Columbia, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted September 30, 2014
Bryant Woods is a great little school that is tucked away in one of Columbia's oldest neighborhoods. It has a diverse student population which is a good representation of the city that we live in. It is a Title 1 school, but because of this the teachers have an enormous amount of funds and resources to provide the best learning experience to all of the students. Because of the Title 1 status, it has also been chosen as a pilot school for numerous enrichment programs that Howard County would like to eventually implement in all of their schools. All of the teachers that I have had the pleasure to work with really care about the students and want them to learn. We had an awful experience with a former principal, but our current administration (Ms. Hough and Mrs. Williams McKinney) are awesome and are working very hard to make learning at Bryant Woods a very positive experience.

Bryant Woods Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2013
Bryant Woods staff made my son's preschool experience enjoyable...They encouraged his love for reading and pushed him to be creative! I also had my stepson at the school who came to County schools from the city schools to get a better education he was 2 grade levels behind and they worked very hard to help him get to his correct grade level and they did! They kept in contact with me and I always welcomed to come to the school and talk with any of the teachers!

Bryant Woods Elementary School 1

Posted July 05, 2011
We have had a mixed experience with teachers at BWES- some are great but some have been really terrible. Our son really fell behind in the 3rd grade in great part because of poor teaching skills and classroom management on the part of his teacher. There are a lot of children with behavioral problems at the school and as a parent I have witnessed a student hitting a parent, numerous temper tantrums and children being openly defiant to teachers and administrators. Even with some of the best teacher-student ratios in the county, there just isn't enough staff to handle the demands of this high need student populaion.

Posted September 16, 2009
We have a great small school that has a welcoming atmosphere! We have great teachers, great kids and of course - great parents!

Bryant Woods Elementary School 0

Posted March 30, 2009
The kindergarden program needs major improvement. The children are treated like they are in mini boot camp, there is little child led creativity, The disipline that is used stifle's self esteem. There is one teacher that seems interactive with the children, and the higher level grades seem to improve and be less focused on 'stamping' out children.

Posted December 16, 2008
I love the fact that the children are challenged in so many ways and I love the gifted and talented program. The kids are flourishing and my daughter loves to go to school everyday (she isn't a big fan of holidays as they cut into school days.

Bryant Woods Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2006

Posted June 01, 2004
MR. McCoy and his teachers have really turned bryant woods in to a school where learning and loving take place. My son is in forth grade there and teachers and staff care the he learns adn succeeds to the best of his ability.

Posted January 21, 2004
Mr. McCoy and his staff are excellent caring people who performed exceedingly well for my son who attended the school in the 5th grade.

Bryant Woods Elementary School
5450 Blue Heron Ln, Columbia, MD  21044
Last modified Bryant Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bryant Woods Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top