Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

The teachers and administration at this school are top notch. I have never come across so many talented educators under one roof. I am blown away after every parent/teacher conference by the level of care and encouragement my children get and how they are challenged to reach their fullest potential. I love that students have separate teachers for math and language arts -- the teachers get to specialize in a certain subject resulting in students receiving the very best level of instruction.

I am not sure why the rating of this school is so low. Phelps Luck is a wonderful Elementary School. All of the teachers are VERY engaged. The administrative staff is on it and the Principal and Assistant Principal are very hands on as well and very easy to approach. I have a 6 grader now, who had been in PL from 1st through 5th grade and I also have a 2nd grader that has been going to PL since Kindergarten. We have nothing but great things to say. Both of my kids are above grade level in some of their classes and the school is fantastic about making sure that each child is being challenged at the level they need. May it be the kids that are ahead or the ones that may need a little extra help. Phelps Luck deserves 5 stars !

Phelps Luck Elementary is a fantastic school with great staff and wonderful children. The school has been recently renovated and boasts tremendous technology resources which always impress me. There are great after school opportunities that are provided to the children, including Chess Club and Girls on the Run, an afterschool running program for girls. We have been thrilled throughout our time at Phelps Luck with the open lines of communication we have had with the administration and the staff. We also have been very happy with the ability of the school to get our children above grade level work when necessary. Howard County Schools have consisitently ranked as 1st in Maryland, and our experiences at Phelps Luck Elementary show us why.

I think our school rating is lower than it should be due to parents not taking the time to rank it. PLES offers a variety of programs ranging from Gifted and Talented to ESOL, and everything in between. It has a very diverse population of students, and a committed and wonderful team of teachers and administrative staff. My husband and I have been extremely satisfied with the education that our children are getting. The school building itself (although aging) has been recently remodeled. The surrounding community is very nice with mature trees, walking paths and modest, well-kept homes. With a few exceptions, PLES students will likely attend Bonnie Branch Middle School and Howard High school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are outstanding. They work with the children above and beyond what is usually expected.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and Administrators are role models for the students in these areas. It is a multicultural school with vast economic diversity and the teachers respect and support all students regardless of their ethnic or economic status.

it's time to remove the 2011 reviews. They do not reflect the current administration of the school or the teachers. The principal is one of the most committed and caring school administrators I have ever run into. He know all the children by name and has introduced a new and innovative curriculum into the school. The children have an opportunity to learn a language- Spanish- as well as a musical instrument along with a strong math, social science and English program. There are plenty of opportunities for students in the GT and AP programs. The school reflects the multicultural nature and economic diversity of the community and the administration and teachers recognize and support each child. Phelps Lunch is an outstanding elementary school

My three grandchildren attend Phelps Luck Elementary school Their mother, my daughter, attended the school when she was a child. It is an outstanding school that offers foreign languages,art, music, including musical instrument education, in addition to an excellent math program, science, and the liberal arts . The teachers are exceptional and really care about the children. The curriculum is equal to any at private schools. The Principal appears to know every child at the school as well as their parents. The students as well as the faculty are representative of the community which is diverse and multicultural; as a result the children learn about many cultures and customs. This school should be rated much higher than a six out of 10.

Wonderful school that needs to be rated higher! I have two children at this school, and I think they are getting an excellent education. The teachers are wonderfully supportive, the administration is stellar, and the community around the school is inviting. Whenever someone comments about our school's ratings, I tell them that they are simply too low. If you are looking to move into the area, I highly recommend it.

We have had three children attend PLES (the youngest will graduate in 2014). We can't say enough positive things about this school. The current principal is fantastic, and the teachers and staff are wonderful. The PTA is active, and are involved in a variety of activities. This neighborhood is a hidden gem, given the relatively low housing costs, when compared to some nearby upscale neighborhoods. We have found that our children remain top of their class as they continue to middle school (Bonnie Branch) and high school (Howard). I would say that the PLES educators have done an amazing job preparing our children both academically and socially. And the part that I think is invaluable - is the cultural diversity of friendships they have developed while at PLES. As our family income grew, we were financially able to move to a different neighborhood. However, we chose to stay at PLES and have been pleased with this decision!!! Welcome to the neighborhood!

Last modified Phelps Luck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.