Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My daughter has attended this school for 2 years and she has had a wonderful experience. We started in the ECC center and she is now in the mainstream side. The building itself is in need of repairs but I think that is probably something that can be said for most of the public schools in the county, that is a problem with budget allocation and the state government so I can't fault the school for that. The teachers that my daughter has have all had masters degrees and we well knowledgeable in their field. They care a great deal for my child and she is learning a tremendous amount. That being said, I am also an involved parent. I attend every meeting, observe the class on my days off, and help out anytime there is an opportunity. The admin staff is not the most professional that I've seen but I have not had any problems with them. They answer the phone and respond to emails.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My child started out in the early childhood center and easily transitioned to the mainstream side. All of her teachers worked together to ensure that she had a smooth transition.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child is in kindergarten and her homework, though simple, requires our participation. It is also not given every night but goes along with the learning plan.

I will leave a short and blunt review. The school is very unorganized and staff is very rude to the parents and to the students. The school has definitely gotten worse, especially with the interior of the building down to the horrible state test scores. Do not send your child to this school. It may traumatize them if and when they decide to do light corporal punishment. I regret living in this area and having to have my child attend this school because of the zone and my husband and I should not feel obligated to pay extra money for a private school. Btw, the percentage of kids doing well on state test scores is now 21%, which is very poor! There is no real guidance in this school. The principal left a couple years ago and the kids eagerness to learn left with her.

This is my son's second year. He has had great teachers who are involved and show interest in his learning. They are not very organized on the Admin side and need to get it together but overall not a bad school.

This was my daughter first time attending school and it has not been the best experience. I registered her in November and wasn't notified that she could attend until I recieved calls of absence. Also, I didn't receive a supply list or the bus route information. The "registrar" put the wrong address into the system which lead the bus to my home instead of the daycare. This continued for weeks. I called the bus lot myself to redirect them. Finally, things seem to be on track until my daughter came home with usual behavior. She is the sweetest child, but begin to boss her brother around like an adult. This is the last time she will attend this school. This on the Ecc side. On the other hand, my son attends for one day a week and his teacher is great so far. I do not believe that everyone will have the same experience, but I think parents she definitely be cautious and check on their children in school from time to time.

James Ryder Randall is a great school! I attended it since i was in 1st grade. I graduated from it in the 6th. So i can honestly tell you that they have great teachers and staff. They will do their best to make sure your child gets the valuable education he/she needs.Also for additional points, they have fun and go on ,any field trips so the kids may never get bored. The trips are usually connected to their current curriculum. But anyways, overall James Ryder Randall was the best elementry school I have ever attended!

Beware Parents 12/14/12 James Randall Ryder lost my 6 years old son for over two hour they did not know where he was. I had to call 911 and a police officer finally found him in the schools restroom two hours after school dismisal. The principle never contacted me to follow up on his wellbeing, explain what happened or apologize. The staff showed litle to no effort in finding my son. Majority of this school staff in general seems to have no passion for what they do and arejust there to collect a check. Some of the teachers there are event arrogant enough to refer to students as challenges. It is a unproffessional school.

The county has enabled me to be apart of a great atmosphere that is about the education of children. Henceforth, I am so please at the great work that we are doing and conitnue to do daily.

Oh how I love this school. The principals and teachers are so loving and caring. If you want for anything they are right there to help and support you.

Last modified James Ryder Randall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.