Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

My child had good educators even though the admin office was HORRIBLE! The Registrar, Attendance Clerk and Principal should be replaced.

The RUDEST front office staff I have ever met as a parent. They are snobby & stuck up. I have been left on hold during a call to the school & spoken down to on more than one occasion! A conversation with the principal did nothing. He seems to have to control and actually stated that he could say something but it might not change anything. The teachers are not bad though. My child actually had good educators it's just hard dealing with the rude staff that think they run the school. OR maybe they do run the school? If you are used to having grown people speak to you as a grown person....this is NOT your school. I wish someone would have told me about this place so I'll try & be as honest & open on here & you can decide. This school is horrible!!! Go anywhere else in Howard County!

Have had 3 kids graduate through Long Reach. Just like every school there are issues but the administrative staff is always helpful.

My kid goes to Long Reach and he loves it. We moved from Wilde lake and it is far better than Wilde Lake. The teachers seem to be very supportive and nice.

The Long Reach community is amazing. I don't know about other people but I like my school. There are a lot of good things about Long Reach High School. The diversity here is amazing, the athletics programming offers sports for every one, and the staff is awesome. Long Reach High School also offers computer science classes, which is not offered to lots of other high schools across the county. This prepares kids who are going to college that hope to become computer programmers, engineers, and other majors in the technical field. Along with being in one of the best educational counties in the nation, it is also very excepting and loving. -Aryan S.

This school is amazing. Our children graduated in 2011 and 2012, were in AP classes and their teachers always cared for them and gave them all their support. It's a diverse school, many students come from different cultures and that enriches their development, appreciation and respect for others. We are grateful to this High School

Although there has been many incidents, I believe that it is whether or not the student would follow them. if the student would, that is because their nature is easily changed. Along with that, there are many "good" or "nice" students I see, and also students would be pretty much to busy with schoolwork to be involved with the 'incidents'.

My daughter recently graduated from LRHS and our entire experience through the four years was great. When the occasional problem arose, teachers and administration were very responsive. She was challenged in her classes and encouraged to push herself throughout, taking advanced courses and doing extra activities. She was involved in music, sports, and theatre. Long Reach is a diverse population, which more accurately represents the world around us and I think that will only benefit her throughout her life. The students are, overall, a great group of kids and many parents are involved in volunteer activities. My daughter and I were both very pleased with her experience and the education she received at Long Reach.

Long Reach is a great school. It is a snapshot of the real world as it represents true diversity on all social and economic levels. The teachers are diverse in their style of teaching and the students seem to adapt to those styles accordingly. The school's academic approach, especially at the Honors and GT levels keep the students challenged and motivated. The various sports clubs, band, drama, and other extra curricula activities offer the students the mental release necessary to create balance and interest. The kids all get along regardless or race, economic status, and academic ability which is not true of all Howard County Public High Schools. My only needs improvement comment relates to us, the parents. This is our children's home away from home. As parents we must be supportive, visible, and vigilant at all times. Before there were teachers, administrators, or classmates, there were parents. Our children's first snapshot of the future is seen thru our eyes. Let's remember to keep our eye's shining and focused on them... And Go Lightning!!!

Can I just say that the whole ghetto, guns, gang, and drug thing is a bunch of trash? All schools have these problems, Long reach is just up front about it. If your kid is a smart and goal oriented, you kid will do just wonderfully here. There are plenty of kids who want to succeed, its in the air (put them in honors classes). I went to school here and found it amazing. I have friends with excellent prospects. I known graduates who have gotten full rides, are going to Harvard, NYU, Julliard, and plenty of excellent public schools around the country. Howard County has a great academic program and most teachers are helpful and wonderful. The diversity also lead me to be exposed to different cultures, like an huge Indian graduation party. Don't believe all the rumors you hear, talk to someone in the school, who went to the school and who worked for the school first.

Last modified Long Reach High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.