PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My son's class had a bullying problem in 4th grade and it was dealt with effectively.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

While MoN does not have the resources for students with more serious learning issues, there are many supports in place from K-8. I have known many children (including my own) who have benefited from this support.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Excellent principal - open to feedback, goes the extra mile for individual students, effective administrator. I hope he stays a long time!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Catholic ideals of service, love of neighbor, and faith are intertwined in everything at this school.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is mostly practicing what has been learned that day, mostly math - important to review those skills to solidify learning. Teachers are receptive when asked to adjust for a particular student.

We have been at this school for 11 years and will be here for quite a bit longer. We were happy from the beginning - it was a welcoming, spirited place with tons of parent involvement. We have seen much growth and change over the years - the principal and administration is attentive to the needs of the community and adjusts as needed. Technology has grown incredibly as has the academic and extracurricular offerings. Teachers have changed jobs within the school when things were not going well - always with a positive outcome - happier, more effective teacher and student. My children have been loved, have been held to high academic and moral standards, and have felt at home in this school - from preschool to 8th grade. They are ready to fly by the time they leave - my oldest has been very successful and is one of the most prepared students in the Catholic high school she attends. One of my children had a lot of difficulty but the teachers were unaware of it. As soon as we made the principal and teachers aware, he was given the help he needed. The resource teacher helped him understand his learning style and the principal went out of his way to help. In 2 1/2 years my son has gone from someone who never felt good enough to a confident student who excels in all areas - and even earned an academic scholarship to high school. I know that he will adjust well to the rigors of high school because of this experience at MoN. Every school has its ups and downs - just as in life. Children who go through MoN will experience a safe, structured environment filled with adults who want the best for them.

After nine years at MoN my daughter will be graduating in May and saying good bye to the place she has considered her second home since she was in kindergarten. MoN's high academic standard have fostered in her a love of learning and critical thinking as well as social skills and personal responsibility that, along with a lot of hard work have earned her acceptance to the St Johns College High De La Salle Scholars Program. Over the years she has also learned many valuable life lessons; it's better to put aside differences when conflict arises, what it means to be a good friend and how to get along with people she doesn't always like. She's also learned that everybody doesn't always get along, everything doesn't always go her way, teachers aren't always in the best moods and sometimes lunch isn't as good as she hoped it would be. And that's ok! (Lessons I wish I had learned when I was young) I am also grateful for support our family received from the principle and administrative staff when we were going through a difficult period. God Bless MoN!

I was a previous student at this school and I have attended since kindergarten. The environment is toxic to the students. The teachers are disrespectful to the students and make sure that the students don't question anything especially involving religion. I actually felt intimidated to have my own opinions and just kept quiet so I wouldnt get in trouble. There are some teachers that are nice and actually care about the students, but that's a small few. When something happens at the school and the staff don't feel like questioning the event, they blame a student and the case is closed. If you have the option, go to a different private school or go public. I can't believe I wasted my life at this school, shape up MON.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

I was in the program for the learning differences and they treated me like I was a 7-year-old.

It was a a okay school. The art and music programs at the school are weak. There is only PE two days a week. They could also work on the lunches. Bottom line the school needs to work on the art and music programs at the school and they need to work on the lunches.

Last modified Mary Of Nazareth School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8