Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I haven't experienced this. The children have been well behaved every time I've come to the school. My son likes his class and his friends.

Supports LD students: Agree

Although my son is not special needs, this school has a program for these students, and it seems like they do a great job of including these students and not making them stand out of separate them.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

It is clear to me that the principal has establish high expectations of the students. My son always mentions her name and other staff's names at home. He speaks positively about them. This let's me know the school staff truly care! To me that is a reflection of the school leadership.

Develops character: Agree

I have not had any negative experiences at this school. My son's teacher is like his 2nd mom, she looks out for him just like I would. She does more than she has to for him.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I communicate with my child's teacher regularly. We chat via text and email, which is better for me because of my job.

Amount of homework: Agree

Thehomework my son is given is work he can complete with support, but it's not too hard or easy. The teacher incorporates online assignments as well.

Everyone has been so helpful and happy. The school is inviting and clean. My son is truly being challenged.

This school is ranked 150\150 in PGCPS elementary schools. The hard to work with principal has only made it worse. The turn over of staff has increased. This school should be closed.

This building is old. They didn't have a computer lab. It's been some changes and chaos and confusion and lack of discipline rules the day. The staff has had a higher turn over rate due to management changes. It seems staff count up their sick days. All substitutes know that they can usually find a job at The Grove. Its a non-title 1 school, so resources and/ or extracurricular activities were scarce when I was there. There were issues with bullying and fighting that were never properly addressed had at least 2 parents not re-enroll their kids because of it. The staff morale was definitely low and worn down. Changes in staff not just from year to year but also during the school year would occur. It just seemed change just for change sake. If you can try to get your kid into James Ryder Randolph or some other school! A former staff member and parent of a kid in PGCPS. Furthermore, with all the staff changes and new technology when is this school supposed to turn around? Its still dead last in the county. I'm no longer teaching nor in this building just sharing my experiences.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Despite the high special education population and the discipline issued in the school the teachers are doing their best to teach all of the children.

Last modified Clinton Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.