Bad
Good

Capitol heights is a great school. The staff is very professional, courteous. The academics that are provided to the children are the best. The teachers are very dedicated and responsive to the children's needs.

Capitol heights is a great school. The staff is very professional, courteous, and helpful. From the janitors to the principal. When ever I had an issue with anything. It was addressed in a professional and timely manner. The academics that are provided to the children are the best. I encourage all parents to use school max. This helps you know what the children and teachers are working on. If any assignments are missing And/or not graded. You can catch it in a timely manner. Great job!!!

RUDE! I just called up to this school looking to enroll my daughter who is going to Kindergarten, and the receptionist or admin assistant was very rude. I inquired on when enrollment begins and she told me boundaries are changing so they won't know anything until July and to wait until then. I am an educator so I am aware enrollment has to start before then. I should at least be able to fill out an application in advance of July! She refused to give me anymore information, until I pressed her and said that doesn't seem right, she then told me enrollment begins in May. In a very rude way. After I told her my concerns, instead of connecting me with someone who wants to help, she hung up on me. WOW! I am completely turned off. I am happy the school has improved, but customer service is very important in my book. Especially when I, as a parent, am trying to get information. This is a bad bad sign. My advice would be to hire staff who are personable, friendly, and helpful. Still blown by this.

The school is a TAG program and this is why my child attends. The school needs a major building makeover. Some of the teachers don't seem to communication well with the parents until their is an issue. As a parent you want to know when your child is doing well and not so wel. l So we can immediately address the issue and correct the problem. The principal seems to be on board with academics and most of the teachers. My child likes the atmosphere at CHES. Keep up the good work!

Last modified Capitol Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.