PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We LOVE the teachers at KCA. When you walk into their classrooms, you can just feel the warmth. They want the best for their students -- and they expect the kids to work up to some pretty high standards.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The workload can be heavy sometimes, but the teachers are very understanding and know that the kids are busy. My kids are normally able able to knock out their studies in around two hours. Some nights are heavier, some are lighter. The kids also get a morning break several days each week where they can work one-on-one with teachers or finish an assignment. The teachers also make themselves available after school for questions. It's been really helpful for my daughter to have those additional resources!

KCA is amazing. We've tried public schools and private in other states. This is hands-down, the best experience we've ever had for our kids. Both of my kids participate in sports, so that was an important feature to us. KCA's sports program is really growing. Last year, the girls varsity basketball team were state champs. This year, the volleyball team became league and tournament champs. What a great experience for my older daughter to be a part of! Academically, both of my kids are challenged. We love the fact that my daughter's high school classes are also college-level courses. In fact, she's actually getting college credit for three of them! What an awesome way to prepare for your kid for the future by giving them a head start. We can't say enough good things about this school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

There are several children at KCA who do require extra attention. KCA does everything possible to supply students with what they need to succeed. Two teachers dedicate their much of time to working in a resource capacity. They are both phenomenal!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The best thing at KCA is the teachers. You can tell they truly love what they do -- and care about their students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is given beginning in kindergarten, but it is very age and ability appropriate.

Wow, what a difference from public school! For the first time in years, my kids are coming home telling me what they learned. (Such a nice difference than hearing about disruptive classrooms, bullies, etc.) They kids at KCA respect their teachers -- and they receive respect in return. You can tell that the teachers love their jobs and truly care about their students. I love the curriculum. It IS challenging and the kids are expected to work hard. But, with all of the extra activities, KCA encourages the "work hard, play hard" attitude. Recently, they held a carnival and it was incredible. So far beyond what I expected! But that's what KCA is all about -- going beyond what we expect and giving us something more. We are LOVING being a part of this school!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Being a Christian school, honesty and integrity are at the heart of what they do. Students are encouraged to treat each other with respect -- and the teachers do well with classroom management.

We cannot say enough good things about KCA! My children transferred from a private school in Texas when we moved to the area last year. We moved in the middle of the school year, which meant changing schools, friends, etc. KCA welcomed us with open arms. Both of my children love their teachers and have made friends easily. I was concerned about how they would fit in, but with all of the sports activities and events that are held throughout the year, there were a lot of opportunities to make new friends. Academically, both my middle schooler and elementary aged child are challenged. My younger child reads above grade level and was immediately given additional material that kept him busy --- and learning! My middle school student struggles with math, and we were worried about the fast paced of the academics at KCA. I shouldn't have worried -- her teachers sat down with her regularly and worked over the trickier concepts at her pace. It was awesome to watch her gain confidence in a subject matter that's always been tricky. Truly, this place has been such a blessing for us. Not only are our kids happy, but we are AMAZED at how much they are learning!

My daughter started KCA last year for 9th grade and my youngest will start next year. The teachers here are exceptional not only academically but spiritually. The administrative staff is responsive and caring. While the focus is on academics there are several Sports and other electives to choose from college classes are now being offered as well.

Last modified The Kings Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12