No rating

New Chapel Christian Academy

Private | PK-6 | 299 students

Living in Camp Springs

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $111,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Sweep tile

Posted March 19, 2014

I am a parent of a Second grade student attending NCCA. This school does a poor job at teaching. The Abekka curriculum is great when taught appropriately. But teachers must also think outside the box. The work my son brings home from this school is stuff he learned in 1st grade. (Not at this school) So, it is obvious that the teacher is clearly not challenging him. There is always some kind of behavioral issue going on in his class too. Whether it is someone picking with my son or other kids eating lead or glue and fighting. It appears that these students have too much time on their hands in the classroom when they should be learning. I really don't think the teacher is actually teaching them anything. I work with my son at home to keep him ahead, but I expect him to be challenged at school as well. So he will not be returning! Also, for the amount of money that people are paying to send their children to this school, the building should be updated. At least the stall door in the bathroom should have a lock on it! Parents please do your research on other schools in the county if you are looking for a private school! This school is overrated on this sight, if you ask me!

Posted March 19, 2014

My child attends New Chapel Christian Academy. I agree this school does an extremely poor job at teaching our children. I truly believe that most of the teachers are lacking their teaching credentials or need 20th century professional/teaching development. This school does not have a library, a joke of a computer lab and an ineffective website that should be updated for imperative information as it relate to school closures, upcoming events and the latest school calendar. EVERYTHING IS antiquated, their teaching techniques and even the report cards, nothing is in the 20th century! Also, this school is in an extreme need for renovations, the roof leaks when it rains and the bathroom stalls don t lock. The ABEKA curriculum needs to be expanded; there are other Christian curriculums that encourage more hands on activities and critical thinking and less cursive writing, which is obsolete in the public school system. The new Principal is the WORST, no professionalism AT ALL! I would recommend a parent to do their research FIRST to ensure that you are getting everything you are paying for and ask the tough questions before you commit to NCCA, you may find better in public schools.

Posted March 6, 2014

I am a current parent of a child at New Chapel. I would say the school does a good job with teaching my young child. My child's learning has advanced since enrolling. However, the faculty is very mature (older 50s-60s). Even some of the younger grade teachers and their thinking is outdated when it comes to children. In my opinion, they overuse repetitive/lengthy timeouts for PK2-PK3 kids who exhibit more energy and are more active. All of the younger classrooms are fully decorated with lots of toys but the kids are NOT allowed to touch any of the toys. They play over and over again with the same toys EVERY DAY. Some of the older teachers need to retire as they have no patience with younger kids and their energy levels. The building is outdated and in need of renovations. It is 35+ years old. I would say that there must be better schools in the county. And I would encourage anyone considering a christian private school for his/her child to check out all candidates. And, don't just visit the school, also talk to the parents in the parking lot or out at events. I've found doing this is invaluable. I am looking for another school. But my child seems to enjoy the class/classmates.

Posted October 19, 2013

I would have to agree with all of the post submitted. New Chapel is a great school at the beginner levels, ages 2-6. Beyond that I would recommend another school Clinton Christian or public schools. I must admit, the class sizes are smaller in the higher grades but academically they are not in the 20th century. They continue to follow the Abecka curriculum, which is good, but they follow every single detail of the curriculum without thinking outside the box. I would prefer teaching by "thinking" not by "memorization". Especially, in areas of science, history, and language. They seem to teach without asking the students "why" or "what". Lastly, they seem to teach on a "one size fits all" strategy, not all kids learn the same and not all kids are on the same level academically. You would think by the class sizes the teachers could be more creative and provide additionally support if students need it.

Posted September 16, 2009

I am a parent at New Chapel Christian Academy and I love it there. I have two children there and they are doing really well. True NCCA does not have a library, but that's not important. The prices are very reasonable. I agree that some of the students need to be in special education classes, but that's up the parent. Foreign language is good, but not necessary at the elementary level. The teachers are very caring. Overall, NCCA is an excellent school.

Posted September 9, 2009

New Chapel Christian Academy is a good for beginner students; for ages 2-5. However, the older students should enroll in a school with more to offer such as, music, special education, math, science, computer lab, foreign language, etc. There is no library. The school staff members are wonderful , warm and caring. I would recommend this school but there are more I came to realize that is being offer in public school.

Posted September 3, 2009

I would say overer NCCA is a good school. Sure there is room for improvement , but what school doesnt need improvement. My main concern when my childern go to school is their safety and well being, next I wanted to see if my childern were learning, and yes they are learning. Parents remember no one thing nor person is perfect. The office staff is very help and understanding, lately at time I may cant pay tution on the date they request, and they ask me so when are you able to pay, just let us know. To reply to acomment about their child learned something that you would learn in public school, yes that is so true cause it happen to my little girl, but its not the school it was the students bring topics and comments to school that they learn outside of the school. I reccomend NCCA 100%

Posted June 8, 2009

I would have to agree 110% with the comment that was posted: 'This school is very disorganized, staff and administration are very inexperienced. The school is not conducive for learning and growing academically. The school is supposed to be Christian; however the staff is not very Christ-like. As a parent I was very displeased, and would not recommend this school to my worst enemy.' But I would have to add that it is not conducive for growing spiritually either. The things that my child learned (and reproduced) while attending this school, could have been learned in a public school. If it were not for us, I don t think he would have gotten any spiritual support. NCCA needs an overhaul and prayer.

Posted June 8, 2009

Posted April 30, 2009

This school is very disorganized, staff and administration are very inexperienced. The school is not conducive for learning and growing academically. The school is suppose to be Christian, however the staff are not very Christ-like. As a parent I was very displeased, and would not recommend this school to my worst enemy.

Posted November 17, 2008

New Chapel is an excellent school and I would recommend it to everyone and anyone. It provides a safe, christian and loving environment for children. I'm so very sorry that I had to put my son in public school because we could not afford tuition and childcare at the same time. I find myself trying to figure out how to fill the void that New Chapel filled with religion, extra curricular activities. They also have excellent male role models which I especially miss. I thank God for the New Chapel ministry and the wonderful impression the staff has left in my son's heart.

Posted October 3, 2008

I must say that this is not even on the list of schools I would recommend. The school doesn't even have a library. They have no extracurricular activities and the language is not always Christian like. They are extremely unorganized and you will find at least half the staff out at the same time. Administration holds grudges and acts in a very heathenistic way. Test scores have been ruined by flooding and they are not in this century as far as automation is concerned. The school is too cheap to offer staff development and they lack testin to ensure that they are enrolling students that they can handle both academically and behavior wise. I have no idea who or what is being glorified at NEW CHApel and you should really look at this school before enrolling your son or daughter. The principal knows nothing about child development.

Posted August 7, 2008

When our two-year old started this Summer, we couldn't have imagined it to go so well! The staff from Door to Door have welcomed us as Family. It's not every day that a child really wants to stay at school, and our daughter does! We have seen her grow Spritually and Emotionally over the few months in this great environment. We can't wait to see how the school year goes! What a comfort it is leaving our child in a prayed up, loving AND educational place. We are so grateful for NCCA!

Posted July 30, 2008

NCCA is a very good school. My son started there in K-3 this past school year and he loved it. His K-3 teachers were great and very caring. I was also impressed by my son's growth and all that he has learned while at NCCA.

Posted May 29, 2008

I also agree that NCCA is an excellent school. Their focus is on the students and not trying to glorify themselves! I love that about them. They are so friendly and the tuition is very affordable. My didn't begin attending NCCA until his kinderdarten year and I thought he was going to be behind as well because his pre-school did not push him as much. He was ahead of his pre-school classmates, but the teachers there did not push him to go further. At NCCA, they push him to his fullest and more. I love NCCA!! The teachers, faculty, security team, administration ... everyone has been so helpful and friendly and they are like another family to me! I am happy with how my son is learning. Much KUDOS to the K-5 instructors and the assistants for the 2007 - 2008 school year!!! I thank God for NCCA! Mrs. B

Posted April 24, 2008

My husband and I made the rough decision to switch my daughter during the middle of the school year b/c we were so unhappy with her current pre-school. Upon entering New Chapel, she was behind and I informed her teacher I though that would be a problem. Her teacher informed us that she would help get her up to speed and that indeed she did. My daughter was caught up and excelling thanks to her teacher one-on-one devotions to helping my daughter excel. I am very pleased with my daughter education, she is learning bible vs. and is excited to attend school. We are so please my son will soon be one and he will be attending in the coming year. I am just very please with the teachers and staff at New Chapel Christian Academy.

Posted November 9, 2007

NCCA is an excellent school. My daughter has been a student there since K3. She is now in the 4th grade. There is nothing I can say negative about the school, principle or staff. The curriculum is excellent and the teachers are doing a wonderful job in teaching the students. NCCA is family oriented; they care about the parents and students concern when issue is at hand. I thank God for NCCA and all it has provided for our daughter in her education.

Posted October 15, 2007

I am extremly satisfied with New Chapel. I removed my daughter from a center very close to New Chapel because I was not satisfied with the school or the teachers. My child is 3yrs old and they still had her in a 2 yr. old classroom. She was bored and uninterested. At New Chapel she is excited to go to school and looks forward to seeing her teacher. Her language and advancement in a matter of weeks has tremendously improved and I am so greatful. I informed her teacher that I thought she was behind and she told me not to worry she would handle it. I just want to say ahe is indeed handling it. My daughter is learning so much and enjoying it. She is even learning spanish and saying what she learned at home. Thank You New Chapel. We have found a definite home for the remainder of her elementary years.

Posted September 19, 2007

New Chapel Christian Academy is a wonderful school. I must say this school was heaven sent to me. My husband and I had visited so many Christian Schools in this area, and none of them can compare. I feel our money is well spent. My son is currently in K-4, and I can see his growth academially in just these few weeks into the school year. He looks forward to going to school each day, and that means the world to me. That lets me know they are taking interest in the children they teach. I would recommend the school to anyone looking for the best for their child. We just wish we would have known about this school alot sooner.

Posted August 21, 2007

I think the academic program at NCCA is exceptional. I have my two daughters there and they both are doing excellent in all thier academic studies. I will recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a caring invirorment for theire children to be. I am not say NCCA don't have it share of challeges but what educational faculity doesn't. I will keep my children for I as long as I can.

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5601 Old Branch Avenue