Columbia, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted September 29, 2014
Running Brook is a good school with a diverse body of students. My daughter loves going to school everyday and she loves here teachers. The teachers and staff treat students and parents with respect.

Posted September 29, 2014
My daughter have been going to Running Brook since kindergarten and now she is in 5th grade. The teachers and staff are great. My daughter has positive experiences in this school.

Running Brook Elementary School 3

Posted April 30, 2014
I'm a student here tell me is running Brook good or fake. I've seen good and bad reviews I need to know

Running Brook Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2014
The biggest mistake you could make in a school. DO NOT send your child here. Too many reasons to list. My child attended and I couldn't move faster to end this disgrace! Teachers are good, Principle is horrible. Office staff is unacceptably unprofessional and rude. Parents are involved when they are allowed. But basically are spoken to and treated with such disrespect by administration that it makes it hard to cope.

Posted April 26, 2014
RBES is a great school. Almost all of the teachers are nice the principal Troy Todd is incredibly nice!! This school is one of the greatest school in Howard county

Running Brook Elementary School 1

Posted April 25, 2014
RUNNING BROOK ELEMENTARY- This school is The shame of Howard County. Rude/discriminatory administration/ staff. Coupled with an incompetent principle, Troy Todd who rarely interacts one on one with parents and looks totally clueless at assemblies. Don't believe the "this school is the best" fake reviews... RBES staff has been seen posting them at their work stations.Please review the actual Maryland Board of Education test and performance scores for a reality check..There is plenty of adult bullying and blocking certain parents out if they choose to encourage civility, equality and fairness for all students. Many know its wrong but say nothing. Administration allows break out fights while they are socializing when a child complains Troy Todd will just say.."man up" or "don't be a snitch". The disrespect towards parents is unbelievable. Troy Todd has even hung up on a parent before after being called to the carpet for violating their child's medical privacy. It took 3 yrs of witnessing this before I stopped making excuses for their rude unethical behavior and now I have reported it for redemption. I strongly encourage the Maryland BOE investigate this school.

Posted April 23, 2014
I have 2 children that have attend Running Brook since Kindergarten. In my opinion, they couldn't have received a better education. My son just took the Cog/AT test (for GT) and was in the 95 percentile for Math and 96 percentile for Reading. I feel like this is due to the education and support received at RBES. Since 1st grade he has been tracked advanced and gets pulled out for all core classes. The likelihood he would have been tracked and given this extra support at a more competitive school, i.e. Clarksville or Ellicott city is very not likely. My daughter was not originally tracked advanced but working with her teacher and administration she is now in all advanced classes. They are both being taught at a grade level above. My point is, there are many more opportunities at RBES for your child then other schools due to not having as much competition, you just have to be an advocate for your child. RBES is comprised of a diverse population that creates a learning environment more like the real world. YOur child will not only receive a great education but also grow up with the realization that not everyone is just like them.. Did I mention I love the administration?

Running Brook Elementary School 1

Posted February 21, 2014
If you didn't know that Howard County has a ghetto, move here and you'll find out! Do not believe these post from unverified sources. Some may even be posted by RBES staff. If you are moving to Howard County make sure this is NOT your assigned school. Do your research, such as the Maryland State Government Department of Education 2013 study and you will see that the data does not support that this is a good school -- not in the least bit. If moving to Howard County ONLY CONSIDER PUBLIC SCHOOLS IF YOU PLAN TO RESIDE IN CLARKSVILLE, ELLICOTT CITY, FULTON, MARRIOTSVILLE, ETC. Otherwise be prepare to send your children to private schools which cost $20+ and there are very few quality private schools within a 20-mile radius. Better off moving to Montgomery county and going to private, unless your happen to work in this area. Administration is HORRIBLE and teachers are APATHETIC!!!! Find and read the report for yourself!

Posted May 16, 2013
RUNNING BROOK GETS 100 MILLION STARS!!!!!!!!THEY ARE A REALLY GREAT SCHOIOL THE STAFF AND TEACHERS ARE GREAT THEY CONCERNED LOVING CARING THOUGHTFUL ATTENTIVE THEY ARE THE BEST SO FAR ETC.ETC.ETC. ALL GOOD (lol) YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH STARS UP THERE FOR RUNNING BROOK!! :)

Posted October 16, 2012
I think RBES is a great school!!! I have two children here at very different ends of the spectrum...the school has done a great job in challenging my gifted child, as well as providing extra support for my child who has reading challenges. The staff is always wonderful and easy to reach. They have resolved issues proficiently! To commenter #3-I am a single parent who is very involved in my children's lives and education (and so is my ex-husband for that matter)...I take offense to your labeling of single parents as one of the "tough demographics." Regardless of circumstances, it's at a family or individual level whether one is involved or not...NOT class or group characteristics. Shame on you for (mis)labeling!!

Running Brook Elementary School
5215 West Running Brook Rd, Columbia, MD  21044
Last modified Running Brook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Running Brook Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top