Posted October 29, 2014
Great school so far. I was a little intimidated by the Great Schools Rating a year and a half ago but I am glad that I overlooked and here I am now. My son is in first grade and he is way above in his reading and math level to the point that the I have to supplement his work at home with 2nd grade problems, activities, etc. In working with my son's teacher, I understand that they create different groups within the classroom to make sure every student does not slow down if they are getting ahead of the game. I am very pleased so far with the education that my son is receiving. In another note, I have to say that there were some isolated issues bulling and the principal and assistant principal took decisive actions to stop it; this makes me very happy.

Posted September 16, 2014
I am a parent of two children who recently attended Sequoyah ES. The school provides an absolutely welcoming environment. The school does a great job of creating and maintaining a positive learning environment. We were impressed by the professionalism of all of the teachers we worked with. The principal and staff were wonderful about meeting with me to develop solutions to meet the learning needs of my children. The PTA is well-organized and worked with parents and staff to provide information forums, as well as the fun events that create a sense of community. My children thrived there academically and have since enrolled at a highly gifted center. I truly miss our 'home' school.

Posted April 17, 2014
My child attends Sequoyah Elementary School. It's a wonderful school with fantastic staff. The parents are always welcomed and involved with the childs performance. My daughter loves her teachers and really enjoys learning. She is excited to go to school every day. She is excelling in all subjects - if she needs pushing in one area (including social skills), the teacher notifies me. I am extremely happy with our experiences with Sequoyah!

Sequoyah Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2014
My child is a current student at the school and has been for several years now. Not only the principal but the new vice principal counselors and teaching staff have left not only myself down but they have let down my child. My child has fallen behind and it has not been communicated by the staff to me the parent. Several requests for meetings as well as weekly communication was ignored. Several times throughout the year I have requested help in making sure my child got on grade level or close to it. The teachers have refused to allow my child to leave less that 30 minutes early without coming to the office to discuss a personal matter about my child. My child cries going to school daily and can not wait until she does not have to attend there anymore until then it is a daily battle with the staff. The school also prides themselves in being the best school handling the very large issue of bullying however my child has been bullied since she started there and nothing has been done to make sure that my child is safe secure and happy. I've been very disappointed in the school yet the county will not help me to move my child.

Posted September 04, 2013
My son is a Kindergarten student and has been attending Sequoya Elementary for the last week and a half. I have to say that I am very happy with the school. The principal, teachers, and staff care about their school and it looks that they are dedicated to helping every child succeed along with the PTA. Everyone has been doing an outstanding job and my son loves it. The principal is very professional and charming and open to help us with any concern that we have. Look forward to a great year.

Posted July 09, 2013
Hello.... My Name Is Allieu Kanu...My First Visit At This School Was Outstanding..... There Were Smiles All Over The Faces Of The Vice Principle And The School Secretary's Face... What A Great Experience.... My Stay Was Very Satisfactory And That Makes My Day...

Posted February 22, 2013
This school has a very diverse population, yet the staff have high expectations for learning and behavior for every student. Each team of teachers works hard to ensure the success of the students. The leadership team does a good job of soliciting and reflecting feedback to set and reflect on goals. I've been at this school for several years, and I can certainly testify to the dedication and compassion of the teachers here.

Posted February 10, 2012
Great principal and good dedicated teachers make it a great place to learn. And committed and dedicated PTA is another plus.

Posted September 19, 2009
The principal is absolutely wonderful. She's very open to find the best solution to making sure your child loves school.

Sequoyah Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Good dedicated teachers makes it a great place for the students to learn.

Sequoyah Elementary School
17301 Bowie Mill Rd, Derwood, MD  20855
Last modified Sequoyah Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoyah Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top