District Heights, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted May 30, 2013
The new principal is amazing but the school needs to be shut down. Don't send your child to this school !!!!! PG county PLEASE shut this school DOWN! Our children are suffering....

Posted September 07, 2012
dhes i a poor school i did not like the food or mr long DO NOT SEND YOUR KID THERE

Posted May 08, 2009
I believe that the teachers here are doing the best we can with what we are given. Our new principal lacks the knowledge of basic protocal and PGCPS policy to efficiently and effectively run a school. She has caused a division in the building and it is no longer a united feeling amongst the staff. We try our best to come in everyday and smile for the children's sake. We handle our business in the classroom but it has become a day to day struggle. Many people from our school have decided to leave D.H.E.S. after fighting to keep the school open for the neighborhood children that we have grown to love because of our new administrator.

Posted March 09, 2007

Posted April 04, 2006
I have taught at D.H.E.S for the past three years. Although the atmosphere is tough to get used to, there are some positive things going on there. Seems to be a breakdown in communication between administration and staff which has an effect on the parent-teacher relationship.

Posted May 19, 2005
I've recently pulled my daughter from District Heights Elementary School because of the abusive conduct from Principal. Prinicipal Jones bullies and degrades the students,the parents, and her own staff. I'm not the only parent that feels this way. This was my daughters first and last year at this school. I woudn't recommend my dog to go to this school.

District Heights Elementary School
2200 County Rd, District Heights, MD  20747
Last modified District Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
District Heights Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top