Bad
Good

Excellent school with talented teachers and supportive staff. My children are appropriately challenged here (versus their previous school) and as a result they are excelling. They've also made new friends at this neighborhood school allowing them to have nearby social connections outside of school hours. We couldn't be happier with this blue ribbon school.

Do not let the Blue Ribbon Status of this school fool you. We have decided to move because of the school. Although I do like the new Principal, he has hired some new teachers are not very good.( In fact, they are terrible teachers) Much of the supporting staff has left the school and the school seems to be very disorganized and extremely overcrowded. When you walk into the building, you can feel the tension in the atmosphere. This was a good neighborhod school but now children can not learn in this disruptive, stressful and disorganized school.

I was very skeptical at first with the school having a new principal on board this year after so many years of success with the former principal. However, it appears that Principal Christian is doing a nice job fulfilling the promise of Whitehall of educating students beyond expectations. The rigor continues and overall student achievement continues to soar! I was truly amazed a the number of students who made the principal's honor and 3.0-3.9 honor first quarter. My daughter is learning so much this year and it's due to her amazing teacher and the school leadership team and administration. Go Wildcats!!!!

First year at Whitehall Elementary and I could not be happier. It's an outstanding school with outstanding teachers and staff. My kids love it.

I was always a big fan of privates schools so was really nervous about sending my daughter to a public school. She has gone to private schools for most of her life and the one year she had to spend in public school was a nightmare. I must admit that Whitehall put all of my fears to rest. It is the best school my daughter has EVER attended. (public or private)! The faculty and staff are wonderful and it is reflected in the students. She has always been an honor roll student but I used to worry that she was being "given" good grades (although very smart) because she is likable. I have no doubt here that she EARNS EVERY "A" she receives. She is challenged and learning a lot. Yet still makes honor roll. My daughter was really sick earlier this year and tried to FAKE being well because she didn't want to miss school.

My son attended Kindergarten last year at Whitehall. I was very nervous as Prince George's County Schools do not have the best reputation. I was wowed by the teachers, staff and the school. This school really teaches positive values and respect across the board. My son loved his teacher (Mrs. Wellner) and there were tons of opportunities for parents to be involved and so many are! The only reason I considered staying in this county was based on Whitehall's "great schools rating" and it has lived up to every bit of the "10" it maintains. Looking forward to 1rst grade!

Whitehall is a great school. The only negatives are the band teacher, who is unfriendly and rude on her good days and the librarian, not pleasant. Other then that it is wonderful.

This is our first year to in PG County and in a public school and we are so excited about our daughter's academic and social development and progress. She is a star and we attribute some of that to what she has learned/obtained as a student at WHITEHALL where children are educated beyond expectation. We are very pleased with everyone in the school and look forward to her continued growth and development as a Whitehall Wildcat.

Whitehall just added a drama program. Some of the drama students performed The Boy That Cried Wolf for the Mothers on Muffin for Moms Day (a celebration of Mother's Day) and they did an incredible job. I just love this school and so does my daughter who is in Kindergarten and looking forward to 1st grade. You rock Whitehall Elementary!!!!!!!

Whitehall is an excellent school. Knowledgeable and dedicated teachers, excellent school building, very good learning atmosphere, outstanding communication between teaching staff and parents. The school cares for not only the gifted and talented children, but identifies and special attention for children who have difficulties as well. My son is studying in this school for 3 years and he loves the school.

Last modified Whitehall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.