Columbia, MD
Students enrolled: 1,138

Posted May 23, 2014
Oakland Mills is a small, diverse, and community centered school. It is a school where students are welcomed and encouraged to excel academically, socially, and athletically. Even though it is small in numbers, it competes with the best schools in the state and nation academically. Perhaps the best thing the school has to offer is its high values that support diversity, academics and it's push for excellence. The students all have a sense of PRIDE and are very protective of their community and their school.

Posted May 07, 2013
thhis school is great...i love it no place like hOMe...but the school is small...GO OAKAND!!

Posted April 12, 2013
om is amazing, i'm a junior and i can say that next year when i graduate i will miss OM so much.. i have had the best memories here and the best friendships and its hands down the most spirited and connected school in Howard County. Mr. Eastham is also the best principal ever......there's no place like hOMe

Oakland Mills High School 4

Posted September 09, 2010
We moved to Columbia four years ago and made Oakland Mills Village our home because of its high school. This school is one of the diverse communities I have ever been involved with. The principal and his leadership are so genuine. He is striving to make OMHS a community for everyone. I find the teachers to be open and accessible, but not always on top of fully engaging their parents. The diversity of activities for student involvement is admirable. OMHS has to improve on the way in which it engages families and the PTSA has not always been as open to new people. However, new leadership and a hard push from the principal make this parent hopeful in the change. Although this is our last year at OMHS, I believe that my son was happy there and had a great experience. OMHS is not perfect, but it is trying get there.

Posted April 27, 2010
I will be the first to admit that I was a little nervous about sending my children to OMHS due to some of the things I had heard. But, when I asked parents of students about the school, they were overwhelmingly enthusiastic. Now, I understand why. This is a hidden gem in the Howard County school system. The classes are small, the teachers are involved with the students and the principal and administration do a wonderful job of building a true sense of community and pride.

Oakland Mills High School 3

Posted January 23, 2010
My two children graduated from OMHS. It was a very mixed bag--some teachers care a lot, some not so much. Some serious issues are addressed, some are allowed to continue. The principal is less accessible to parents who do not volunteer or spend time at the school. The other administrative staff are generally responsive. There is a strong sense of community and pride.

Posted October 03, 2009
i love oakland mills high because of its PRIDE! we are a FAMILY not just a school we ALL have great respect for each other as well as support.. the staff is amazing all in themselves , they work together as a team to help each and everyone not just in their studies but personally too... WE ARE STRONG>> WE ARE A SCORPION FAMILY !

Posted May 15, 2009
My child attends this school its awsome with lerning and almost everything.

Posted March 21, 2009
I like the community feel to the school. They have an outstanding upper level program for students who excel and a support network for students who struggle.

Posted February 05, 2009
I have had 2 students graduate from OMHS and I am pleased with the principal and staff. I have another one who will be going here in 3 years and I don't doubt that she will do good also. This is the same school that helped to produce an astronaut. OMHS has not gotten the props that it deserves!

Oakland Mills High School
9410 Kilimanjaro Rd, Columbia, MD  21045
Last modified Oakland Mills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland Mills High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top