Bowie, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted November 23, 2014
I was very skeptical at first with the school having a new principal on board this year after so many years of success with the former principal. However, it appears that Principal Christian is doing a nice job fulfilling the promise of Whitehall of educating students beyond expectations. The rigor continues and overall student achievement continues to soar! I was truly amazed a the number of students who made the principal's honor and 3.0-3.9 honor first quarter. My daughter is learning so much this year and it's due to her amazing teacher and the school leadership team and administration. Go Wildcats!!!!

Posted May 14, 2014
First year at Whitehall Elementary and I could not be happier. It's an outstanding school with outstanding teachers and staff. My kids love it.

Posted November 08, 2011
I was always a big fan of privates schools so was really nervous about sending my daughter to a public school. She has gone to private schools for most of her life and the one year she had to spend in public school was a nightmare. I must admit that Whitehall put all of my fears to rest. It is the best school my daughter has EVER attended. (public or private)! The faculty and staff are wonderful and it is reflected in the students. She has always been an honor roll student but I used to worry that she was being "given" good grades (although very smart) because she is likable. I have no doubt here that she EARNS EVERY "A" she receives. She is challenged and learning a lot. Yet still makes honor roll. My daughter was really sick earlier this year and tried to FAKE being well because she didn't want to miss school.

Posted August 14, 2011
My son attended Kindergarten last year at Whitehall. I was very nervous as Prince George's County Schools do not have the best reputation. I was wowed by the teachers, staff and the school. This school really teaches positive values and respect across the board. My son loved his teacher (Mrs. Wellner) and there were tons of opportunities for parents to be involved and so many are! The only reason I considered staying in this county was based on Whitehall's "great schools rating" and it has lived up to every bit of the "10" it maintains. Looking forward to 1rst grade!

Posted June 05, 2011
Whitehall is a great school. The only negatives are the band teacher, who is unfriendly and rude on her good days and the librarian, not pleasant. Other then that it is wonderful.

Posted April 04, 2011
This is our first year to in PG County and in a public school and we are so excited about our daughter's academic and social development and progress. She is a star and we attribute some of that to what she has learned/obtained as a student at WHITEHALL where children are educated beyond expectation. We are very pleased with everyone in the school and look forward to her continued growth and development as a Whitehall Wildcat.

Whitehall Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
Whitehall just added a drama program. Some of the drama students performed The Boy That Cried Wolf for the Mothers on Muffin for Moms Day (a celebration of Mother's Day) and they did an incredible job. I just love this school and so does my daughter who is in Kindergarten and looking forward to 1st grade. You rock Whitehall Elementary!!!!!!!

Posted February 20, 2009
Whitehall is an excellent school. Knowledgeable and dedicated teachers, excellent school building, very good learning atmosphere, outstanding communication between teaching staff and parents. The school cares for not only the gifted and talented children, but identifies and special attention for children who have difficulties as well. My son is studying in this school for 3 years and he loves the school.

Whitehall Elementary School 0

Posted October 29, 2008
We love whitehall elementary. Our daughter is in kindergarten and she loves her teacher. She is very eager to do well and learn all she can which is encouraged by her teacher. They recently went on a field trip where she was able to milk a cow and pet a baby pig. It is obvious this school focuses on great academics as well as positive self-esteem. The teachers, administrative staff and principal are very nice and always helpful. We are very happy to say my child goes to a great school in pg county!

Posted April 13, 2008
My 3rd grader is having a very good year at Whitehall. He transferred in from a private school and has a wonderful teacher and is learning a lot (and has the good grades to show for it!). He is enthusiastic about learning -- he really likes his school. The school does all it can to get parents involved; the front office staff are pleasant; the principal, guidance counselor and teachers respond quickly to requests for help/meetings. I'm glad my child attends Whitehall and am looking forward to another great year when he enters 4th grade.

Whitehall Elementary School
3901 Woodhaven Ln, Bowie, MD  20715
Last modified Whitehall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitehall Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top