PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

It is not tolerated and addressed immediately!

Supports LD students: Agree

My two sons have ADHD and they have been wonderful with working with them. They are a small school so I think this strongly depends on the type of learning disability your child has.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The teachers and the principal are always available to speak to and discuss any concerns.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school encourages and rewards good values and behavior. Each month they have a value such as respect, kindness, honesty, that is emphasized and children are rewarded during the month for examples of that value with a ceremony at the end of each month giving kudos to the children that showed this the most!

Love this school! 3 kids in the school with my oldest graduating this year! My middle son and youngest both have ADHD and the school and teachers have been amazing and wonderful in working with them! The thing I love the most is the sense of community and the way St. Mark involves the parents. It is truly a school that encourages parent/teacher communication and working together to help your child be their best. I have read some of the negative reviews and find them completely inaccurate but hey, not everyone will be a fan. You are never going to have 100% of the people happy but never have I experienced arrogance, disrespect or a non-caring attitude for anyone at that school. The staff is there because they LOVE what they do. They could easily be paid more in the public school system but choose St. Mark because they LOVE teaching. My daughter and son have both scored very high on standardized testing and my daughter did amazing on her high school entrance exams so quality of education has definitely not been an issue!

Sent our son to St Mark and chose not to return after a very regretful experience. The teacher was arrogant telling the parents that she had two master degrees and 20 years experience therefore the parents could not tell her anything she didn't already know. She did not have time for the gifted or struggling children and taught her lessons, persumably plans that are recycled year after year, without consideration to the students needs. When I asked the administration if I could sit in on a class to observe so understood my child's experience, I was denied. Children are disciplined, often for minor infactions, by standing on the curb while they watch their friends play at recess. Lunch is eaten in silence. This is not a joyful place for the nuturing and growth of children.

I have been really thrilled with the faculty at St. Mark. They are not only truly dedicated to each student and their academic progress, but are also very involved in extracurricular activities, fundraisers, movie nights, and tons of other community building events. We very happy to be part of such a great community.

Teachers are wonderful and take care of all of the students needs. I feel that they are very prepared with a rigorous program. Super sense of community between the faculty, staff, and HASA association.

My daughter is just in kindergarten, so we've only seen this first semester, but I've been thrilled with the school and the community already. They've quickly accepted me, my wife, and my daughter into the community and the other parents clearly care very deeply for the school and its success. The kindergarten teacher my daughter has is so full of life and energy, and is often having a "special" day to help break any monotony that might set in for my daughter, for whom this is her first year in full-time school. As a Redskins fan, I could do without the Ravens pride here--this school practically bleeds purple--but it seems the kids enjoy the enthusiasm for the Ravens especially now during the playoffs. Most importantly, my daughter enjoys school, which to me is the most important thing at this stage in her academic career. It would be horrible for her to start off at a place that turned her off to school. Just this morning, while asking my 5-year-old daughter for her prayers of thanksgiving in the car, she said that she wanted to thank God for her school--out of the blue! I was so excited that I had to come and write this review because I knew I'd made the right choice.

Great school! Faculty and Teachers truly care about the whole life and education of the children. Many experienced and engaging teachers keep children interested, focused, and make learning fun. Great math, science, and reading/english/literature teachers and programs. The Catholic nature of the school helps our children feel safe at school, keeps learning wholesome and friendly, and helps filter-out some of the cultural craziness that cannot be filtered-out at public schools, while still keeping the curriculum up-to-date with modern science and current events. Tons of parental, family, and parishioner involvement make this parish school feel like one big family. Many of the teachers were once students at St. Mark, have children that are either alumni or current students, and a few have soon to be students, making the teachers highly invested in the educational quality and overall enviroment of the school. An involved home-school association keeps parents a say in the schools daily events. The online resources, such as "power school" help parents track their students daily progress and classroom performance. Siblings discounts make it affordable for large families.

Last modified St Mark School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8