Bad
Good

South Shore is an amazing school. Love that the school is a PYP candidate school. The staff is warm and welcoming. The principal seems concerned about each child. The PYP coordinator takes time to answers questions families have about the program, and is always accessible even though she is not here each day. She is a former teacher at South Shore so she seems to get the school and the kids, and is very easy to talk to. Classroom teachers teach by questioning. We love that inquiry is a such a big part of the pyp program here. The cultural arts team is amazing. My child comes home excited each and every day. Could not be more thrilled for her elementary school experience. I only wish that each elementary school was like South Shore.

fantastic staff, small classes, friendly kids, close-knit, active parent group...reminds me of a private school. love it!

South Shore is a great school. It has smaller classes than average for Anne Arundel. The teachers and administrators are top class. There is strong parent participation and support.

great school with excellent pricipal and teachers..students were involved with different activities and excellent academic. we're hoping South shore elementarywill build a middle /high school as well in the future.it will be great......

As good or better than a private school. Our neighbors all have their kids in private schools. My son is at the same level or better in his level of learning. I look at the progress of my son has made in Kindergarten. He is reading full books, adding and subtracting, and able to do logic problems. I'm %100 pleased with his progress. The principal is fantastic. She takes a interest in all the students. When my son began Kindergarten they decided there were too many children for 2 classes and created a third class. Not many schools do that today. They just cram them together.

A hidden gem! We're fortunate to be part of this exceptional school community where our child thrives. Teachers here are creative, committed, and caring. Small classes and a small student body, plus active parental involvement all add up to a vibrant school central to its community. Great learning environment--we can't imagine being anywhere else!!

What's not to love? Great teachers, responsive staff, a top-notch principal and well-educated kids. A great place!

My grandkids attend - The teachers are very hands on, creative and enthusiastic. Principle Ferrara is also hands on and takes the time to know the students. This school also thrives to be a Green school, teaching the children to respect the Earth.

I think this school is great i am a 24 year old mom of 2 and i went to this school as a child and now my son goes there and i think that they are very hands on in allowing you to participate in you childs education and i love that

This is my son's second year 2008-2009 and I couldn't be more thrilled...left private school to come here.

Last modified South Shore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.