Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amazing staff, environment and education for all ages. This is a wonderful school that really makes a change in education for young children.

Excellent student focused environment! The nourishing environment creates a great foundation for life. The staff is extremely engaging!

I have 3 children in DES. All three are doing extremely well and are on the Principal's list. All 3 love their teachers and there is an amazing amount of parental involvement in this school. The community, schools and extracurricular activities like Davidsonville Athletic Association (which shares the School's mascot) have a so much to offer. I'm so happy we moved here and chose this school.

I have a special needs child and am amazed at how clueless the school is in dealing with my child's special needs.

Davidsonville Elementary. My granddaughter attends DE . I feel she is getting a better than average education. The staff and teachers are helpful and concerned. There is a lack of observance of student behavior ie: bullying. And when reported, the staff does not seem to be interested in investigating the incidents. There is a lukewarm concern given to individual reporting. There is a lot of gossip and talk about bullying but no real action or education of teachers and staff. I plead with you to exercise the guidelines that are given to your school on bullying and not ignore them. A concerned grandparent.

Teachers are fantastic, parents are very involved and the speed and complexity at which learning takes place is perfect.

Our two girls have been at Davidsonville for the past three years and absolutely love it. They are both outgoing, advanced academically and thriving at DES. We have not had a bad teacher - in fact, they have all been amazing. And, the school has been highly responsive to any concerns or questions that we have. The school itself is beautiful - very modern, clean and bright. The biggest concern we have is where to go next, as we are not thrilled with Central Middle School.

If your child falls in the autism spectrum do not dare place your child in this school. We found this school to be decades behind in providing services to children affected by autism compared to other schools in the region. The staff lacks basic understanding or training in dealing with autistic children and are oblivious to special programs available for autistic children in their very own county. The county does it's best but unfortunately this particular school is stuck in the 70's in the area of educating children in the autism spectrum.

I have children in DES for 5 years now and while it has a lot of parental involvement from lots of stay at home mothers, I'm not overly impressed with the teachers or leadership and direction that they are receiving. A few teachers have been great but most just average. The emphasis is clearly on test scores and if your child doesn't score well, they are essentially left behind or pushed to produce better scores - not learn what they are lacking in. Too much homework, not enough communication with parents. And, my biggest pet peeve - the teachers spend way too much time telling the students inappropriate details about their own personal lives...TMI!! I often wonder when they get their work done. Overall, I have been disappointed but other than private Kindergarten, I have no other elem school to compare it with. It's ok but needs improvement!

This is a great school! I moved to Davidsonville in large part because of the school's reputation, and I have not been disappointed! I've currently got three children there, and they all are thriving. The kids get great opportunities to learn in the classroom, the facilities are fantastic, and the fifth grade teachers are doing an especially good job challenging the students to think critically and creatively.

Last modified Davidsonville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.