken. The new administration has neglected to properly manage the middle school and in particular the time-sensitive critical needs of the eight graders. We chose to keep our student at CCA for the middle school because we valued the small classroom sizes, but unfortunately the "tone" of the school has changed and instead of "servicing" the needs of students, it now feels more like we (the family and student) are secondary to the goals of the institution. What was once a collaborative environment is fast eroding into the "Church and School are always right" mentality which is the antithesis of what it should be.

Posted March 09, 2015
Great teachers, Great Principal. Great place for learning. My kids are in elementary and middle school and have been on the Principals list as well as High honor roll list every year. This is to show how well rounded and well taught these kids are. I love CCA for all of the new changes and all of the enrichment classes they offer. I love how evolved the faculty is with each and every student.

Posted July 17, 2014
My children have attended CCA over the last four years and we have been very satisfied with the school overall. Academically they follow the same curriculum as many of the other local schools. They are making modification to increase the rigor of the program. We are highly satisfied with the character and spiritual development of our children at this school.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 3

Posted May 08, 2014
CCA is a great place for christian children to grow spiritually. My child loves the school. Academics vary from grade to grade based on the teacher's level of skill. The new administration has limited interaction with parents which creates relational concerns. Numerous changes for next school year have been presented and I hope the changes will be for the betterment of the school.

Posted February 06, 2014
I have a child in the pre-K program this year, and I have found the education and environment to be excellent. We were not involved with the school last year, but have heard that there have been many changes for the 2013-14 school year--which I believe have had a positive impact. The school, especially at the younger ages, seems to stress Christian character as well as academics. My child has memorized bible verses, learned numerous bible stories, and is excited about academics as well. The school also has a fair amount of special events and field trips, which I think makes it a very well rounded program. Can't speak for the higher grades (which I believe use a different curriculum...pre-K uses Abeka), but we are very happy with the pre-K program and love the two teachers in the room. Also, very proactive principal and children's pastor who both have a genuine love for children, and a genuine desire to see them grow on the Lord. Most parents seem very involved in the school, as well. I am hopeful that next school year, we will have the same impression of the school!

Posted July 13, 2011
Cornerstone is a great private Christian setting for any age child - whether he or she is 4 yrs to 14 yrs. The staff is so dedicated and really takes the time to cater to students in a one-on-one fashion - it's really helped so many students', even my own student, to be self-assure, ready to move onto high school, and ready for the world. Parents should become extremely involved! There are tons of opportunities for Service Hours - don't pass them up! This school has grown with the help of fabulous parents and staff alike. I see some complaints from people who probably didn't follow rules or pay their bill. This is an institution that is truly serving your child, not a freebie education. Continue to trust that your children are in the right hands - they are!!

Posted February 05, 2011
Great school, they love your students, through difficult times. They respect the parents input about tier student. They have smaller classrooms, average size of 12-18. Tuition is low to average. They offer tours and classroom observations, and they welcome parental help.

Posted January 21, 2011
I like CCA very much. The curriculum used is very good. I like the emphasis on God and the Godly environment. My sons have attended since 2006 and we have not encountered any problems with the teachers or staff. My sons are well behaved and doing very well at CCA. I think that people have to know what type of school they are looking for and find a school that meets their requiremets. CCA meets the requirements that our family needs.

Cornerstone Christian Academy
16010 Annapolis Road, Bowie, MD  20715
Last modified Cornerstone Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Cornerstone Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top