PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Our child entered Indian Creek as a sixth grader and could not have been welcomed more warmly. The school does an excellent job of making sure new students get acclimated and are making friends. Never have I witnessed a faculty more engaged or happier. As we are closing in on the end of seventh grade, I find our child in advanced classes in algebra and literature, with guidance and accommodation in all areas. The performing arts and sports programs are excellent and well supported. More importantly, regarding any issues one might have, and they do come up in Middle School often, I have found the administration to be proactive and actively involved in speedy resolutions. We could not be happier with Indian Creek School.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Indian Creek School offers top notch middle school faculty who clearly love what they do.

Develops character: Strongly agree

In every corner of the school: It is Kind? Is it true? Is it necessary? The school is actively engaged in community service events throughout the year and promotes self awareness and personal growth across the curriculum.

I have mixed feelings about the Lower School. My child was there and I found the environment very caring, but lacking in true ability to adapt to different learning styles. They will make some accommodations, but not necessarily what is needed for your child. I saw no implementation of "All Kinds Of Minds" although they send a few teachers to the training. AKOM is really a marketing ploy to get you there. It is expensive, but they are very communicative and seem to really attempt to educate the children that they can. However, for a college preparatory school at this price point, they should have methods to educate the children they enroll well defined. This is not the case. My child needed structure and consistency and got neither. My child was labeled and then asked to leave. Now in public school with structure and minimal accommodations, my kid is a different child and solid academic performer. Summary: They are caring. They play favorites. They will label. They aren't as flexible or accommodating as you would expect. They don't understand ADHD or autistic kids, unless you come from a "preferred" or wealthy family. You will be disappointed if you are looking for this for your child.

I have attended this school for four years and cannot not say better things about it. The teachers and class sizes are beyond accommodating. Indian Creek has an overall positive community.

Our family has experienced lower, middle, and high school at ICS with our children, and give high ratings to all. Students are absolutely academically challenged and also supported and encouraged. Our children previously attended another area independent school, but we strongly prefer the philosophy and innovative methods of ICS.

Develops character: Strongly agree

ICS has a strong character-building program beginning from the youngest ages and continuing through high school.

I was an invited guest speaker and have never met such a disrespectful group of students. Except for a couple of students who were struggling to stay engaged despite the diatractions, the group was out of control. I felt bad for the teacher who was visibly upset. Kids showed up well past the start time, and many draped their legs and bodies over the chairs in front of them as if they were chilling in their living rooms on front of a tv. I was shocked by the scene.

The school is very progressive and open to alternative methods of teaching and learning The school and many of its teacher really struggle when the label and pigeon hole kids based on exterior factors such as behavior, look, personality, and interests. I would not send another of my children there. The price is very high. The teachers have some issues of bias. We saw this first hand with an exceptional athlete in a non athletic environment. One of the teachers disliked my student over his abilities and attributes. Tread carefully

I am a current junior at Indian Creek and I absolutely love it. I completely disagree with the other comments about the courses not being difficult, I am taking 3 AP's this year and all the classes are made to challenge the student. We are still a young school of course so the athletics program is still improving. The classes are really small (my smallest was 9 students). The teachers go above and beyond my expectations to help us learn the lessons in new ways and they will do whatever is necessary to help you learn the topic. I seriously love my school.

Last modified Indian Creek School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12