Bad
Good

I have 2 children at Jeffers Hill. One is in 5th grade and has been there since K. My other is in first grade. I love Jeffers Hill! The teachers and staff work together as a cohesive team and really work hard for our kids. I have a lot of respect for them. You can tell how much they care for the kids too. This school has heart!

Great staff. Take care of the kids as their were their own children. getting ready for another great year

We love Jeffers Hill Elementary!!!! Office staff , especially the secretary is wonderful and gracious ! Very approachable and funny and very welcoming . Principal of the school is extremely good and we see her and assistant principal at pretty much all after school events and school has hosted many extracurricular opportunities for students to develop from lego league to spelling bee to science fairs ! Both our kids are at this school and when they graduate from here we will tremendously miss this school ! GT resource teachers and the guidance counselor are excellent ! Our older child's love for math is totally credited to the GT math teacher at this school ! Every single teacher we had had so far are very approachable and very good in their field! We are proud to be part of the jaguar family and Jeffers hill truly stands for its PAWS behavior ! Kudos to this wonderful school !

Jeffers Hill is a wonderful, diverse school with great teachers and great parents who care about their children's educational success. My daughter went to this school from kindergarten to fifth grade and I have nothing but praise for the school, the teacher and the parents. She is now a 6th grader in Middle School this year and has mentioned that her teacher back at Jeffers Hill really helped to prepare her for middle school. The instrument teacher there is exception too. My child started playing an instrument in 3rd grade and is still playing the same instrument in Middle School. Overall her Jeffers Hill teachers really helped make learning fun and I will forever be indebted to them for that.

I LOVE this school. My son has attended since first grade, when we moved up from VA Beach. The staff is helpful and welcoming; they all know the kids' names and personalities. The kids created their own hard bound books in first and second grades - they illustrated AND wrote them. The diversity is WONDERFUL. I can't think of an ethnicity that isn't represented here. I just hope the middle school will be as great. There are plenty of male AND female teachers, which is also great. Each teacher my son has had has taken a personal interest in my child.

My oldest child has gone to Jeffers HIll Elementary for the past 2 years, and my 2nd will go in the fall. We love this school. The teachers and administrators are very personable and they know and love the children. The staff in the front office knows the children by name and they are always friendly. The kids have many opportunities for being involved in various activities whether academic or extracurricular. I'm impressed with how much the students learn each year.

I had two children attend Jeffers Hill Elementary School,MD. They were at JHES during the previous principal's time. She was the best principal in any school my children' went, and the staff,and teachers have gone beyond their duties to make this a great school. I could only rate it as a perfect 10. We have never felt the same personal treatment and involvement of staff and teachers any where else. Everything is well organized, and the teachers are always prepared a head of time. The amount of personal time put in for the spelling Bee and the MESA competition made me realize JHES teachers were there to make these children go beyond, they were not there for a pay check.

This principal has been at Jeffers Hill Elementary for the last 2 years. She is a strong leader and has been very approachable. She attends all of the school events including the evening events. The teachers clearly care very much about the students. Many teachers also attend evening school events and extra activities. The PTA and teachers have provided a number of extracurricular events and activities outside of regular school hours for the students. There is wonderful academic support for all levels of students. The GT program is fantastic and really challenges the students to learn at an advanced level. There also appears to be a significant number of resources for children with special needs. The parents that I know are very pleased with Jeffers Hill Elementary school and could not imagine their children at any other elementary school. I do not think that the other parents' posts on Great Schools from 2008 are representative of the school for 2012 or over the last several years.

Current principal is very involved. Teachers are caring. Curriculum is presented to instruct students at a wide variety of levels. Diverse student population. Involved parents.

Jeffers Hill Elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers are very dedicated and concerned about the students. The administrative staff is very involved in the well being of the school. There are a number of active parent volunteers who support the school. For those parents who may complain, perhaps they should consider playing a more active role in the school and volunteering. There are evening opportunities during the many extracurricular activities for those who cannot leave work during the day. My son has attended Jeffers Hill Elementary for 3 years and is thriving.

Last modified Jeffers Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.