Crofton, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted April 28, 2014
From the time you enter the building as a new parent/student, you are flooded with the most practical information about not only the school, but the entire community. Ms. Brown the admin. asst. is going to make your parenting experience so much easier by thoroughly going over all documents and accurate communication devices so that the rigors of life do not affect your child school performance other than the typical challenges of life. The principal and counselor a will keep you updated and shake your hand with the promise of protecting and educating every kid. They truly epitomize "no child left behind" but really achieve "every child moves forward successfully".

Posted March 21, 2013
We moved to Crofton for the great schools and great neighborhood atmosphere. He had attended preschool on a local base and was lacking in many skills that other kids from private preschools had. Our son is now in kindergarten and has learned so much. He has caught up and is doing so well. We couldn't be happier. He loves his teacher and school. I volunteer and am very pleased with the office staff, school security, teachers, campus and overall school atmosphere. I was worried about letting my son ride the bus but they make sure the kids get off and on the bus and get to where they are going safely. I think CWES is an excellent school for my children!

Posted September 09, 2012
This school is a gem! The teachers are warm and friendly and the administration and staff is knowledgeable and inviting. There is something to be said about a school where the Assistant Principal and School Secretary know everyone by their name and who their child belongs to. The principal has worked hard to establish a year of Chinese for the kindergarten section this year and is hoping to continue this throughout their education. There is a strong PTA and very involved leadership I would highly recommend this school.

Posted November 16, 2011
This school is wonderful! The teachers are kind, the curriculum is well thought out and my daughter is thriving. I'm very pleased that we moved into this school's area.

Crofton Woods Elementary School 1

Posted July 13, 2011
This school is not very diverse at all. My child has been bullied in and out of the class and the teachers have pretty much looked the other way and has not done anything about. The curriculum can be long, tedious, complex and unclear. The principal is very uninvolved and does not see parents for appointments. He delegates this responsibility to the Assistant Principal.

Crofton Woods Elementary School 3

Posted May 09, 2011
I think they are lacking in there ALPs(Advanced learners programs) for reading as i moved to cwes zone from ces zone they had classics and advanced reading groups but cwes is missing higher reading programs

Posted June 02, 2009
My child started this year in crofton woods and he learned a lot! i must say we were surprised by the level. School is well equipped, big, great media hall, arts class, gym ... But what I noticed from the beginning of the year is that teachers have no fun at all. How can you make learning fun for kids when teachers have no fun at all. And I know that they have all a very heavy schedule, teaching is a very heavy job and I have a lot of respect for teachers but please give them a great time, smile when you speak with the kids ... Smile ... Smile ... Smile ;-)

Crofton Woods Elementary School 0

Posted December 04, 2008
I have 2 kids at this school and have been happy with it. We moved here for the start of last school year and picked our house for Crofton Woods (and it's feeder high school- SR). The principal was awesome, but he retired last December. The assistant principal moved up and he's not as personable or charismatic, but does a decent job. The teachers are hit or miss, mostly hit- we've had 2 great teachers and 2 ok teachers. But, the parent involvement is outstanding.

Posted September 24, 2007
This has been a good school for all of my 4 children. My only gripe probably goes to their being so innovative that I sometimes believe that they have abandoned teaching basic skills for the latest new program. So, if your child is a self starter and a good student, you will love this school, but, if your student is slower to learn, then plan to spend some money on tutoring to bolster basic skills.

Posted January 08, 2007
Great school! In fact, we made sure when buying our house that we were zoned for Crofton Woods. The Principal & Vice Principal are outstanding. The students love them. Highly sought after school because of the dedication to excellence and VERY supportive PTA. Lots of parental involvement. Our community loves this school and is proud of the education the teachers are providing our children.

Crofton Woods Elementary School
1750 Urby Dr, Crofton, MD  21114
Last modified Crofton Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crofton Woods Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top