Bad
Good

Really warm and welcoming staff in a beautiful facility. The Principal is so accessible, knows the students by name and is always around with a smile. My son's teachers have been very attentive and really invested in his academic growth. I compared many private schools before we decided to move to allow our children to come to Dayton Oaks. Very happy with the decision!

This school has been wonderful for our children the staff are phenomenal. We have loved everything the staff have done to make our children enjoy learning. They offer lots and lots of extra learning opportunities and they have helped my children excel well above grade level.

I have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader at Dayton Oaks, and they both love it. It's a safe environment, the teachers have been good to excellent and there's been a prompt response to any concerns we've raised.

My 4th grader has been in this school since kindergarten. I have loved every teacher he has had- they are hard working and caring. He is challenged and nurtured here. They have a great gifted program, after school programs and parent teacher association. The principal and assistant principal are very involved. Bullying is taken very seriously. Community is great. My kindergartener started this year and initially had not wanted to leave his pre-K montessori but fell in love with DOES instantly.

My son has attended Dayton Oaks since the middle of 2nd grade. He is now in 4th grade. We love the school because of the wonderful leadership, new building, and strong parent teacher association. The school is under-enrolled, so they don't use all of the available space, but the classroom sizes are pretty large. This can be challenging with a child with an attention disorder. My son did not like the after school care program (provided by the Columbia Association), but it could be because he's had such amazing programs before with which to compare it to.

Last modified Dayton Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.