Bad
Good

It is so great to see that the Clarksburg Cheetahs has increased its rating to an 8! That's awesome. I feel like that school has been rejuvenated. I'm so glad that Mr. Bencal is leading the charge. The staff is great and very supportive. Go team Cheetahs!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My daughter has special needs and receives services. As a result of these services my daughter continues to thrive. I'm so thankful to MCPS!

My son just transferred to this from a Howard County school and they were welcoming and communicated well with us in order for our relocation experience to be smooth. So far, my son loves his new teacher.

My children like this school very much. They are challenged by the new curriculum. The positive reinforcement with "cheetah paw" rewards keeps all the kids trying to do their best. The teachers are all good to great.

The greatschool rating of this school dropped from 9 to 6 in three years, indicating the students did not perform well in the state tests. However, as a parent I did not hear anything (e.g., explanation, improvement plan) from the leadership. Consequently I doubt whether the principle really cares. Ms. Lee, do you have plan to do something AT ALL?

In this school everyone is friendly the teachers make learning fun! This school also is very small so it's better and easier for students to make friends and learn.

School is Great 1Great PTA. Teachers are very good communicating with parents. school staff is always supportive & helpful. we have great experience for our child.

We have enjoyed our experience with Clarksburg Elementary over the last 6 years. For the most part, my children have had wonderful teachers who challenged and supported them. The overall school community has a warm, respectful, supportive environment. From my experience, there is minimal sniping and griping that can go on at other schools. The downside is a lack of focus on technology. Teachers do not have the tools or knowledge that I have seen in other schools in the county.

Clarksburg has many wonderful attributes. The teachers give a great deal of individual attention to each student and communicate well with the parents. There are many extracurricular activities ranging from foreign languages, to science to drama that really help put back in what budget and time constraints have taken out of the classroom. Since Little Bennett Elementary School opened up in the Fall of 2006, there is no longer an issue of over-crowding and the school and classes feel far more intimate. The one dull spot at Clarksburg is the Principal who does not communicate well with parents and roundly avoids problems.

Last modified Clarksburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.