Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 20, 2016
Thank you Mrs. Pleasant. Mrs. Pleasant truly loves teaching and makes each child feel appreciated and loved. I'm thrilled my daughter has Mrs. Pleasant this year.

Posted April 20, 2016
I'm so glad we moved into the Waterloo ES district. The teachers and leadership team are top notch at this school. My favorite part of Waterloo is the number of curriculum extension units (CEUs) that challenge students in so many interesting areas. Also the orchestra has been amazing. Great school!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 25, 2016
Ms. Sloan. This is our first year at Waterloo, and I feel like Erin has really made my son's transition to public school and amazing experience.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 25, 2016
Our son is in Kindergarten, and he gets 1-2 worksheets per week, has one poetry journal to do each week, and has to read an assigned book (that he reads again in class). I feel this is very manageable and that his teacher does a lot of hands on projects (love the STEM projects) in class.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted March 25, 2016
The school teaches all children to be their Waterloo B.E.S.T. and reinforces this on many levels throughout the year.

Posted August 19, 2013
I heard good things about this school. It had been around for a very long time.

Waterloo Elementary School 4

Posted June 03, 2013
I'm a parent of a 5th grader and I think the school is great. Good teachers that communicate well with parents. Principle and other staff are friendly and approachable. Great supportive environment with a well behaved student body. My daughter has done well here and has good grades

Posted June 21, 2012
Waterloo fosters excellent academic preparation. Furthermore, the principal and every teacher I've met have been warm, caring people who are truly interested and supportive of my children's growth and development. Hooray for Waterloo!

Posted June 28, 2011
My son started Waterloo preschool 2 months ago and it has been amazing! The staff is very supportive and makes everyone feel welcome and special! I have not encountered any member of staff that did not offer assistance. The Principal, Mrs. Webster is truly great, very involved and fosters a positive atmosphere within the school.

Posted May 22, 2011
Waterloo is a very good school. I have 3 kids here and they love it! The principal, Mrs. Webster is very kind & dedicated. She is present at all the after-school events and is also very active at these events. I have subbed a few times at Waterloo and the staff & teachers are friendly. I am pleased with the quality of education my kids are getting. There are so many fantastic teachers from Mrs. Bray, Ms. Yakscoe-Markle, Mrs. Kuegler, Mrs. Billey, Mrs. Pleasant & Mr Fellin to Mrs. Cutick, just to name a few; who are doing a wonderful job of adding value to our kids. Thank you to all the staff & teachers at WES. God bless you all!

5940 Waterloo Rd, Columbia, MD  21045
Last modified Waterloo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.