Clarksville, MD
Before care: Yes

St. Louis School 1

Posted September 29, 2014
Unfortunately, I cannot express the same views as those given Saint Louis School a score of 4 or 5 out of 5. Do not waste your time and money with this school, your kid will be better at the local Public Schools. The Schools does not have resources to empower kids to succeed in overall. The School carries and portraits to have an arrogant attitude towards life and most but not all the teachers are perceived bitter and unhappy. As a result, children cannot find themselves with a positive attitude in learning. A word of advise, if you are planning to come to Saint Louis School, make sure your children are bright and be ready to contribute a lot of money to avoid any type of labeling from the Administration (it all start from the top).

Posted March 25, 2014
After attending public, Montessori and private schools in Howard County, St. Louis has been the best, most rewarding, experience for our son (and us) since transferring into 3rd grade. The high teacher-student ratio, rigorous academics, foreign language instruction, nurturing teachers and staff, as well as the sports and dynamic after-school clubs have converted our son into child that WANTS to go to school every single morning. Can't imagine a stronger recommendation for a school. While we experienced the more expensive private schools in the past, the quality of St. Louis' academics, staff, campus and community is every bit as high, if not higher, than the high-priced competition.

Posted February 24, 2014
For over six years now, our daughters have thrived at St. Louis School it s wonderful! Academics are thorough, challenging & I believe, above-grade in most cases. Every day the girls share something fun they ve learned, like a cool science experiment or a silly song to learn math facts. When she needed assistance with reading/comprehension, I appreciated the extra resources provided to my daughter. SLS does a beautiful job incorporating Catholic teachings/values into daily school life, from weekly Mass to religion classes to charity/service activities. I like that respect & acceptance of others is stressed/displayed. The administration & staff are professional, kind & generous with their time. All genuinely care about the students well-being. Our daughters enjoy being in Chorus, Band, CyberSTEM & Basketball just some of the extra-curricular activities offered. Parent involvement through volunteering is welcomed & highly encouraged. We have a great school community & opportunities to share in that through fundraisers & family events. Overall, we have peace-of-mind that our daughters are thriving in a safe, positive environment. We are happy & proud they attend SLS!

Posted February 13, 2014
My grandchildren have attended St. Louis since 2004. One has graduated and three are still attending We are very happy at St. Louis. It not only has an outstanding academic program but the children learn respect and kindness to others. All the staff contribute to the overall well being of the children. It is truly a village.

St. Louis School 3

Posted November 10, 2013
i graduated st Louis last year and i am now a freshman in high-school. st Louis doesn't give students the chance to be able to express themselves. the curriculum even though it was challenging it was pretty good. there are very few teachers i can say that i really liked at st.louis. my teacher in science kinda of forced us into memorizing everything now that i am in high school i realize how terrible that was this year when we did chemistry i remembered doing that stuff at the end of the year last year and getting a 96 on my finale exam but i couldn't remember anything because i never really understood it i had just memorized the 10 pg study guide she gave us. i struggled alot in math and i felt my math teacher never made a real effort to try to help me she even it was her first year teaching algebra so she was inexperienced but she was very nice... i just personally did not like her teaching. The sister at the school is very nice and caring she runs after care and the people who work in after care are also great. but i HATED the administration they were all so fake and unreal many students did not like the administration.

Posted March 23, 2013
I am relieved my son is responsible hands, academically & socially. What wonderful people. The guidance dept is regularly involved in assuring the maturation of the children with respect for each other. It is zero tolerance for bullying. It is focused on enrichment & growth, both spiritual & academic. It appears to have little turnover of faculty staff b/c they collaborate well (1 retired, 1 left for promotion). Any uniformity is part of the learning that we are 1 community & hopefully this keeps any cliques from forming. The class size is fine, 2 adults per class plus any other adult volunteers, as represented. They look after my son as their own; no issue goes unaddressed, whether they raise it or I do. Before & aftercare programs are great. The clubs are too. My one wish is that clubs met on different days so you could join science and chess club. It is a great place if you are a working parent & a great place if you are stay at home with time to volunteer. Even though our county has great schools, SLS was a great improvement b/c they took note of his individual needs the first week he was there, unlike the public school where they spent the whole year ignoring it. Thanks SLS!

St. Louis School 1

Posted November 25, 2012
Alleged blue ribbon school in 2010,it seems that many that may have made it that way left. Student to teacher ratio for my child was 30:1 not 14:1 as advertised. There is no room for individuality at this school and what they want is conformists. If you want individual pursuit of intellectual endeavors for your child you will be severely disappointed. Save your money and do NOT send your child here.

Posted January 20, 2012
St. Louis School in Clarksville is everything you could ask for in a school and very deserving of its Blue Ribbon School of Excellence status. . It should serve as a model for all schools in the area!T he faculty and administration are warm and nurturing and create a positive learning environment for the students. Students are challenged to excel academically in an environment that provides an outstanding amounts of excellence, love, care and support. You will not find a better place for your child. I am blessed with the fact that two generations of my family have attended this wonderful place.

St. Louis School 0

Posted January 27, 2010
We just transferred my son here from his local public elementary school. I am very impressed with the discipline at this school and the higher level curriculum. My son is being challenged academically and encouraged to be independent. He is also feeling safer in an environment where expectations are clear and discipline is handled immediately. His teacher is organized, has good control of her classroom and is also a very kind, loving individual. The staff have been very welcoming and caring here. Kudos to Mrs. Weiss and Mrs. Ewachiw for running such a well organized caring school. Kudos to Mrs Coyle, a veteran classroom teacher who really cares for her children. We are very happy here.

Posted April 06, 2008
We transferred this year to St. Louis. The teachers and staff are excellent, they show a real love for teaching and speak so nicely to the kids. The education they are receiving is excellent. I have found it to be a more well rounded education than our public school experience. This is the first year with my daughter that I am not having to fight for her education, because the teachers want my children to succeed. The order you see in the classrooms and when you walk down the halls is amazing. I feel this is because of their ability to embrace our faith throughout their day and children understand what is expected of them. As a bonus the aftercare program is excellent. It is run by Sister Lois and staffed by several teachers. They have time to run and play, and do homework. The band program is great as well.

St. Louis School