Darnestown, MD

Posted August 27, 2015
The staff suffers no consequences for lying. No discipline for kids who steal from the other children or bully the other children. A lot of students only last a few years before they get fed up with the Principal. The values being taught to the children do not meet core "Catholic Values". Many parents have had their children struggle after leaving due to poor academic requirements.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 26, 2015
Academics are very weak and a lot of parents have had to hire tutors to get their kids up to speed when they enter high school.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
It sucks the life out of kids with their bizarre handling of bullying and theft. It leaves the good children demoralized and many have a hatred for their teachers and the Principal.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
The school is about conformity and inflating the Principals fragile ego. Kids learn to obey out of fear not respect. Question anything or complain that you are being bullied and your kid will be the one disciplined. Someone steals from you kid, do NOT say anything about it. Just remove your child like I did.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
This school is about conformity. Some parents have talked about the "great Catholic education" the school teaches. My experience has bee that "Carholic Values" must include lying, stealing and bearing false witness because that's what the school really teaches. They have a big bullying and theft problem there but don't complain or your kid will be the one punished!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
Students that steal, cheat and lie are protected while kids who defend themselves are severely punished for it. The discipline policies there defy logic and reason.

Mary Of Nazareth School 5

Posted April 11, 2015
We have been extremely pleased with our experience at MoN. We have sent multiple children, some still attending and some recent graduates. The recent graduates were extremely well prepared, receiving exactly what we expected . . . a rigorous academic challenge within a deeply faith filled environment. We have found the parent community to be both supportive and demanding, a subtle combination that holds the school to a high standard. The principal is very visible. He knows his students and families well and works hard to meet their needs. He leads a talented and committed faculty. We have and will continue to recommend MoN highly to families seeking a strong Catholic education and foundation for their children

Posted March 13, 2015
My child won't be returning in the fall. Academics is lax, extracurricular activities are nonexistent and the amount of time they get for lunch, besides the poor quality of liunch, is unconscionable. There's a huge bullying and theft problem there which the administration has done nothing about for two years now. There's a lot of favoritism where a few heavily involved parents seem to run the school. Many of the parents have their little cliques and aren't receptive to anyone outsiders. Being around the parents is like being in high school again but the popular kids are really running the school. The principal lied to me about a problem with one of the students stealing from my child. He's very weak and bends to the rule of a couple heavily involved parents. Moreover, there are ALOT of kids who are not paying to go there who have behavioral problems. Save your money and send your child to a different school.

Posted February 11, 2015
Very disappointed with the education but most importantly with the administration. One reviewer stated , "the Principal knew every kid by name", that must have been the only thing the guy was doing during my children's tenure. The 10 Commandments tell us Catholics that "we shall not bear false witness against your neighbor". I guess that doesn't if you are MoN administration.

Mary Of Nazareth School 5

Posted January 28, 2015
Mary of Nazareth School is a true example of a Catholic Education that not only has helped me mold my children to be conscientious people, but has also challenged my children academically and fulfilled them socially. My older son was shy and lacked confidence. His teachers and the community have brought him out of his shell and he has thrived. My family has been a part of the Mary of Nazareth Community for 7 years and we have loved every moment. I believe that the teachers are skilled and caring about all of their students. The Principal has a knack of knowing every child by name and letting each child know that he is there for them while at the same time requiring respect for all. Sending our children to Mary of Nazareth has been one of the best decisions my family has ever made and I have recommended the school to all who are interested.

14131 Seneca Road, Darnestown, MD  20874
Last modified Mary Of Nazareth School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mary Of Nazareth School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top