Posted March 19, 2014
I am a parent of a Second grade student attending NCCA. This school does a poor job at teaching. The Abekka curriculum is great when taught appropriately. But teachers must also think outside the box. The work my son brings home from this school is stuff he learned in 1st grade. (Not at this school) So, it is obvious that the teacher is clearly not challenging him. There is always some kind of behavioral issue going on in his class too. Whether it is someone picking with my son or other kids eating lead or glue and fighting. It appears that these students have too much time on their hands in the classroom when they should be learning. I really don't think the teacher is actually teaching them anything. I work with my son at home to keep him ahead, but I expect him to be challenged at school as well. So he will not be returning! Also, for the amount of money that people are paying to send their children to this school, the building should be updated. At least the stall door in the bathroom should have a lock on it! Parents please do your research on other schools in the county if you are looking for a private school! This school is overrated on this sight, if you ask me!

Posted March 19, 2014
My child attends New Chapel Christian Academy. I agree this school does an extremely poor job at teaching our children. I truly believe that most of the teachers are lacking their teaching credentials or need 20th century professional/teaching development. This school does not have a library, a joke of a computer lab and an ineffective website that should be updated for imperative information as it relate to school closures, upcoming events and the latest school calendar. EVERYTHING IS antiquated, their teaching techniques and even the report cards, nothing is in the 20th century! Also, this school is in an extreme need for renovations, the roof leaks when it rains and the bathroom stalls don t lock. The ABEKA curriculum needs to be expanded; there are other Christian curriculums that encourage more hands on activities and critical thinking and less cursive writing, which is obsolete in the public school system. The new Principal is the WORST, no professionalism AT ALL! I would recommend a parent to do their research FIRST to ensure that you are getting everything you are paying for and ask the tough questions before you commit to NCCA, you may find better in public schools.

New Chapel Christian Academy 3

Posted March 06, 2014
I am a current parent of a child at New Chapel. I would say the school does a good job with teaching my young child. My child's learning has advanced since enrolling. However, the faculty is very mature (older 50s-60s). Even some of the younger grade teachers and their thinking is outdated when it comes to children. In my opinion, they overuse repetitive/lengthy timeouts for PK2-PK3 kids who exhibit more energy and are more active. All of the younger classrooms are fully decorated with lots of toys but the kids are NOT allowed to touch any of the toys. They play over and over again with the same toys EVERY DAY. Some of the older teachers need to retire as they have no patience with younger kids and their energy levels. The building is outdated and in need of renovations. It is 35+ years old. I would say that there must be better schools in the county. And I would encourage anyone considering a christian private school for his/her child to check out all candidates. And, don't just visit the school, also talk to the parents in the parking lot or out at events. I've found doing this is invaluable. I am looking for another school. But my child seems to enjoy the class/classmates.

Posted October 19, 2013
I would have to agree with all of the post submitted. New Chapel is a great school at the beginner levels, ages 2-6. Beyond that I would recommend another school Clinton Christian or public schools. I must admit, the class sizes are smaller in the higher grades but academically they are not in the 20th century. They continue to follow the Abecka curriculum, which is good, but they follow every single detail of the curriculum without thinking outside the box. I would prefer teaching by "thinking" not by "memorization". Especially, in areas of science, history, and language. They seem to teach without asking the students "why" or "what". Lastly, they seem to teach on a "one size fits all" strategy, not all kids learn the same and not all kids are on the same level academically. You would think by the class sizes the teachers could be more creative and provide additionally support if students need it.

Posted October 23, 2009

New Chapel Christian Academy 5

Posted September 16, 2009
I am a parent at New Chapel Christian Academy and I love it there. I have two children there and they are doing really well. True NCCA does not have a library, but that's not important. The prices are very reasonable. I agree that some of the students need to be in special education classes, but that's up the parent. Foreign language is good, but not necessary at the elementary level. The teachers are very caring. Overall, NCCA is an excellent school.

New Chapel Christian Academy 4

Posted September 11, 2009

Posted September 09, 2009
New Chapel Christian Academy is a good for beginner students; for ages 2-5. However, the older students should enroll in a school with more to offer such as, music, special education, math, science, computer lab, foreign language, etc. There is no library. The school staff members are wonderful , warm and caring. I would recommend this school but there are more I came to realize that is being offer in public school.

New Chapel Christian Academy 0

Posted September 03, 2009
I would say overer NCCA is a good school. Sure there is room for improvement , but what school doesnt need improvement. My main concern when my childern go to school is their safety and well being, next I wanted to see if my childern were learning, and yes they are learning. Parents remember no one thing nor person is perfect. The office staff is very help and understanding, lately at time I may cant pay tution on the date they request, and they ask me so when are you able to pay, just let us know. To reply to acomment about their child learned something that you would learn in public school, yes that is so true cause it happen to my little girl, but its not the school it was the students bring topics and comments to school that they learn outside of the school. I reccomend NCCA 100%

Posted June 08, 2009
I would have to agree 110% with the comment that was posted: 'This school is very disorganized, staff and administration are very inexperienced. The school is not conducive for learning and growing academically. The school is supposed to be Christian; however the staff is not very Christ-like. As a parent I was very displeased, and would not recommend this school to my worst enemy.' But I would have to add that it is not conducive for growing spiritually either. The things that my child learned (and reproduced) while attending this school, could have been learned in a public school. If it were not for us, I don t think he would have gotten any spiritual support. NCCA needs an overhaul and prayer.

New Chapel Christian Academy
5601 Old Branch Avenue, Camp Springs, MD  20748
Last modified New Chapel Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
New Chapel Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top