Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 11, 2015
My old son graduated from this school 5 years ago and now is in a top ten US University. He likes Cockeysville Middle School very much and has a great experience there. Now my second son is in this school. The teachers are so nice and professional. We love it.

Posted July 20, 2015
The lockers may look ugly and the schools a bit small but the actual system is great. They have amazing music and arts programs and a wide variety of clubs and activities. Most teachers are great and do very well in educating. I kinda wish they would get to know their students more individually though. The only other complaint I have is the discipline. They nitpick at small things and don't really do as much about larger things like constant disruptions or ditching class. Overall this is a great school and I have many great memories here, even if I've only taken a year so far. Great diversity of students and (mostly) great people.

Posted August 04, 2010
After sending my child to Cockesville, I am greatly pleased. THe teachers really seem to care about the students, the building is free of grafiti and litter, and they offer many different extraciricular activites. Their academic programs do indeed challenge my child in a healthy manner. Plus, the student body is diverse, although the teachers aren't.

Posted September 16, 2009
Well organized. They really do care about the children

Posted March 03, 2009
I am very happy with my child's experience at CMS. She is in GT classes and I feel that the curriculum is challenging and diverse. Although the school is very diverse in student population I agree that the faculty do not reflect this at all. Overall a really great public school with adequate facilities and kind and caring teachers and staff.

Cockeysville Middle School 3

Posted June 10, 2008
I love cms. I think the construction drives me crazy and a few teacher don't see ho much more advanced the students are then the classes. The school is highly diverse. Overall great scholl.

Cockeysville Middle School 4

Posted November 04, 2007
CMS has fantastic after school activities and they really know how to discipline the children. I think though that sometimes they pay a lot of attention to the students that need help a lot, which is good, but they exclude the really smart ones because they know they will pass the tests. But overall it's a good school

Cockeysville Middle School 4

Posted August 18, 2007
As a former student entering high school as class of 2011, I feel I'll miss CMS. There are plenty of amazing memories, and great teachers. The music and art departments are fantastic, I cannot emphasize that enough. One major drawback is the lack of discipline. The school just cannot get it right. Do not get me wrong, there isnt (much) violence besides a fight now and then or anything. But, they are very tough on extremely little and insignificant things, but let the important things like ditching or harassment slide. But it is a great school, and the three years went by far too quickly. Enjoy it while you can.

Cockeysville Middle School 2

Posted January 16, 2007
The academic programs are quite limited, and the facility is lacking. I do know that they school is heavily under renovation, which is desperately needed. The teachers and staff are more than kind to everyone there, but not so with the student. Many student are rude and require more discipline. I suppose my expectations were high since I came from such a wonderful school district--Upper Dublin, namely. I hope there are improvements toward more discipline on the students and a better facility.

10401 Greenside Dr, Cockeysville, MD  21030
Last modified Cockeysville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cockeysville Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top