Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We are a good school on our way to being great! Mrs. Strong (our new principal) is a dedicated leader trying to fix problems that were there well before she arrived. As a parent, I am inspired by the constant commitment to improvement and look forward to increasing my involvement with the school in order to give teachers and administration the support that they need to help all of our kids thrive.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think it is tailored to the child's abililty and gives parents a chance to actually see our children's academic performance in action.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Challenging and gets parents involved with what their kids are learning

Teachers are wonderful. My children are learning so much. The curriculum is progressive and inspires them to continue asking questions and learning when they come home.

There are many excellent teachers at Swansfield, however the behavior of many of the students interferes with their ability to provide effective instruction. I have been very disappointed with the new principal, Mrs. Strong. I am concerned that my children are not going to be able to learn as much as they could at another school.

My school is a vibrant and welcoming place for all students, whether as part of the Gifted and Talented Program, or whether they need an extra push to help them get on grade level. The parent participation and sets us apart from all the schools in the county! International Night celebrating the diversity among us is just one example of how the school and PTA embrace our community.

We have been a part of Swansfield for 4 years and have had nothing but great experiences. Mrs. Ketter for one is amazing. It is apparent that she truly loves being an educator and working with children. Every member of the staff has ensured my son has everything he needs to be successful in elementary school. Every year I am impressed with the amount of parent teacher communication. Keep it up Mrs. Ketter and Swansfield!!!

We have had a very good experience at Swansfield. This is our last year there with our youngest son, and we will miss it next year. The school population is very diverse and the teachers are wonderful. We have experienced the GT programs and special needs programs, and in both cases the teachers have been caring and responsive.

This schools staff seems to be very rude and arrogant. They do not return phones and you need to call them back at least 3 times to do get the information that you need but you get different information everytime.

I am shocked to hear that a parent can say this for Ms Ketterer.She is an amazing Principal and the best thing that has happened to Swansfield.The Teachers are amazing and so are the administrators!

Last modified Swansfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.