Crownsville, MD

Posted January 13, 2014
South Shore is an amazing school. Love that the school is a PYP candidate school. The staff is warm and welcoming. The principal seems concerned about each child. The PYP coordinator takes time to answers questions families have about the program, and is always accessible even though she is not here each day. She is a former teacher at South Shore so she seems to get the school and the kids, and is very easy to talk to. Classroom teachers teach by questioning. We love that inquiry is a such a big part of the pyp program here. The cultural arts team is amazing. My child comes home excited each and every day. Could not be more thrilled for her elementary school experience. I only wish that each elementary school was like South Shore.

Posted September 11, 2013
fantastic staff, small classes, friendly kids, close-knit, active parent group...reminds me of a private school. love it!

South Shore Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
South Shore is a great school. It has smaller classes than average for Anne Arundel. The teachers and administrators are top class. There is strong parent participation and support.

Posted August 09, 2011
great school with excellent pricipal and teachers..students were involved with different activities and excellent academic. we're hoping South shore elementarywill build a middle /high school as well in the future.it will be great......

Posted June 10, 2010
As good or better than a private school. Our neighbors all have their kids in private schools. My son is at the same level or better in his level of learning. I look at the progress of my son has made in Kindergarten. He is reading full books, adding and subtracting, and able to do logic problems. I'm %100 pleased with his progress. The principal is fantastic. She takes a interest in all the students. When my son began Kindergarten they decided there were too many children for 2 classes and created a third class. Not many schools do that today. They just cram them together.

Posted March 24, 2010
A hidden gem! We're fortunate to be part of this exceptional school community where our child thrives. Teachers here are creative, committed, and caring. Small classes and a small student body, plus active parental involvement all add up to a vibrant school central to its community. Great learning environment--we can't imagine being anywhere else!!

South Shore Elementary School

Posted September 23, 2009
What's not to love? Great teachers, responsive staff, a top-notch principal and well-educated kids. A great place!

Posted September 17, 2009
My grandkids attend - The teachers are very hands on, creative and enthusiastic. Principle Ferrara is also hands on and takes the time to know the students. This school also thrives to be a Green school, teaching the children to respect the Earth.

Posted April 09, 2009
I think this school is great i am a 24 year old mom of 2 and i went to this school as a child and now my son goes there and i think that they are very hands on in allowing you to participate in you childs education and i love that

Posted August 18, 2008
This is my son's second year 2008-2009 and I couldn't be more thrilled...left private school to come here.

South Shore Elementary School
1376 Fairfield Loop Rd, Crownsville, MD  21032
Last modified South Shore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Shore Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top