William W. Hall Academy 2

Posted February 20, 2014
I believe that the biggest issue with William Hall is the lack of communication. It's like pulling teeth. You ask the teachers to let you know specific things and they act as if they are too afraid to tell you anything. When a parent, in a county where the school systems says the parents are never involved, actually wants to be involved, why are there no clear avenues to make this happen? I can't help my daughter keep up in class if I have no idea what is going on in class. Grades are never posted in an adequate amount of time. Homework is not consistent. There are never any notes written in the agenda book from the teachers. I honestly believe the teachers are capable, but they must be overwhelmed to the point where the children suffer. If I ask a teacher to let me know issues prior to the report cards so that I can help her catch up, then let me know the issues. This may be public school, but as a tax payer, i am paying for this education.

Posted January 15, 2014
The teaching staff, (the Middle School teachers) my children have only gone to Middle School. The teachers are very competent and communicate quickly. I trust the teachers and always get positive reports from my children on what they have learned and what went on during the day. It is a SHAME that so many parents are NOT involved with their children's education. I could count on my hand how many parents showed up for PTA & Parent Teacher Conferences. Everyone is quick to point the dirty end of the stick towards the teachers. These teachers deserve an award for patience, persistence and durability. I like the new principal, I find him very personable and seems to be genuinely concerned and shows heart. He has a huge task at hand and without parental support, he is doomed. Come on parents, support your children and their future!!! This school can be a 5 star school, it just needs a couple things to fall in place. I know I will continue to be at the school on the regular.

Posted December 14, 2013
This school would be great if parents started holding their kids accountable for their actions. The teachers try their hardest to promote great learner techniques, but with the constant distractions it's hard for those who want to learn. I feel for the teachers who are caucasians because it's a struggle for them to be taken seriously and they are REALLY great at their job. Parents remember it's not a teachers job to teach your child respect, it's starts at home. Also, what is disturbing is that the kids are on a set bathroom schedule. Why? Because kids would meet up and fight! Ridiculous!

William W. Hall Academy 2

Posted May 21, 2012
I believe this school was on the right track but the lack of strong leadership has caused this school to decline. The administration needs to be replaced with strong leaders who really care about the students. A lot of the good teachers were run off by the administration and the remaining teachers are barely holding on despite the lack of cooperation from the administration. Change the principal with an experience and proven leader and I believe the school could be as great as it once was. If I had the option today I would not allow my children to return to this school unless the princpal was gone and the teachers were being held accountable for their class.

Posted February 21, 2012
This school has no leadership, no structure and has a high turnover in administration. The school has numerous fights and is unsafe. I am a parent who visits the school quite often and I see first hand the daily chaos at this school. The MSA scores are horrible and there getting worse every year. The Principal tells you what she thinks you want to hear but trust me, she does what she wants to do. I would never recommend this school to anyone who wants there children educated and safe. My child attended for a couple of years but once Mr. Roseman left, the school fell apart.

Posted December 15, 2011
My children have been going to this school since we first moved to the Capitol Heights area. What can I say bad about this school...NOTHING. The teachers here have wonderful, they keep me informed of my childrens actions as well as their process in class. The teachers really want to see the children exceed to higer heights. If you want your children to a school where the teachers care then look no further. The teachers here care a lot more than I have seen anywhere else.

Posted November 26, 2011
This school is pourly structured. No leadership rle models and high turnover rate in teachers.

William W. Hall Academy 0

Posted April 23, 2010
William Hall is Great. I really like their technology program. There is a lot of things for students to do. They really know how to keep students engaged while learning. My son loves the computer and has learned how to use a variety of programs.

Posted June 18, 2009
William Hall is an exceptional school. My daughter and son attended William Hall when the school first open and they loved most of all there teachers and enjoyed going to school everyday. My daughter made A s and B s every year and graduated from William Hall last year with all A s. My son was struggling a little bit but the teachers there have worked with him throughout his years and now he is making A s and B s. The Principle Ms. Washington is a very caring and wonderful person. She really works hard making William Hall an exceptional school. I truly hope she receives a principle award for her devotion and tremendous dedication she has for William Hall. The front office staff is wonderful and very helpful. Ms. Brock has been extremely wonderful. The teachers are very knowledgeable, respectful, and dedicated. All of my kids teachers has been excellent. Mr. Cornelius, Ms. Stamper, Ms. Quow, Ms. Johnson, Ms. Chester and Ms. Richardson, thank you for providing my kids with the education that they had received from you. They have really learned so much from all of you. If you want your child or children to receive the education from a school that provides them with skills in learning, growing and great success for the future, I highly recommend William H. Hall Elementary School.

Posted April 16, 2009
William Hall is an excellent school for children to learn and thrive. I have 3 daughters in the school, and they all are above grade average and they actually love going to school. They were there when the school opened, and besides minor issues, every experience with Hall ES has been great. I just wanted to give individual praises to Ms. Streeter, Ms. Allen-Stringfield, and Ms. Walker. They are absolutely amazing. My children will be going to a new school next school year, and the support of those teachers will truly be missed. The Oliver Family

William W. Hall Academy
5200 Marlboro Pk, Capitol Heights, MD  20743
Last modified William W. Hall Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William W. Hall Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.