Brookeville, MD

Greenwood Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2014
This school is good as far as the teachers are concerned but the climate is terrible. The teachers are not supported by the principal. The principal is unsupportable of staff and students. This woman is the worst principal in the history of the school. You can feel the air of unhappiness when you walk through the front door. Greenwood is not a welcoming place, for students, teachers, or staff.

Posted September 17, 2013
Great school teachers. Worst principal ever, she is the kind of person that promise something to 6 years old kid and in the end she''s proud of not doing it and even talks about what she did, and after says don't talk back you are not allowed to talk back. If she is a good principal ... good luck! I would be ashamed . Next time get someone of your own age to talk too.

Posted September 17, 2013
I agree worst principal ever! For her only some are good the others are not considered! Rated less than zero.

Posted July 21, 2013
Very unhappy due to the administration. The principal comes across as a bully. She is unwilling to see other peoples point of view. The teachers are great considering they have a such a horrible principal.

Greenwood Elementary School 5

Posted June 23, 2011
I have had children in Greenwood for several years now and couldn't be more pleased with the teachers, environment and administration. This school has helped my children excel and thrive. My children earn high marks and are working well above grade level with much thanks to their good teachers and a fantastic PTA and community of volunteers. Greenwood ES is truly a top notch school. Without hesitation, I would recommend this school and its cluster to anyone looking for a great school and community.

Greenwood Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2011
My daughter is Currently in 2nd grade here and we are very happy with the school. Even when we were having some issues with a teacher the principal was very responsive. The have a great readin n accelerated math program! My daughter is overall very happy here. I do feel that PE could more games, but overall we are very satisfied with the school and we will be sending our youngest there for kindergarten next year.

Greenwood Elementary School 5

Posted June 26, 2009
My child finished kindergarten and we are amazed at what she has learned. There is a warm, safe and scholastically challenging environment fostered at this school and the kids are responding. This is a top notch school and a big part of an excellent school system.

Greenwood Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2009
My child is struggling to learn. When she began Kindergarten I was impressed with most of the team who came together to get her what she needed. However, all the great elements of that team are gone and I no longer feel as though we are partners. The principal has been a non-player. Her teacher is non-communicative. No, I do not think this is a good school.

Greenwood Elementary School 4

Posted February 13, 2008
Teachers seem dedicated and interested in the children. There is not a whole lot of differentiated instruction, but the kids are learning. There is no follow-through from the principal.

Greenwood Elementary School 0

Posted January 22, 2008
Our first-grade son loves school. The environment is welcoming for the kids and parents. I'm always impressed at the amount of parent involvement and volunteering at Greenwood.

Greenwood Elementary School
3336 Gold Mine Rd, Brookeville, MD  20833
Last modified Greenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top