Sandy Hill Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2011
Great teachers but community involvement is lacking. Space seems adequate yet dated--not a very "cheery" and exciting learning environment.

Sandy Hill Elementary School 2

Posted August 27, 2010
My daughter is in her 3rd day at Sandy Hill and everyday she comes home and tells me that somebody called her a name or some child beat up this child, I am not surprised with this , this is the kind of people who live around here, I can tell you I already miss catholic schools, my daughter had nothing but upmost respect from everyone in catholic and christian schools

Sandy Hill Elementary School 5

Posted February 03, 2010

Sandy Hill Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2007
I have a 2nd grader at Sandy Hill Elementary. It is a great school. My child has attended there since pre-k. She has learn so much and has had excellent teachers. All her teachers had her best interest in mind. The principal is all always concerned about the staff and children. I'm glad she is attending this school.

Sandy Hill Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2005
My child is a first grade student at Sandy Hill Elementary. She is doing very well so far this year. I am pleased with this school and the first grade staff. My daughter has an increased desire to learn because of this new faculty's ideas.

Posted February 03, 2005
The State of Maryland 'dumbing down' curriculum combined with the socioeconomic challenges in Dorchester County are prominently displayed in the school system - a recipe for disaster. 'Character Counts' - where? While issues may have been corrected, they are temporary. Children who are doing well are bored, the curriculum is not altered for the best interest of the student. Our children and our society deserve better.

Posted December 04, 2004

Posted August 27, 2004
My son is finally out of Sandy Hill, and I feel much better about his education now. Last year, the children weren't permitted to go out to play at all because there were too many fights! During his years at Sandy Hill, he had one honestly caring, excellent teacher. That's not enough. I am so glad Sandy Hill is part of our past.

Sandy Hill Elementary School 4

Posted June 14, 2004
I have a 2nd grader and a 4th grader who have both been at Sandy Hill since Pre-K. It is a wonderful school, with supportive caring staff members who have helped my children excel and maintain their love of learning. Each morning as my youngest walks through the halls, she is greeted by name by teachers and administrators; because of these people she loves school! As a college level educator, I have high expectations when it comes to the education of my own children, and the staff at Sandy Hill has NOT disappointed me. I am equally impressed with the amount of parent involvement, the PTO planned activities, and the overall community feeling at Sandy Hill. As parents, we must lay the foundations for learning and excellence; no school can do a parent's job!

Sandy Hill Elementary School 5

Posted May 21, 2004
We have been very pleased with the teachers and opportunities provided at SHES. Our son began his education in private schools and did well. We thought transitioning to public would be difficult but have found staff to be supportive and well skilled. Our son is bright but challenged by a learning disability. Never has he been made to feel inadequate or different from his peers. The teachers and principal have teamed with us to implement diagnostic tests and have stayed on top of his individual learning plan. The school is well maintained and provides a safe environment for its students. I would recommend this school without reservation.

Sandy Hill Elementary School
1503 Glasgow Rd, Cambridge, MD  21613
Last modified Sandy Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandy Hill Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top