5-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school has really gone downhill in the last four years, and as the previous reviewer chillingly said, "This starts with the headmistress, and permeates all aspects of school life."

Develops character: Strongly agree

This starts with the headmistress, and permeates all aspects of school life

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework builds effectively off classwork, and is not overly voluminous

Our oldest daughter is a recent SPSFG graduate and we have two other daughters at the school. If you ask our girls their opinion of the school, they will say they don't just like SPSFG - they LOVE IT! This is after attending other elementary and middle schools in the area. There is both academic rigor and an encouraging environment to meet each girl's individual needs at SPSFG. College counseling is also a strong suit of SPSFG. Our recent graduate was both academically prepared for college, and guided through the process by experienced counselors. The headmistress that arrived several years ago is a standard of energetic, compassionate leadership, and a wonderful role model for our girls

I love SPSG! Its community was warm and welcoming when I first arrived. They also offer a wide array of activities for people with many interests, such as Costa Rica excange trips for middle schoolers and Theater classes, which I love! This school allows me to express my opinions and become the best person I can be. I cannot fully express how much this school has changed me as a person, and givn me a larger understanding of the world. Also, the staff member who was causing issues has left the school for good, which will allow the school to become an even better place. I love this school! In respose to the 1/24/16 review, I am a 7th grade student at SPSG and am not any administrator. If you had ever been at my old school, you would apreciate SPSG much more for what it is.I love this school, and although they have had some issues, what school doesn't?

Who writes these PR reviews? Likely some of the same admin who are called out in post after post here. Why? Because if you put enough lipstick on the pig, well, just maybe, it will look like prettier lipstick. But seriously. There are several admin here who have no idea of what they are doing. Hiring “rockstars?” I’d rather hire some qualified, dedicated faculty and staff who know their stuff and are encouraged to stick around for a while…and who don’t vanish the following year under the guise of “moving on to a new position.” There is no morale to be had by faculty, only compliance, and those who don’t comply are gone. I don’t entirely fault our head of school for this. She inherited this mess, and previous inconsistant leadership at the top has long been a problem. However, she has done little to address these issues and reign in her supposed subordinates.

Who writes these generic, PR generated five star reviews? It's fine for a school to promote itself but these are a little over the top. Until someone posts that SPSG has removed its bullying and highly ineffective head of school, take the rave reviews with a grain of salt..

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We hire the best. We hire the best because that is what our girls deserve. We hire experienced and personable teachers that will teach our girls the material, but include hands-on learning, focus on STEAM initiatives, raise the bar and facilitate conversation around all subjects. We hire teachers who focus on the interdisciplinary work with other departments and who will incorporate technology into their classrooms. We hire rockstars and could not be more proud of the faculty we have her for our students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

In our mission, we talk about integrity and honesty - it is at the forefront of everything we do. In every decision we made, we ask ourselves - what is best for OUR girls and our community? Honesty is definitely a term I would use to describe SPSG.

St. Paul's School for Girls (SPSG) is beyond incredible. As a staff member at SPSG, there is not a better place to work. The community is warm and engaging, everyone is always willing to pitch in and help and we are all here for the girls. I love all the opportunities we, as a faculty and staff, can get involved with our girls and graduate stunning, college-ready, women who are ready to take on the world. I feel like the luckiest person to have such a fabulous opportunity to be employed at SPSG.

Last modified St. Paul's School for Girls is a Private school that serves grades 5-12