Mitchellville School 1

Posted December 03, 2010
was very disappointed in this school. My child had attended there for 2009-2010 school year. I felt through their lack of resources made them substandard as compared to the other schools in the surrounding area. I felt their handling of personal issues between child, and parent was very unprofessional. I felt gaffed off when a concern was brought up via email. The school had only 33 kids in attendance, and I knew it was a matter of time when the school closed. If this school reopened, I strongly discourage any parent to consider TMS. The teachers did the best they could with the resources they had.

Posted June 08, 2010
The last comment is totally redundant. The school is excellent and yes, unfortunately, it's not for everyone! Parents need to be honest about the real reasons they leave, ranging from kids not been able to keep up with the academic rigor to financial reasons. Also, some people claim they are don't subscribe to mediocrity, and yet move their children to schools that push mediocrity - go figure. Anyway, if you're looking for a school that will challenge your child academically and produce a well rounded child with unmatched academic and social skills, The mitchellville school is that place!

Mitchellville School 0

Posted May 08, 2010
Think twice before signing on the dotted line. If you will notice most of the reviews posted are either dated or written by parents whose kids are no longer there. Alot has changed over the years. While the vision of the school is excellent, execution is lacking!!! Not the right fit for every child or parent. Make sure you ask the right questions before committing. Do your research!!!! In addition to attending an open house, when everyone is on their best behaviour, take the time to speak with other parents in addition to the staff, if allowed. I only wish I had done more!!!!

Posted January 11, 2010
This is a excellent school that cares about the success of its students. The teachers are caring, and they challenge the students to reach their highest potential. Excellence is a rule not and exception. My children have now graduated and gone on to other schools and I now realize how great this school was to my children. I have yet to experience the same greatness and care that they received while there. This is a great starter school. It really saddens me that the school was not able to grow beyond the elementary level. It is very much so needed in the community, especially Prince George's County and worth the tuition. Keep up the good work and parents continue to be involved. The saying 'the grass is greener on the other side until you get there,' is so true when comparing other schools. Outstanding & Remarkable. We miss You!

Posted March 16, 2009
My daughter attended The Mitchellville School (TMS) for 6 years and has since graduated. She now attends a top private school in Washington (always in the news these days) and is doing very well both academically and socially. She has top scores and is well-regarded by students and teachers. She is confident, independent, and academically strong, as a result of the environment created at TMS. The curriculum, field experiences, dedicated faculty and staff are key. I encourage you to check out the school for yourself. Have the expectation that success will result; commit to longterm involvement and excellence; and do not use aesthetics and 'bells as whistles' as the measure of an academic institution. Rather, use the light of self-assurance and confidence that you see in your child's eyes as the true measure of success. We have a great school in our own backyard!

Posted March 14, 2009
The teachers at the school are very dedicated. The head of school is very energetic and the other students in the school are very nice and caring towards each other. I would definitely recommend the school to students/parents in the Washington, DC area.

Posted March 12, 2009
This is my fourth year at the Mitchellville School and enrolling my 2 children here has been the best decision ever! The teachers are so dedicated and nurturing and so is the head of school. I don't know of any other school that caters to the whole child like TMS does. It is a rigorous curriculum and isn't for every child, but if you are looking for a school that will challenge your child academically and help them develop into future leaders, this is the school for you. The small class sizes allow teachers to have one-on-one interactions with the students and no child gets lost in the crowd. Most importantly, everyone (parents and teachers) is invested in the success of the children and the school. I only wish there were more schools like the Mitchellville School in PG County.

Posted March 12, 2009
My son has excelled beyond my expectations at this school. I never imagined that he would learn the Microsoft Office suite and computer programming as a kindergartener!

Mitchellville School 0

Posted July 23, 2007
TMS was a good school for my son as it was very nurturing and provided great extra curricular activities. My son participated in activities that I don't think he would have participated in at another school. He got a decent education although due to a strange type of curriculum it was difficult to track his academic progress. My only concern was that it often appeared that the school's priority was in making money for the sake of making money rather than making money to increase the quality of education.

Mitchellville School 3