Clinton, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted April 11, 2014
This was my daughter first time attending school and it has not been the best experience. I registered her in November and wasn't notified that she could attend until I recieved calls of absence. Also, I didn't receive a supply list or the bus route information. The "registrar" put the wrong address into the system which lead the bus to my home instead of the daycare. This continued for weeks. I called the bus lot myself to redirect them. Finally, things seem to be on track until my daughter came home with usual behavior. She is the sweetest child, but begin to boss her brother around like an adult. This is the last time she will attend this school. This on the Ecc side. On the other hand, my son attends for one day a week and his teacher is great so far. I do not believe that everyone will have the same experience, but I think parents she definitely be cautious and check on their children in school from time to time.

Posted June 08, 2013
James Ryder Randall is a great school! I attended it since i was in 1st grade. I graduated from it in the 6th. So i can honestly tell you that they have great teachers and staff. They will do their best to make sure your child gets the valuable education he/she needs.Also for additional points, they have fun and go on ,any field trips so the kids may never get bored. The trips are usually connected to their current curriculum. But anyways, overall James Ryder Randall was the best elementry school I have ever attended!

Posted January 07, 2013
Beware Parents 12/14/12 James Randall Ryder lost my 6 years old son for over two hour they did not know where he was. I had to call 911 and a police officer finally found him in the schools restroom two hours after school dismisal. The principle never contacted me to follow up on his wellbeing, explain what happened or apologize. The staff showed litle to no effort in finding my son. Majority of this school staff in general seems to have no passion for what they do and arejust there to collect a check. Some of the teachers there are event arrogant enough to refer to students as challenges. It is a unproffessional school.

Posted October 27, 2008
The county has enabled me to be apart of a great atmosphere that is about the education of children. Henceforth, I am so please at the great work that we are doing and conitnue to do daily.

Posted October 24, 2008
Oh how I love this school. The principals and teachers are so loving and caring. If you want for anything they are right there to help and support you.

James Ryder Randall Elementary School 0

Posted July 21, 2007
I have two children (2nd & 6th grade) @ JRR. We have now been there for two years and I find the school to be excellent. The principal and teachers are very strong educators. My children (2nd, 6th, & 10th) have been in other schools in the county and this is the absolute best.

James Ryder Randall Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2006
We were very disappointed with JRR. While the teachers my daughter had were extraordinary, they were often handicapped by the school's administrative team as well as district guidelines. My daughter experienced a processing disorder that made school an extra challenge for her. While the school was willing to retain her for an additional year in her present grade level, they were not willing to give her an IEP to address her needs more specifically. They failed to meet federal mandates when it came to testing for learning disabilities and were even more reluctant to help us seek the private testing we were allowed to ask for by law. To make things more complicated, my daughter was the target of several racial remarks, which while handled well by the classroom staff, were largely ignored by the administration. All in all, we made the choice to home school.

Posted June 29, 2006
This new leadership is not caring, nuturing and loving as the old staff was. It is a great loss to the community and school system as a whole that there is new administration. Good luck getting the quality education the rest of our children got there 2, 3 or more years ago.

James Ryder Randall Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2006

James Ryder Randall Elementary School 0

Posted June 14, 2005
We were skeptical of the schools here in PGC since we heard nothing but negative things before we moved here in 03. We have been very happy with the quality of education our children have received at James Ryder Randall. Not only are the grade level teachers top-notch, but the music, instrumental instruction, and PE teachers, and the rest of the staff are excellent as well. The boundary changes for the 05/06 school year means our kids will have to say goodbye to JRR and we're saddened by that. James Ryder Randall gets an A+ all around!

James Ryder Randall Elementary School
5410 Kirby Rd, Clinton, MD  20735
Last modified James Ryder Randall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Ryder Randall Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top