Bowie, MD

Posted July 17, 2014
My children have attended CCA over the last four years and we have been very satisfied with the school overall. Academically they follow the same curriculum as many of the other local schools. They are making modification to increase the rigor of the program. We are highly satisfied with the character and spiritual development of our children at this school.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 3

Posted May 08, 2014
CCA is a great place for christian children to grow spiritually. My child loves the school. Academics vary from grade to grade based on the teacher's level of skill. The new administration has limited interaction with parents which creates relational concerns. Numerous changes for next school year have been presented and I hope the changes will be for the betterment of the school.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 5

Posted February 06, 2014
I have a child in the pre-K program this year, and I have found the education and environment to be excellent. We were not involved with the school last year, but have heard that there have been many changes for the 2013-14 school year--which I believe have had a positive impact. The school, especially at the younger ages, seems to stress Christian character as well as academics. My child has memorized bible verses, learned numerous bible stories, and is excited about academics as well. The school also has a fair amount of special events and field trips, which I think makes it a very well rounded program. Can't speak for the higher grades (which I believe use a different curriculum...pre-K uses Abeka), but we are very happy with the pre-K program and love the two teachers in the room. Also, very proactive principal and children's pastor who both have a genuine love for children, and a genuine desire to see them grow on the Lord. Most parents seem very involved in the school, as well. I am hopeful that next school year, we will have the same impression of the school!

Posted July 13, 2011
Cornerstone is a great private Christian setting for any age child - whether he or she is 4 yrs to 14 yrs. The staff is so dedicated and really takes the time to cater to students in a one-on-one fashion - it's really helped so many students', even my own student, to be self-assure, ready to move onto high school, and ready for the world. Parents should become extremely involved! There are tons of opportunities for Service Hours - don't pass them up! This school has grown with the help of fabulous parents and staff alike. I see some complaints from people who probably didn't follow rules or pay their bill. This is an institution that is truly serving your child, not a freebie education. Continue to trust that your children are in the right hands - they are!!

Posted February 05, 2011
Great school, they love your students, through difficult times. They respect the parents input about tier student. They have smaller classrooms, average size of 12-18. Tuition is low to average. They offer tours and classroom observations, and they welcome parental help.

Posted January 21, 2011
I like CCA very much. The curriculum used is very good. I like the emphasis on God and the Godly environment. My sons have attended since 2006 and we have not encountered any problems with the teachers or staff. My sons are well behaved and doing very well at CCA. I think that people have to know what type of school they are looking for and find a school that meets their requiremets. CCA meets the requirements that our family needs.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 0

Posted April 27, 2010
The staff and faculty at CCA are terrific. The middle-school aged curriculum is better than satisfactory.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 5

Posted October 09, 2008
CCA is an excellent school. CCA provides a Christ-centered education where the word of God is an integral part of the entire curriculum. I have been a part of the staff for 12 years.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 1

Posted July 23, 2008

Cornerstone Christian Academy 0

Posted May 14, 2008
I know people who have taken their kids out because of the curriculum and they try to get them into other private schools and can't because they can't pass the entry test. There have even been students who have left this private institution to be put in public school and they struggle the entire school year because they are so far behind. Remember, this is not free education and we should be getting more for our money. I'm a very involved parent at the school and they have built on their new church. This school year 07-08 has been nothing but constantly asking for money every week! It's ridiculous and after the next school year I will have to find a new spot for my son. I do think the pre-k and K classes are great. Not sure about 1-8 but I'm not staying after 2nd grade to find out.

Cornerstone Christian Academy
16010 Annapolis Road, Bowie, MD  20715
Last modified Cornerstone Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Cornerstone Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top