Capitol Heights, MD

Posted February 16, 2014
Failing school with no PTA.....enough said. Attempted to join PTA prior to my child beginning kindergarden but was told by the front office that the PTA did not exist at the moment and they could not provide me with the date of the next meeting.

Posted August 12, 2012
If you wish to play rush and roolet with your childs education Carmody Hills would be a great fit for you. The staff is nice however this school academics are terrible. Theres not enough time spent per classroom teaching, theres way to much homework given per night due to not having enough class room time. Theres way to many party have fun time for the students. My reasons for saying is due to the scores per each grade level testing. Each grade level each year fail to make their mark for testing basically to pass the requirements per Maryland testing requirements. This school pass students based on personality not hard work. For 2011 reading fifth grade barely made the mark per one percent come on now thats horrible. Ive watched this school for a few years now and each year the test scores are failing scores. This school is not a school of excellence the children have many behavior issues thats pass along to others kids. Its over all ghetto color fake hair for the girls which is to grown. Cursing young men fighting trying to make out with lil girls. I was told this happens at the school from attending students and I have seen for myself. I dont like this school at all

Carmody Hills Elementary School

Posted November 10, 2009
Carmody Hils elementary school is a good school .My daughter is really diong good .she is a a,b student and she is in the 2nd grade.

Posted June 25, 2008
This used to be a great school, unfortunately the principal passed and it seems to have gone downhill since then. The new principal does not seem to care about the students as much as the old principal did. It is also come to my attention that a lot of the veteran teachers are leaving. What does that say about the current administration? Student behavior is getting worse and there are a lot of new teachers or teachers that don't have good discipline. I hope that things will turn out better than I think. I am very concerned!

Carmody Hills Elementary School 5

Posted August 26, 2004
Wonderful school and caring staff. My children attitude towards learning has excelled and their teachers show concern for their education, saftey and well being. Overall Carmody Hills is terrific!

Carmody Hills Elementary School
401 Jadeleaf Ave, Capitol Heights, MD  20743
Last modified Carmody Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carmody Hills Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top