Capitol Heights, MD

Central High School 5

Posted December 05, 2013
This is a great school with great faculty. Gets a bad rap like everything in Prince George's County. I have many acquaintances who graduated from this school. They have wonderful professional careers now.

Posted August 10, 2011
I have just graduate from Central although I am not going to college Central has given me the tools I need to go out in the real world. My GPA was a 3.625 and without the help of the staff that would not have been possible. GO CLASS OF 2011!!

Posted November 15, 2008

Posted September 27, 2008
As a former student in the International Baccalaureate program, I would say that Central definitely does not provide adequate preparation to attend a top-tier university such as the local University of Maryland. There are some outstanding faculty members at Central that have a great impact on students' lives, but there are not enough of them. However, this school is great at building character. My experiences at Central have shaped who I am today and I will never forget them.

Central High School 1

Posted November 27, 2007

Central High School 5

Posted September 29, 2006
- a former student
I am a recent graduate of Central High School and my time there is something that I will never forget. I loved Central. It gave me the tools I needed to move on to college. I just want to thank all of my teachers and administrators for everything.

Posted March 27, 2006
I myself is a student in central senior high school and as a first year junior I was so terrified, but as I learned to coupe with the situation I learned that it's not the teachers although we have a GOOD staff of teachers and administrators, central is a little school and by stuffing all those students in that little space, who could work in an enviroment such as that? what student will be able to learn in a class room when they cant even get some form of one on one attention with the teacher.

Posted May 04, 2005
Central High School has begun to make improvements this year. Largely in part to the appointment of new principal Fletcher James. My daughter is currently a junior at Central and has had 3 different principals each year. Mr. James is making strides to ensure that proper actions are taken upon those students who are disruptive to the learning process. There are also less students roaming the halls. During previous years this has been a big problem. It is my hope that Mr. James will remain as principal for years to come to instill some type of stability with the leadership of the school. Also, parents at Central need to take more active roles in their children's education and support their extracurricular activities. We need to step up to the plate. It's easy to pass the blame onto the administration, but we as parents also have to be accountable as well.

Posted January 03, 2005
Central High School needs serious improvement. Chidren are setting fires, robbing one another, involving themselves in group fights and threatening each others lives. I just think that more security or caring security should be gven to the school to help control these numerous problems. Also teachers should be evaluated on their teaching skills by an administrator every two weeks or something close to it. If the teachers don't care, neither will the students. I would have to say that this year, Prinipal Fletcher James is determined to change the school. I want to congratulate him and thank him for not giving up!

Central High School 1

Posted August 12, 2004

Central High School
200 Cabin Branch Rd, Capitol Heights, MD  20743
Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top