Darnestown, MD

Posted November 18, 2014
The school is lacking real leadership. My child was threatened to be shot and killed. The first two teachers did nothing the third teacher reported this to principal but again nothing was done! After I complained the administration tried to say my child lied. There were 6 witnesses. Once the bully realized nothing was going to be done the harassment got worse. I find out latter that the child who made the threat has parents that contribute a lot to the school. They preach religion but don't practice it! Don't subject your children to this type of abuse.

Posted May 12, 2014
I am a student at MO and let me just say I am so glad I am leaving this school. A lot of these teachers are power hungry. This school only cares about your money. The more you have the more things you get. The more your family is involved the more the people like you. And some kids here are bully's. They will act like your friends and the minute you leave they talk smack about you. But then again that is the same at every school. Academic wise it's a pretty good school. But extracurriculars are awful. There are only sports there isn't many music and art clubs. There is only a choir but they don't do much. There is only on art class a week. That is not sufficient at all. And the gym classes are not very helpful. We only have two a week while other schools have it everyday. So when we get to high school some kids won't be fit for the level of gym class. And don't get me started on the lunches. Some lunches shouldn't even be legal okay? Overall my nine years here have been sorta good.

Mary Of Nazareth School 2

Posted May 12, 2014
I'm a student here and here's my review. The school may seem great at first but do you want to see a student's review or a parent's review? MoN doesn't offer as much as other schools do. I'm not really into sports and there's no Performing Arts program here! Also, the school is more nicer to the richer families. Not to mention that some of the students here are rude and immature. Because of a few students in my grade, I'm unable to receive the full education my parents are paying for! Education wise, the school's pretty good. But don't even get me started about the lunches! Some of these lunches aren't even legit! So basically, the school should offer more programs (instead of more sports!) and be more open to some of the poorer families instead of just the richer ones. And work on the school lunches!

Posted September 20, 2013
My family has had children in Mary of Nazareth for 6 years now. Mary of Nazareth has not only been preparing them academically, but also personally. The atmosphere is caring and helpful and all of the teachers and administrators are knowledgeable and welcoming. And the Principal makes it his mission to try to get to know each child individually. Each child is split into an appropriate reading group starting in Kindergarten and the appropriate math level starting in 4th grade. You know not every kid is the same and not every school works for every kid. But what works at Mary of Nazareth works well. My children could not be happier and they are growing by leaps and bounds year after year. I have recommended Mary of Nazareth to people over the years and I will continue to do so. Mary of Nazareth is a great school.

Posted July 27, 2013
I am a former student of the school and have nothing good to say about it. There is a HUGE bullying problem at the school, which is something I was a victim of. Nothing was done about it, because the principal ignored me and my family every time we tried to tell anyone there was a problem. The school also seems to show favor towards kids in families who are try tied into the school. I would never recommend this school, and I can honestly say that leaving the school was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Posted February 23, 2012
MON utterly failed to prepare my daughter for high school. It was a costly investment to put her through school there and although there was always plenty of homework (a good thing), way too little time was spent teaching these kids how to write! She is in her second year of high school and simply can't keep up with kids from other private and public middle schools. The history and social studies program was good, math was ok and science was weak.

Posted August 17, 2011
My daughter is entering her 4th year at MON and we have been very happy with the school. The school curriculum is very rigorous and the teachers have very high expectations for all students.

Mary Of Nazareth School 3

Posted June 03, 2010
MON is an okay school. My child has been there since kindergarten. There are some great teachers and then some who I are just average. I agree with the previous comments that the school is either sink or swim. They do not have anything to offer as far as the Performing arts and there music department is poor! Unless you are an athlete they do not offer much at least that is of any quality!

Posted September 10, 2009
I am starting my 10th year with children in this school and I have to say that I am absolutely happy with the environment and programs here. Most of the teachers are very good but as with any school you will have teachers that are only 'ok'. fortunately that experience has only been with the specials. My oldest graduated 8th grade last year and I think the math program here is among the best. I like the Catholic environment too and appreciate that my children are learning about their religion as well as their academics. I would and have recommended the school to others.

Mary Of Nazareth School 0

Posted August 23, 2009
Hello. I am going into 8th grade at Mary of Nazareth School. I think that its a great school and the people her are absulutly wonderful! The teachers are average but there are a few that are great! I have been at this school since i was in kindergarten and have loved every year of it! All of my friends are really great people that come from great familes! Im very excited for my 8th grade year to come and I will be so upset to leave this great school when the time comes. I have made wonderful friends that will last a liftime, have excelled in many subjects, I am involved in many after school activities clubs and sports such as Ski club, basketball, soccer, cheerleading, track, etc and I have enjoyed EVER bit of it!Overall, I totally and fully recomend mon to everyone and anyone!

Mary Of Nazareth School
14131 Seneca Road, Darnestown, MD  20874
Last modified Mary Of Nazareth School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mary Of Nazareth School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top