Crofton, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted February 08, 2012
Been very pleased with the school's administration, teachers and community. Good communication with teachers whether in person or via email. Great parent participation in school from both working parents and at home parents. LOTS of opportunities to get involved. Daughter has attended here past 2 1/2 years (K-2) and has excelled in every area. CES knows KIDS:)

Posted March 14, 2011
I have two children at CES. They love their school experience. This is their second academic year and it didn't take long for them to adjust. My chlidren participate in the various activities. Children are encouraged to write a book every year with Paw Printers which is outstanding. The staff from the nurses office to the front office are very welcoming and ready to help. I have been very impressed the the teaching staff and administrative staff.

Crofton Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2011
AWFUL. Moved here SPECIFICALLY for the schools. Used the ratings on THIS website as basis for our decision. Wish we'd never, ever moved here. Teacher is incompetent, ill equipped to deal with a child who is borderline ADD. Has my child singled out as a failure. We check our child's homework every night. Teacher frequently marks my child's work wrong when it isn't - sometimes there's more than 1 correct answer. If it isn't in teacher's answer key,. it's wrong. No exceptions. What does that teach a child? *Most* of the front office staff: bitter, judgemental, RUDE. Always so very rude. Crime is abundant. Do your homework. Google is your friend. I have a child in another school nearby, and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. Have a great relationship with the principal, the teachers - even the office ladies. I *know* it isn't just me.

Posted October 28, 2010
Both my children have attended Crofton Elementary, one attended starting in K all the way through5th grade and the other is still there. The opportunities are endless for the students. There are academic programs for all levels and ages, the teachers are highly qualified and excited to teach! The staff is always trying new things to keep excitement for learning up and the school spirit high.

Posted April 30, 2008
We have two children at Crofton Elementary, ages 9 & 6 (4th and K). Overall, we are VERY happy here. A wonderful staff and a truly committed community. Academically the school is very strong. Our PTA ROCKS! There are MANY school/PTA sponsored activities and events. The recent change of principal seems to have reusulted in a little less school spirit. Our previous princicpal was so exceptional and a very tough act to follow. Ms. O'Shea lacks that special connection with the children. But I agree, Ms. Brusca is a wonderful Vice-President. The facitilites are old and of course there is over crowding. Hopefully redistricing will make that much better. I especially dislike the bathrooms. There is no longer any special interest clubs for 5th graders. Which I think is quite odd.

Posted April 25, 2008
We love Crofton Elementary. My daughter is in kindergarten with Mrs. Skaggs and having a wonderful time. They have many activities to make learning fun and keep the children interested. The school encourages parent involvement and there is great communication with the administration. We also love Mrs. Brusca, the vice principal who makes every child feel special.

Posted December 05, 2007
Crofton elementary is a great school, especially kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Schuetz.

Posted November 29, 2007
We love Crofton Elementary and are sorry we won't be able to go there next year due to redistricting. Would like to have the doors locked even though a parent sits up front.

Crofton Elementary School 0

Posted November 28, 2007
I love Crofton Elementary School and all the wonderful programs and educational structure it offers. Go Crofton Elementary.

Posted November 05, 2006

Crofton Elementary School
1405 Duke of Kent Dr, Crofton, MD  21114
Last modified Crofton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crofton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top