Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Like the other reviews I was questionable about the school based on the overall score. Since moving into the neighborhood my son had to change elementary schools for his 1st grade year. He went from a struggling reader to almost completely independent by the end of the 1st semester! They work very hard with the reading, writing, and math in the 1st grade level. My son brings home TONS of work he complete almost everyday. He gets along well with his classmates. I enjoy the fact that class sizes are relatively small. Only 16 in his 1st grade class compared to the 25 he had in Kindergarten from the previous school. The only question I have about this school is the county's decision to bus in students outside of the technical boundary (a neighborhood that is closer to other elementary schools). My only guess for this is the need to spread lower income and number-wise to various schools to decrease the likelihood of having a poor performing school. I would rate this school a 9/10, only because I do miss the activities my son's previous elementary school provided more often (Fun Run, Carnival, etc) which made the school feel much friendlier and welcoming. This is not to say Sequoyah does not participate in family activities, we have had bingo night, outdoor movie night, family math night, etc.

My daughter is currently in 3rd grade and I am very happy with the administration. My daughter attended another school for her 1st and 2nd grade year and she struggled academically. I decided to move and originally I had doubts because of the scores displayed on greatschools.org, but I took a chance. I can honestly say Sequoyah has done a wonderful job. My daughter has improved in reading, writing and math. She's reading chapter books and writing legible sentences. I am very impressed with the staff. Ms. Smolen is one of the best teachers at Sequoyah! My daughter wasn't happy with her past teachers, but she loves Ms. Smolen. My daughter is also a member of the Kidsco before and after school program. The staff are very organize and I love that they provide a fun, safe and educational environment for the children. The Staff are very good with helping the kids with homework and keeping them entertained. The Sequoyah administration and Kidsco are a blessing.

My daughter is currently at Kindergarten and I cannot be happier. This school offers her so much and the kids are being taught so well. I am not sure why the ratings are so low.

We love the school! My daughter is in kindergarten and I have no complaints at all.

Great school so far. I was a little intimidated by the Great Schools Rating a year and a half ago but I am glad that I overlooked and here I am now. My son is in first grade and he is way above in his reading and math level to the point that the I have to supplement his work at home with 2nd grade problems, activities, etc. In working with my son's teacher, I understand that they create different groups within the classroom to make sure every student does not slow down if they are getting ahead of the game. I am very pleased so far with the education that my son is receiving. In another note, I have to say that there were some isolated issues bulling and the principal and assistant principal took decisive actions to stop it; this makes me very happy.

I am a parent of two children who recently attended Sequoyah ES. The school provides an absolutely welcoming environment. The school does a great job of creating and maintaining a positive learning environment. We were impressed by the professionalism of all of the teachers we worked with. The principal and staff were wonderful about meeting with me to develop solutions to meet the learning needs of my children. The PTA is well-organized and worked with parents and staff to provide information forums, as well as the fun events that create a sense of community. My children thrived there academically and have since enrolled at a highly gifted center. I truly miss our 'home' school.

My child attends Sequoyah Elementary School. It's a wonderful school with fantastic staff. The parents are always welcomed and involved with the childs performance. My daughter loves her teachers and really enjoys learning. She is excited to go to school every day. She is excelling in all subjects - if she needs pushing in one area (including social skills), the teacher notifies me. I am extremely happy with our experiences with Sequoyah!

My child is a current student at the school and has been for several years now. Not only the principal but the new vice principal counselors and teaching staff have left not only myself down but they have let down my child. My child has fallen behind and it has not been communicated by the staff to me the parent. Several requests for meetings as well as weekly communication was ignored. Several times throughout the year I have requested help in making sure my child got on grade level or close to it. The teachers have refused to allow my child to leave less that 30 minutes early without coming to the office to discuss a personal matter about my child. My child cries going to school daily and can not wait until she does not have to attend there anymore until then it is a daily battle with the staff. The school also prides themselves in being the best school handling the very large issue of bullying however my child has been bullied since she started there and nothing has been done to make sure that my child is safe secure and happy. I've been very disappointed in the school yet the county will not help me to move my child.

My son is a Kindergarten student and has been attending Sequoya Elementary for the last week and a half. I have to say that I am very happy with the school. The principal, teachers, and staff care about their school and it looks that they are dedicated to helping every child succeed along with the PTA. Everyone has been doing an outstanding job and my son loves it. The principal is very professional and charming and open to help us with any concern that we have. Look forward to a great year.

Hello.... My Name Is Allieu Kanu...My First Visit At This School Was Outstanding..... There Were Smiles All Over The Faces Of The Vice Principle And The School Secretary's Face... What A Great Experience.... My Stay Was Very Satisfactory And That Makes My Day...

Last modified Sequoyah Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.