Bad
Good

This school is truly amazing , there are some really good teachers like ms.Smith, ms.dymek,mr.sylor and more. They are all really supportive.P.S. I go to this school

HCMS is a great school. All three of my children have attended this school and have received a great education. The atmosphere is welcoming and engaging.

We have been at HCMS for 5 years (2 children). Our overall experience has been very positive. We attribute this to the wonderful and committed teachers. We have only had one terrile experience with a teacher -- Mrs. Prendergast. Some of the exceptional teachers are Ms. Kelly, Ms. Dymek, Mr. Mitton, Mrs. Burnett, Mrs. LaSota, Ms. Miranda and Mrs. Crandall (now retired). Mrs. Flores is also a great counselor! While we have had 3 principals in our 5 years, each has brought certain strengths to HCMS and we have been pleased with all 3.

I love this school. I understand that HCMS isn't the best, but the new principal is outstanding and is taking care of these problems. This school has a lot of potential and I can see that the new admins. are trying to bring it out. Many of the students and very bright and the music department is great. Some of the students are also working hard to bring in new extra-curriculars and it's awesome. I love HCMS and can't wait to watch it grow and succeed.

My parents had to move me from this school because they did not give me the correct education and some of the persons there are very rude.

My child has been here 2 years and it is a nice school. There is a great variety of activities to be involved in (even for shy children). The teachers have been great but I do miss the last principle as he was very hands on and accessible.

I am just relocating from NC and the staff has been great in assisting me with the transition and i love the curriculum it will really challenge my sons as well as myself as a parent to assure that i stay involved and on top of their curriculum..I am so glad that i chose Howard County to educate my children

I've been going to this school for about 3 weeks now and its seems to be a really nice school the teachers are nice and I stilll have the same great friends but I get to meet new people too!

i have been attending harpers choice for a year now and it has been the best school i have ever been to in my whole entire life!you will meet alot of polite people there!i recomend all middle school students to come to harpers choice middle school!

Harpers Choice is one of the worst schools I have been to in my entire life.I was a new student at HCMS and the teachers there give a new project or test each week which really stresses me out.I think that the staff should use better discipline and safety ways.Also on my second day at HCMS I missed the bus and when i called for a ride the office staff just sent me to wait outside which was unsafe.Also I think they should have more activities to help motivate the students to work hard and improve their skills.i also think that they should have monitors for dissmisal time to make sure every student exits school safetly and gets on the bus safetly.I also think that they should have an after school program that allows the students to participate in many different activities such as tutoring.I think HCMS really needs to improve.

Last modified Harpers Choice Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.