Burtonsville, MD

Burtonsville Elementary School 2

Posted March 30, 2011
We moved out of PG County to get the Montgomery County School experience. Two years later, it has been very clear that Burtonsville is not nearly far enough away from the county line...it is only slightly better than actually being back in a PG County schools. So, even though it means I am about to start driving over an hour to get to work each day, we are moving back to Harford County to make sure our kids have quality schools to attend.

Burtonsville Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Burtonsville Elementary School has the best principle in the world! She loves each and every one of the students that attend her school, and wants the best for every last one of them. She is so involved, and works so hard for these children; she knows who every child is by face and name. She is a remarkable woman! And wants the best for all of her students, as well as her school!

Posted September 16, 2009

Posted September 08, 2009
when we moved into the Washington DC area I picked this neighborhood because of this school for three reasons staff, leadership and results. All are very good. Mrs Goff the K1 is teh Michael Jordan of kindergarden and Mrs Renfrew is to reading what the Wayne Gretsky was to hockey.BES gets results that defy logic. It is the only school I know that has a rising diversity rate but maintains increasing test scores. How do they manage to teach so many ESOL student to read above the average? Of all the things I think we can indicate as the reason BES excels truly much of it has to be leadership. Ms Smith is both inspiring and disciplined. BES is the bes

Posted September 06, 2009

Posted July 19, 2009

Burtonsville Elementary School 2

Posted April 07, 2009

Posted June 11, 2008
Before my first child began attending this school, I was obsessed with its scores, which were not bad, but not the best. Now -- three years later with THREE children there -- I don't even check. This school is AWESOME. The PTA is active, it has a marvelously diverse population, the teachers are committed and caring and the principal is one of the most loving, straight-talking, committed women that I know. I used to shrug off assertions that test scores don't tell the whole story, now I've experienced that adage and know it to be true.

Burtonsville Elementary School 4

Posted January 03, 2008

Posted October 25, 2007

Burtonsville Elementary School
15516 Old Columbia Pk, Burtonsville, MD  20866
Last modified Burtonsville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burtonsville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top