Posted October 09, 2014
I am the parent of a recent graduate of WLHS. Mr. LeMon and the administration are excellent. There are many excellent teachers at WL who are engaged in the students' education while at WL and beyond. Another bonus of WL is that the student population is very diverse. My only complaint is that more parents need to be involved.

Posted October 08, 2014
Wilde Lake High School is a great school. The teachers and administrators are talented and highly engaged. The extra curricular activities are diverse and welcoming of all skill levels. The students are challenged and supported academically to succeed. We are fortunate to have such a great school in our community.

Posted May 07, 2014
I am a parent of a student at Wilde Lake High School. I have been very happy with the schools efforts to provide the highest standards of education to my daughter these past few years. I am an advocate for higher education and would recommend this school to any parent who is intending on moving into this area.

Posted April 15, 2014
WLHS has an exceptional principal and vice principles. Most of the teachers are exceptional, but a few of them need more training in dealing with diverse students/parents. However, any concerns are quickly addressed and resolved. If a parent is involved, the school offers an excellent academic and extra curriculum activities; that your child can participate in. The parents and teachers are the most generous and proactive group that I have been involved with. My child loves the school, and she has quickly formed many friends. She is involved in sports, band, and still maintains high grades.

Posted November 24, 2013
My daughter graduated Wild Lake High last year. Outstanding teachers and administation, AP and GT classes, drama and music program which is second to none. My daughter is University of Maryland honors program with wonderful education from WLHS and great memories.

Posted February 22, 2013
I graduated from WLHS and it was a wonderful four-year educational experience. Almost all of my friends at this school ended up going onto Ivy League or equivalent top-notch liberal arts schools and universities, like Wake Forest University where I attended. The English program, the amazing music and theater programs, the GT programs, the challenging teachers, so many things about the school prepared me well for college level coursework. It was actually cool in my class to be applying to 7 colleges including the "safety schools and the reach schools" and most of us ended up at the reach schools, and we went to colleges across the nation knowing more than other students about diversity and culture. We still have reunions and I will always be PROUD to be a WILDECAT!

Posted May 20, 2012
My daughter is finishing up her first year at WLHS and we have become true Wilde Cat fans! She is getting a solid academic (GT) background, has teachers who are engaged, creative and communicative, and she is THRIVING in the music program. She has made several good friends who are truly fine human beings. I'm grateful that they found each other. The school is beautifully diverse. As a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, I see kids from many of the county's schools. The WLHS are much better adjusted with fewer of the scarier problems than in many of the higher regarded high schools.

Posted February 24, 2012
I am a parent of a student about to graduate from Wilde Lake High School. I have been extremely pleased with the administrations efforts to provide the highest standards of education to my son these past 4 years. He has been excepted to three colleges and is awaiting to hear from several others he has applied to. With that said, high school is not a baby-sitting facility but a two way street of communication and support between the parents and the teachers. I am an advocate for higher education and would recommend this school to any parent who is intending on moving into this area.

Posted February 10, 2012
Howard County Public Schools are some of the best in the State. This High School is a strong school with good teachers and motivated students that want to excel. A realtor recently mentioned to us that this school has had more students move on and attend ivy league colleges and universities in the last two years than any other high school in the district. I would strongly recommend that if you like the area and are considering buying a home that you go by the school and take a tour and talk with the administration.

Wilde Lake High School 2

Posted January 28, 2011
Would not recommend this school to anyone that has a choice to go elsewhere. I came from a private middle school and liked the freedom of public school but soon saw how anyone could fall into the wrong crowd. You need to have strong morals and know what your willing to do and what your not. I have been accepted to prestigious colleges but other kids from my middle school went the other way and have no plan for next year in january of their senior year. You can come from wilde lake with a great transcript and do great things but the easy path leads to another type of institution.

Wilde Lake High School
5460 Trumpeter Rd, Columbia, MD  21044
Last modified Wilde Lake High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilde Lake High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top