Capitol Heights, MD

Capitol Heights Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2014
Capitol heights is a great school. The staff is very professional, courteous. The academics that are provided to the children are the best. The teachers are very dedicated and responsive to the children's needs.

Capitol Heights Elementary School 5

Posted August 18, 2013
Capitol heights is a great school. The staff is very professional, courteous, and helpful. From the janitors to the principal. When ever I had an issue with anything. It was addressed in a professional and timely manner. The academics that are provided to the children are the best. I encourage all parents to use school max. This helps you know what the children and teachers are working on. If any assignments are missing And/or not graded. You can catch it in a timely manner. Great job!!!

Capitol Heights Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2013
RUDE! I just called up to this school looking to enroll my daughter who is going to Kindergarten, and the receptionist or admin assistant was very rude. I inquired on when enrollment begins and she told me boundaries are changing so they won't know anything until July and to wait until then. I am an educator so I am aware enrollment has to start before then. I should at least be able to fill out an application in advance of July! She refused to give me anymore information, until I pressed her and said that doesn't seem right, she then told me enrollment begins in May. In a very rude way. After I told her my concerns, instead of connecting me with someone who wants to help, she hung up on me. WOW! I am completely turned off. I am happy the school has improved, but customer service is very important in my book. Especially when I, as a parent, am trying to get information. This is a bad bad sign. My advice would be to hire staff who are personable, friendly, and helpful. Still blown by this.

Capitol Heights Elementary School 3

Posted January 17, 2013
The school is a TAG program and this is why my child attends. The school needs a major building makeover. Some of the teachers don't seem to communication well with the parents until their is an issue. As a parent you want to know when your child is doing well and not so wel. l So we can immediately address the issue and correct the problem. The principal seems to be on board with academics and most of the teachers. My child likes the atmosphere at CHES. Keep up the good work!

Capitol Heights Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2004
Only speaking about the Talented and Gifted program. While I have no complaints about the level or work being provided, I do have complaints about the staff. I find that the staff tends to be more evasive than helpful. That's not all staff, but just some of the staff. It would assist parents more if, when information is requested, that staff reply promptly. It would also help the children to grow if they would talk to them and not at them. These are our future men and women, yelling is not the answer. Communication with parents and students alike, could help solve many conflicts. These are some of the problems myself and other parents have encountered. Schools in PG County have really changed and is a total let down. Our kids really need help. Parents get involved for the sake of your child. Parent (former student of PG County) Casandra Hall

Capitol Heights Elementary School 4

Posted October 10, 2003
This a TAG (talented and gifted) magnet school and the comments here relate solely to that portion. I know little about the separate comprehensive classes. It's a happy school, conscientious staff, and pleasant environment.

Capitol Heights Elementary School
601 Suffolk Ave, Capitol Heights, MD  20743
Last modified Capitol Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Capitol Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top