Brandywine, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted February 23, 2014
I also have dealt with staff that makes me feel like I am "bothering" them by asking them questions that should have already been answered. The school is disorganized and I have not been giving valuable information, yet when asking for it the staff gets an attitude as if I should already know. The rare times Ive called the people I have needed to talk to were never there, always too busy, and failed to return the call/email/messages. My child has become bored, because he feels the work is too easy. The conversations when he has when coming home in regards to student conduct in class and on the bus are also disturbing. As another reviewer mentioned, the morning drop off is ridiculous. People do not park in the tiny parking lot and they get out of the car to walk the kids into the building holding up traffic with no other exit. The school monitors make no effort to stop them from doing this, yet there is a strict policy on arriving on time :/ I cant wait to transfer my child somewhere else.

Posted March 07, 2013
Like the previous reviewer, I am not pleased at all with Brandywine. The classes are severely overcrowded. Over 35 kids in my child's class. Teachers are so overwhelmed, although they are doing their best under the circumstances.....I guess. I am made to feel as if I am bothering staff with my concerns of my child who is struggling in class and needs help. Even my straight A student is upset because she isn't comfortable asking for help because her teacher is "busy." There are so many other issues. I wish I could transfer my kids out of this school. Not sure if there are better options close to us, so I am on here. I don't believe the Mr C that was mentioned below is there anymore. Maybe that explains the difference in previous reviews to now.

Posted July 27, 2012
The worst school ever!!!! My Daughter never got the attention that she needed because there were 25 students in her class.The Teacher was 65 years old and her assistant was 75 years old.Every parent complained.I was told by the office that if I wanted the best for my Daughter then put her in another school.The bus drivers smoked on the busses and in the School lot and when I asked the office about it they told me that the bus drivers were stressed and needed to smoke.The Parents dropped the kids out on the road when the parking lot is available.I asked the School if that was safe and they said that it was fine.This School is a circus act!!!!!!

Posted July 08, 2010
Brandwine Elementary School is an institution any parent should be proud of. Mr. C. leads by example and the school's staff, teachers and administrators, follow his lead. My kids have moved on to Middle School, but got a remarkable start from Brandywine Elementary. They have continued to maintain Honor Roll Status every grading period.

Posted October 11, 2009
mrs.c is a very good pricnpal the staff is great i just love the way they have these pta meeting night activity my kid just enjoy those and the school did care the challge them but they made sure the kid there had fun the worker treat the kid like it thier own well i had three kid who want to that school and the first daugter she was thier for 3 year she would alway get princal honor roll and know she just started high school. now my other daugter she want thier for 6 year she got high test score and got honor roll alot she would alway tell me how good that place is and now she just started middle school and last have a son good test score each year he get smarter he was thier for 5 year and he is still thier

Posted June 21, 2009

Posted March 22, 2009
Mr. C and the school staff continues to do an outstanding job with the students. Parental participation is encouraged and they work hard at creating events to get the parents involved i.e. the Chat and Chews, the book sale, in addition of course to the PTA. I enjoy volunteering and see first hand the genuine care and concern that the staff have for their students.

Brandywine Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2009
The staff at is school works very hard with the students and the parents. Good things start at home.

Brandywine Elementary School 0

Posted February 13, 2009
Brandywine has scored very high on the Maryland state test (MSA) they received as special award from the state of Maryland for math grades 3-5 with a 85% of the student passing. This is a good school in the county. Remember behavior problems should be correct at home. Don't expected the school to do everything!!!

Brandywine Elementary School 0

Posted January 21, 2009
Like many parents, I was skeptical about sending my child to a public school but really glad I gave them a chance. My son attended a private school for Pre-K (A prestigious Christian School) but I was very disappointed with the work he got it wasn t much of a curriculum. We decided to try Brandywine Elementary and no regrets since. He is now in the 2nd grade, in the TAG program and consistently receives award certificates for his achievements. The teachers there are great really dedicated. They correspond via phone calls, hand notes or email any concerns. To me, the leadership at the school has set a tone for high achievement which I see in my son. Outstanding Job to Mr. C and his staff I look forward to sending my daughter there in the coming year.

Brandywine Elementary School
14101 Brandywine Rd, Brandywine, MD  20613
Last modified Brandywine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brandywine Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top