Posted May 13, 2015
My son and daughter attended CCES and both had great experiences there. We are zoned for Lime Kiln Middle School and I was struck by how many CCES kids were in the top G/T classes at LKMS. It was clear that the CCES students were much better prepared for challenging classes than the kids from Fulton or other feeder elementary schools. The CCES teachers make a great effort to understand each child as an individual and place them in the best environment for each grade. The principal, Mr. Larner, is approachable, helpful, and very serious about academics. The school has zero-tolerance for bullying and a great program that teaches kids to respect each other, work out conflicts constructively, and include and support children with special needs. It was a wonderful experience for my children; they loved it and look back on CCES fondly. I recommend CCES without reservation.

Posted November 07, 2014
Clemens crossing elementry is a wonderland for kids, both my kids have been attending this school for the past 2 years and they love it. Teachers and the other staff members are exceptionally nice. The Principal knows my kids on first name bases and is very friendly and welcoming. They have a hard working and encouraging PTA team. They have excellent GT classes. I am 100% satisfied with this school.

Clemens Crossing Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2014
Clemens Crossing is a great school. It can be a better school with a higher quality of teachers.

Posted February 22, 2014
Our first year at Clemens is going very well. The principal and the communication by the administration to families is incredible. I rarely ask any questions because I feel like I know so much of what is going on and what my kids are working on. My kids are being challenged, working above grade level. The teaching in 1st and 2nd grade is outstanding. This school has a strong PTA, a lot of parent involvement, after school activities, great G/T, etc. I honestly cannot think of one complaint.

Clemens Crossing Elementary School 3

Posted January 15, 2014
We recently moved and my kids transferred to this school. At 1st everyone seemed really nice but after visiting a few times I found most of the staff to be rude and unwelcoming and on 1 occasion I asked about observing my child in the classroom and they didn't want me to. Claimed I would be a distraction Today I went to turn in a paper for the health room and just wanted to peek in on my younger 1 cause he has been begging me to come visit him in his class. So as I walked to towards his class I was stopped by 3 different people and was asked in a very rude voice if I had a visitor pass which I clearly had 1 in plain site! When I got to his class I didn't even open the door I was just standing at a distance watching and his teacher came to the door asking me did I have a visitor pass and when I said yes showed her she said well your disturbing my class were trying to taking a test and shut the door in my face, but I didn't once in the 5 minutes I stood there see 1 kid other then mine look up and all he did was look up and smile and went back to doing his work. However I will say my older child's teacher is very nice. Not fond of this school already and only been there 3 months.

Clemens Crossing Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2013
Although the building has been upgraded, the quality of the faculty has not. The atmosphere is rife with political in-fighting to see who gets the upper hand, usually by befriending the teacher of choice. When parents and teachers are personal friends there can't be a completely unbiased and unprejudiced application of care and nurturing. When my first child attended CCES, starting from kindergarten, the staff were so great I didn't have to worry about the atmosphere or environment. Now, we have to worry about who our children will get as there teacher. If the mothers are at the school daily, then their kids will get away with murder. If not, then the kids will be sent home with a note for the silliest of infractions. There have been many excellent teachers, most of whom have left or retired. Some teachers know that the projects some kids bring to school have not been worked on by the kids, mostly parental assistance but it's politically correct to give that child a high mark while the child who insists on doing all work themselves gets a mediocre grade. This is also a training method for the parents. It's not the effort that counts, just the presentation.

Posted September 08, 2013
We love Clemens Crossing Elementary! Our daughter had a wonderful experience in kindergarten last year, and was so excited to start 1st grade a few weeks ago. The principal and assistant principal (Larner & Anoff) are very involved and seem to know each of the 500 students personally. Strong math, reading, music, and art programs. PTA is also very strong, with a lot of parent involvement. We're so lucky this gem is in our neighborhood!

Posted March 21, 2011
My son is in Miss Butler's class(K), and he loves it. The energy and involvement by parents/ community was what caught my attention to this wonderful school.

Posted March 30, 2010
Pros: Outstanding, energetic, and responsive principle. High-quality teachers. Grounds & building in good shape. Safe. G&T. (Full-time teacher in school.) Technology ed. (Kids were given a digital camera to took pictures & learned to download -- in Kindergarten!) Cons: No foreign language. 'Health tech' instead of school RN. Large K class sizes (24 kids). Late start/finish time (due to busses serving Swansfield El first). Cafeteria too small, meaning lunches are too fast and (for some grades) too early/late. Pro/Con: Lots of individualized assessment, esp in first part of the year. Nice to have, but detracts from teaching time.

Posted March 24, 2010
My son is in Kindergarten and loves this school. The faculty is very helpful and he has learned alot in the 7 months he has been attending.

10320 Quarterstaff Rd, Columbia, MD  21044
Last modified Clemens Crossing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clemens Crossing Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top