PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We have two grandchildren at the school. They have had good teachers and good overall experience.

I cannot say enough good things about this school! The classes are small, the children receive personal attention, the curriculum is hands-on and the overall environment is very warm and nurturing. I LOVE that all the grades work in the school garden and that there are animals on campus in which the students assist in their care. If your child is having any problems (as mine did) the administration has a positive attitude works very hard to do whatever they can to help your child. I highly recommend this school!

I am extremely pleased with St. Andrew's. After searching for months for the perfect school for my children, we decided on St. Andrew's and couldn't be happier. The teachers and curriculum are top-notch. There is always a ton of communication between the parents and teachers. There is also a new Head of School this year who is very responsive to ideas and concerns. The pre-school is very nurturing and loving. The pre-schoolers receive music, Spanish, library and gym which is not offered in many pre-schools. The class size is really the big selling point. If you think class size is not important, think again. The Kindergarten classes have 12 students with TWO teachers full-time. My child was never really interested in writing or reading until he started at St. Andrew's. He loves school and wants to learn. Pick-up and drop-off is really easy with a car-line system. You can drop the kids off between 7:50-8:15 in the elementary school and pick up is between 3:10-4 basically which is a great. The art program is amazing! It's a green school! There are goats and chickens on site. The atheletic fields and playgrounds are super nice.

St Andrews has the perfect size classes and the school has a warm environment. The teachers and kids are happy (and it shows), the outdoor fields are great and the fact the Administration listens to parents and constantly tries to make the school better each year - appealing.

School provides structure and attention that my daughter needed. We have seen great improvement in her development since moving her to St Andrews. Fun and nurturing environment for the kids!

We've been at the school for 3 years, and first learned of it 5 years ago, when touring all area private elementary schools, from the head of our child's then preschool. This respected administrator had 30 years in education, much of that in the Annapolis area, and she told us she heard excellent things about St. Andrew's program. Her advce has proved to be spot on! The academics are challenging. The faculty is engaged and caring. The overall environment is nurturing. The campus, with it's secure neighborhood location, distinct preschool, elementary school and middle school buildings, 2 libraries, beautiful chapel, outdoor class room, spacious fields, gardens, playgrounds, and animals, is delightful. The tuition is a bargain for what is provided. I'm on site often, and am struck by how engaged and happy the kids are. They are also respectful, and the families are supportive. Our child is thriving and loving school. I am a huge fan of St. Andrew's, and have recommended it to a number of friends. I do check back, and all those who have brought their children here are very happy as well.

We have attended St. Andrews for a number of years - my oldest graduated last year (2011) and was fully prepared for the rigor of high school. We have been extremely happy and feel both our children have been challenged academically and at the same time very nurtured. I have recommeded St. Andrews to a number of families over the years and all that have attended have thanked me often for the recommendation. Extremely impressed with the Head of School, her passion and devotion to the children and school is evident every day.

We have had 2 children at St. Andrew's since 1999 and we have been very pleased with the education that they have received. Our daughter is now in her 2nd year of high school at Archbishop Spalding and to say that she was prepared would be an understatement! Our son will graduate next year and is thriving as well. We can truly recommend St. Andrew's to anyone who is looking for a Christian based school with exceptional academics.

One of my children attends St Andrew's and I'm very pleased with the school and teachers. After meeting parents with kids in the upper grades who rave about the advanced curriculum as compared to public schools, I received a copy of the St Andrew's 3rd grade curriculum. With my other child in 3rd grade at blue ribbon public school, I was astonished to see how advanced St Andrew's is by comparison. We're she not so well established, I would certainly make the switch. Teachers at St A's seem to be hired based on their proven history of success and/or ability to educate at a higher level and it show's. As a former student of public school, while I had many good teachers, poor performing teachers were also present and seemingly impossible to get rid of. St A's has no such restrictions, yet they hire well through a stringent process so removing teachers doesn't often seem to be necessary. Lastly, their certification as a "Green School" and focus on teaching kids the value of the environment and each other is an important distinction.

I went to St. Andrew's for middle school and it was great preparation for high school. Some of the St. Andrew's classes were even harder than my preliminary classes in public high school. The teachers were all very good, and it was a great experience overall. One thing that could be improved, however, is their math program; even though their math teacher is the best teacher there (everyone knows this), the math is not as fast-tracked as public middle schools. I made up for this by taking geometry and pre-calc together in one year, so it did not end up being an issue. I am now at an Ivy League school and I honestly believe that St. Andrew's instilled in me a great work ethic and appreciation for education. I definitely recommend the school!

Last modified Saint Andrew's Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8