Posted January 10, 2014
I would never allow my children to attend a school that did not have committed teachers, a warm environment, and high academic expectations. This school exemplifies these traits. I have watched my son s teachers bend over backward to ensure he reaches his full potential. I am, furthermore, forever impressed with the student s kind and considerate interactions with one another. Oddly many area residents do not seem to realize what a fantastic gem Catonsville Elementary school is. They instead clamor to be in the super overcrowded neighboring Hillcrest Elementary School. This greatly puzzles me. Perhaps they do not like that there is more social economic diversity within this school then its neighbor Hillcrest. This diversity may also account for its high albeit lower then Hillcrest test scores. I am certain that my son receives the same opportunities for success that any of the highest rated schools on this site could afford him. Thank you Catonsville Elementary staff for all you do!

Posted March 26, 2013
I have two kids attending this school nd we've been involved parents there for a few years now. This is a wonderful school. The teachers have all been very nice and helpful. The other parents we've met at the school have been great and with so many people living so close to the school, there's a real sense of community. The PTA is very active, offering different activities for the students multiple times a month. The school can be very accomodating of any special needs kids have. Do not be thrown off by the GreatSchools Rating - this is a terrific place for kids!

Catonsville Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2013
As a school Administrator I am dismayed to learn a child was denied access to a school nurse by two teachers on 3/4/2013. The child got off the school bus and was too ill to walk home and had to be carried by her father. This child is still ill and would not have gotten so ill if a call home by the nurse had resulted in the child being picked up early.

Catonsville Elementary School 4

Posted July 07, 2011
My youngest just graduated from Catonsville and I must say that I am going to miss being a part of the CES family. Between all of our children we spent about 8 years at the school and had an opportunity to witness the many changes it has endured. CES has traditionally been a VERY tightly knitted community (meaning the relationships between families, staff, and administration) and I have noticed a decrease in that area over the years. However, overall, this school is top notch and I would pit it against ANY of the private schools in the area. I hope that CES chooses to continue with its fine tradition of providing an excellent, pleasant, and safe educational environment for the children, parents, teachers and staff. The choice to continue in excellence must be an INTENTIONAL one for all involved. We thank you for the wonderful experience that you gave our children and we wish you well! You are one of the jewels of Baltimore County.

Posted July 06, 2011
I am a current teacher at this school and I couldn't think of a better place to work. The teachers are 100% committed to the education of each student. While some teachers feel that stronger support is needed from administration, I personally feel that the administration team works very hard to meet the needs of all staff members, families, students, and community stakeholders. The school has a very involved PTA and offers a variety of activities throughout the year for fundraising, fun, and educational support. Come join us ... you'll love it here!

Catonsville Elementary School 3

Posted May 30, 2011
In our 3 years at this school, I've noticed a decrease in extra involvement from the teachers. Not that they are expected to spend their personal time on CES, but it used to be that they came to everything. I wonder if the inner workings of the school (too much emphasis on MSA and test scores from administration) are starting to take a toll on the teacher's personal resources. Are they too fed up with how their school day goes that they don't want anything to do with the school after hours? There doesn't seem to be much collaboration between the school/teachers and PTA--activities are EITHER the school or PTA...whatever happened to the whole school community? I think that comes from the top down...

Posted January 04, 2010
We are so impressed with this school. Our children came from private school before we moved to this area. Catonsville Elementary teachers and staff are so dedicated to the students. One of our children has some learning disabilities and the care and attention our child has received has our daughter thriving in school. Parental involvement is high and teachers and administration are very communicative and helpful. Kudos to this small school for making a safe and nurturing environment for our children.

Catonsville Elementary School 1

Posted October 03, 2008

Catonsville Elementary School 0

Posted June 13, 2008
My daughters just completed the 5th grade at CES and I have to say that we are really going to miss it. The staff is nurturing and kind and is truly committed to making sure that the needs of each student is met. Kudos to all of the teachers that made our 2 years at CES very memorable.

Posted August 23, 2007
I have been so impressed with the teachers that my daughter has had. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure that the children are not only learning a lot but having fun too! My son can't wait to start kindergarten next year because he sees how much fun school can be! They enjoy math and literature night and all the fun extra activities.

Catonsville Elementary School
615 Frederick Rd, Catonsville, MD  21228
Last modified Catonsville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Catonsville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.