Clarksville, MD

Pointers Run Elementary School 3

Posted November 27, 2014
This is an average school when it comes to teachers effectiveness. Teachers need more training on helping each student meet their needs and not teaching in the middle. Teaching in the middle is an outdated approach.

Posted June 10, 2013
We were redistricted this year and could not be more pleased! The staff and administration are fantastic and really care about their kids! We love all of the extra activities such as Walking Wednesdays, end of year picnic, family reading night, pizza bingo to mention a few. This is a super school!

Posted May 25, 2013
This school is great! We were redistricted here this year and have been VERY pleased with the Administration (both Mrs. Fila and Mrs. Nimich are great!!) and all of the teachers seem to truly care about the students. My child has been getting extra help in Reading and is doing well. We have been very happy with all the after school activity options offered. (PE Fun, Drama, Cooking Classes, Family Reading Night, Walking Wednesdays etc.) And all the fun programs, specials and activities they add throughout the school year is so enriching to the children's learning. I will say that Howard County, in general, is known for their excellent schools. This being said, there is a high academic emphasis that goes along with that. I would definitely recommend PRES to someone looking for a GREAT Howard County Elementary School!

Posted May 01, 2012
What a wonderful school!!!! This is our first year at Pointer's Run and we love it!!! The involvement by Parents/Teachers is amazing. Our son came from a private school and loves going to PRES. I would recommend this school to anyone considering moving to the Columbia/Clarksville area.

Posted April 18, 2011
I have been very pleased with Pointers Run ES. They provide an excellent education and have created a wonderful learning enviroment for young children. My experience with the administration has been positive. I think the principal creates this positive atmosphere that enables the rest of the staff to excell at providing a top noch education.

Pointers Run Elementary School 4

Posted July 22, 2010
Seems good but we are concerned that my daughter is making straight A's ... every grade .. all of them .. every one .. AAAAAAA but ... she was below average on reading skills according to state tests (3rd grade). I feel mislead.

Posted January 29, 2009
My son is in the 4th grade and I think the teachers are excellent. There is a very positive atmosphere upon walking through the doors and teachers always say 'hello'. I do agree that the principal is reclusive.I can't remember the last time I saw her but she must be doing something right...the students are submerged in a rich,learning atmosphere.I loved his 1st grade teacher and his current teachers are very caring and hard working. We're lucky to live so close to this school and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Posted June 12, 2008
This to me is one of the best schools I have been to in a very long time. The students love to go to school.

Posted June 30, 2007
This was our 1st yr. at PRES. It is a large, well laid out school with plenty of staff. The teachers are nicely in-tuned to the children's needs and abilities. The parent involvement is very high. The PTA does a wonderful job all year long. The downside falls on the administration. They need to learn the student's names. They should be at the door greeting the children as they walk in the door. The principal doesn't know most of the staff or the students. She is not personable or even friendly. She isn't mean. She just isn't much of anything. It is a shame. I do recommend this school because most of the teachers are quite good and they have plenty of assistants to help make sure everything gets done in a timely manner.

6600 Trotter Rd, Clarksville, MD  21029
Last modified Pointers Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pointers Run Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top