Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

For the academically oriented kids, there is a lot of homework but it pays off in the long run. The AP teachers assign a lot of extra work but it really does help them do well on the AP test.

My daughter graduated from Wilde Lake last year and had an excellent selection of colleges from which to choose. She was academically challenged, had the opportunity to play multiple sports, was well prepared for her college experience, and was involved in numerous extra-curricular activities. The administration, lead by an outstanding principal, is among the best in the county. The AP teachers are excellent (Wilde Lake AP scores are generally number 1 or 2 of all the county high schools). The diversity of the school was a great part of her school experience. I have heard kids from other Howard County schools say that they want to go to a college that is diverse because their high school was not. I say go to Wilde Lake High School where you can have it all!

We have had two boys go through Wilde Lake, it is diverse, supportive, accepting, and academically challenging, all in one package. Most of the teachers are excellent, with the exception of a few weak links, but for the most part excellent. The administration is phenomenal. Period. LOVE the principals and vices, and even the arts are excellent. We had the experience of mostly honors, GT and AP classes, so I cannot speak to the quality of the on-grade classes. The diversity of Wilde Lake and Columbia is what brought us to Columbia 18 years ago, when we craved a diverse area to raise our family and Wilde Lake is truly a testament to what James Rouse had envisioned when he designed Columbia. We have neighbors whose children have gone to through Wilde Lake and ended up at Duke, Harvard, Columbia, you name it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I can mostly speak for the Honors, GT and AP, but after having two kids go through Wilde Lake, there are only maybe 2 we felt were not as affective or gifted in the art of teaching as they should have been.

Great school. Kids learned a lot and were very prepared for college. Definitely recommended for everyone.

I am the parent of a recent graduate of WLHS. Mr. LeMon and the administration are excellent. There are many excellent teachers at WL who are engaged in the students' education while at WL and beyond. Another bonus of WL is that the student population is very diverse. My only complaint is that more parents need to be involved.

Wilde Lake High School is a great school. The teachers and administrators are talented and highly engaged. The extra curricular activities are diverse and welcoming of all skill levels. The students are challenged and supported academically to succeed. We are fortunate to have such a great school in our community.

I am a parent of a student at Wilde Lake High School. I have been very happy with the schools efforts to provide the highest standards of education to my daughter these past few years. I am an advocate for higher education and would recommend this school to any parent who is intending on moving into this area.

WLHS has an exceptional principal and vice principles. Most of the teachers are exceptional, but a few of them need more training in dealing with diverse students/parents. However, any concerns are quickly addressed and resolved. If a parent is involved, the school offers an excellent academic and extra curriculum activities; that your child can participate in. The parents and teachers are the most generous and proactive group that I have been involved with. My child loves the school, and she has quickly formed many friends. She is involved in sports, band, and still maintains high grades.

My daughter graduated Wild Lake High last year. Outstanding teachers and administation, AP and GT classes, drama and music program which is second to none. My daughter is University of Maryland honors program with wonderful education from WLHS and great memories.

Last modified Wilde Lake High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.