Posted April 28, 2014
I finally found a great school for my daughter, she loves her teachers! They have great programs to help students improve their learning.

Nantucket Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2014
The earlier reviewer was exactly right when they said Nantucket was very overcrowded. Their parent/student ratio is too high for teachers to meet student's needs as well as they could. Nantucket is being redistricted at the end of the school year, which will hopefully resolve this issue.

Posted March 28, 2014
I have two girls at this school and this is our second year here. Love it. The curriculum is challenging for my 1st grader (not so challenging for my 4th grader; but then again she thinks everything is easy). I love their music program, and educational after school programs (especially Destination Imagination and MESA). The technology is excellent, the teaching staff is awesome. The 4 teachers we've had so far have all been so helpful. Can't say many bad things about this school especially when you are an involved parent and know what's going on. The school is big on technology and my kids love learning that way. i could go on and on about this school: the principal, support staff, PTA! AWESOME!

Nantucket Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2014
This school is so OVERCROWDED that the entire 5th grade is housed in "portables" behind the school! Very surprising since it opened in 2008! The average ratio per class is very misleading (18 versus 27 to 30 in reality). The students have very limited access to actual textbooks. Everything is taught from the "smart boards". This means no references for homework. And less engaging teachers. Teachers and staff seem to have limited control over students. Deadlines are merely guidelines...they give students very little accountability for their work. We have experienced 3 other elementary schools (due to military transfers) and this is by far our worst experience with mean cliques (boys and girls). The only redeeming factors for this school are a fantastic guidance counselor and very friendly front office staff. After all the positive reviews online, we are very disappointed that this is the school assigned to the house we bought.

Posted November 06, 2013
I have my third child now attending this school, and it has been an excellent experience for all three kids, academically and socially. I have one child with special needs who has been very well attended to, as well...In fact, we had him in one of the county's public charter schools for a short while, then switched him back to Nantucket because it served him so much better. While there is always variability between teachers, I've delt with a dozen of them now, plus special ed services, and they all are somewhere between good and absolutely fantastic! One of my favorite times of the year is the annual talent show...You can't see it and not fall in love with the teachers, kids, and families that make this place great!

Posted October 08, 2013
My 5 yr. old started her first year of school this year and I absolutely love this school, as does she. The principal is outside every morning and afternoon really taking a part in the school. And they have a great policy to make the school safe.

Posted June 04, 2013
Nantucket is wonderful. My grandson will be graduating andf moving on to Crofton Middle School next year. We will miss Nantucket. The teachers are excellent and so caring of the children.

Posted November 21, 2011
I love this school. Of course, the building itself is really nice, being only a few years old, and it has current technology. My daughter attended 4th and 5th grade at Nantucket and was well prepared for middle school. She is now doing high school level math in 7th grade. My younger daughter had an amazing kindergarten experience. She loved going to kindergarten, reads well, and enjoyed the opportunity to read a book to her former kindergarten teacher's class now that she is in first grade. Her kindergarten teacher really got to know her students, even going to many birthday parties that she was invited to. The teachers work as a team with the other teachers in their grade, and the children benefit from that. They are also very accessible, responding quickly to emails. My only concern is with the growing class sizes - although the school is new, it is way over capacity.

Nantucket Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2011
Most teacher are young and without much experience. Other school have more experienced teacher and that makes a huge difference. Reading program is poor comparing with other Elementary Schools in Crofton. Reading and spelling program needs to improve bid deal. Technology is good because the Principal focus more in technology than a serious reading program. PTA needs to reflect diversity and do more things for free for the children. Principal may not be open to suggestions or to learn from school that are alredy getting greater ratings.

Nantucket Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2011
Great technology. Poor reading program. Other Elementary Schools in Crofton have better reading programs and spelling. School could do a lot better in reading. PTA not very diverse. PTA does not do much activities for free. If parents are not email or computer oriented they may not get to know PTA. Some NES teachers are young and not very experience. Friendly Principal but may not take suggestions regarding better education.

Nantucket Elementary School
2350 Nantucket Dr, Crofton, MD  21114
Last modified Nantucket Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nantucket Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top